Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Russ Chadd

Hot water pressure washer for sale
« on: May 01, 2011, 07:53:38 pm »
Hello!

First of all i apologise for this shameless plug!
However I feel i have to share some useful info with the forum which could possibly benefit many of you people who are using portable extractors rather than truck mounts.

I am based down in Surrey and i sell these great little hot water pressure washers to Valeters and also to carpet cleaning businesses.
The machine can be supplied with an adapter to convert the standard M22 hose fitting so a regular male quick connect can be attached.

I have been cleaning carpets for many years using portable extraction machines and one of the main disadvantages is that you either have to rely on your customers to provide the hot water or use an in line heater which needs a separate electrical circuit and lets face it... they "warm the water" and eat electricity!

I use a Prochem steempro Powerplus for extraction and my hot water and pressure is provided by the Zeta, 300psi at 90 deg C (the pressure can be increased to 1200psi for pressure cleaning)
Using this machine will also allow the use of a Rotovac scrubber or a hard floor high pressure cleaner!

Unlike many pressure washers, the Zeta has a bypass pump which is similar to what we all have in our extractor machines, the Zeta can simply be left running out side the propery or if you have enough solution hose.. in the back of your van.
Water temperature will reach up to 90deg C from switch on in less than 60 seconds!, in low pressure mode (300-500psi) the machine will draw less electrical power than an in line heater!

Tried and tested... this is by far the most efficient way of getting boiling hot water to your wands and hand tools!

Please get in touch for further details!

Mike Halliday

Re: Hot water pressure washer for sale
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 08:05:14 pm »
.....moved from the for sale section.....

Russ sorry mate but you need to contact the admin to be able to commercially sell to our members.

but what you are suggesting is a great idea so rather than delete it i am moving it to the carpet cleaners section to open it up to discussion,
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Russ Chadd

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2011, 08:12:59 pm »
Thanks Mike really appreciate that my friend!

Russ

Mike Halliday

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, 08:22:14 pm »
i've never understood why more carpet cleaners don't use this system like you say inline heater get the water warm at best but a diesel burner will give ample heat.

how do you connect it to your powerplus are do you connect the water straight from a tap?

Russ Chadd

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2011, 08:36:59 pm »
Basically you run the two machines totally separate, i always have the Zeta machine outside in the back of the van with an extra long solution hose which runs inside the house to my wand.
I set the pressure to about 350psi.. this gives me enough pressure and the temperature is about 70 - 90 Deg C
The powerplus extractor is there simply to extract the dirty water, if i am woking in a block of flats then i still have to rely on my heat and run if i cant run enough solution line outside!

I am working on chemical injection at the moment so either extraction or rinse additives can be added.

Water flow is approx 4.5 lt min so i get away with using my on board water tank, or i use mains water if i can.

Hope this helps

Fintan_Coll

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2011, 08:43:19 pm »
So you don't use the pump on the extraction machine at all?

Russ Chadd

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2011, 08:46:24 pm »
Not unless im using just the extractor on its own... my steempro only provides me with about 100psi, so it kind of ruled out the Rotovac machine... until i added the Zeta and now its like having truck mount pressure and heat!

jasonl

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2011, 08:51:35 pm »
Now all you need is a blower attached to a small diesel engine and you will have a better -AS IN CHEAPER , EASIER TO USE AND SIMPLER- TM than anything on the market
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Fintan_Coll

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2011, 08:56:14 pm »
And a further question Russ, is this pressure washer totally electric or does it have a petrol or diesel system for heating the water and driving the pump.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2011, 08:57:15 pm »
this is a picture i attached on another topic but it would perfect to use for extraction with this system, as it has auto-pump out, you could work non stop

Russ Chadd

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2011, 09:11:39 pm »
Hey Mike that looks interesting... any spec on it at all?

Here is a vid link i made a while back to demonstrate how effective the Zeta was in cleaning a really dirty carpet in my garage... just pre sprayed it with some cheap pre spray and brushed..... and yes i know i never dry vacuum'd it first!!
Clean hot water rince

http://http://youtu.be/92Ez4e5TeDM

M.Acorn

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2011, 10:05:46 pm »
Often wondered why I don't use a set up like this,what sort of life expectancy does the pump have in one of those machines ?
What goes around comes around

Russ Chadd

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2011, 10:20:48 pm »
Hey Mark

This pressure washer has been designed for light commercial use, so i would say 4 hours continues use if i were to take a guess!
My demo machine has been fine, as long as you look after the machine in terms of servicing... make sure the water strainer is clear, fuel filter replaced once a year, pump oil topped up and of course de scaling the machine on a regular basis.

When you add up the cost of an inline heat exchanger... average price £450 +VAT, then a 400psi pump and fitting...
£500.00 that's a grand... and even then the best inline heaters are never going to provide you with continues hot water as they are constantly having to heat the flowing water.

This method is the most efficient, cost effective way of adding high pressure and hot water to your portable extraction setup.

Fintan_Coll

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2011, 11:03:40 pm »
What is the lowest psi this machine will safely work at, for example can it be turned down to around 150-200 psi which is more than adequate for most upholstery jobs. Also I would like to know if 4.5 liters per minute is the minimum flow rate or can this be reduced further as one reduces the psi. If using this set up with an average extraction machine without automatic empying would you not have to stop very often to empty your machine.

jasonl

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2011, 11:23:17 pm »
The way I read it flow stops when you stop pressing the trigger so water sage would not be too bad
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Fintan_Coll

« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2011, 11:41:13 pm »
Yes, I suppose so Jason. It is difficult to get enough info on this machine as their web site does not tell you very much. I guess the only way is to see the actual machine in action.

Russ Chadd

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2011, 11:55:03 pm »
Ok to answer a few questions:

Fintan :

the lowest pressure the machine will operate at WITH heat is about 350 psi using a wand with two 0.3 jets.
You have to remember that the machine has a flow switch which turns  the fuel solenoid on when it senses adequate water flow.
If you want pressure of up to 200psi then i would suggest replacing the internal pump in your extractor with a 200psi model), also i have to say that by emptying the extractor of dirty water, you can see roughly how much water you have used.
I have a Steempro plus and i just empty every so often, to be honest its not a pain.

Remember that Prochem  did sell a prosteem plus with a 500psi internal pump with similar flow.

This machine gives you:

A 90 Deg C of water in 90 seconds of COLD startup (uses approx 5 lts of water to reach max temp from cold!!)

B Between 350 and 1500 psi of water pressure

C Ability to attach a garden hose or water tank

D The option of using with a Rotovac... i have heard that Rotovac machines like pressure of at least 400psi  and heat

E The option of hard floor cleaning (up to 1500psi 8.5 lts per min)

F Will run from the same circuit as your twin motor extractor, (in low pressure mode)

G the Pump is a by pass pump, motor continues to run even when the trigger is not pressed (just like an extractor pump)

H Can easily be wheeled to the customers front door and will operate outside with a long solution hose.

Any further questions please ask

Russ

P.S What info is missing from the website?

E.E.P.S

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2011, 11:58:45 pm »
Hi and could you send me your contact info to pmoon2005@yahoo.com thanks Paul.

Paul Simpson

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2011, 11:20:24 am »
this is a picture i attached on another topic but it would perfect to use for extraction with this system, as it has auto-pump out, you could work non stop

I saw details of an auto pump out system on the other forum fitted to a scorpion, not sure if it can be fitted to other machines, but it consisted of a pump fitted into the recovery tank and attached to a hose connector on the outside, then simply attach a garden hose to the hose connector for auto pump out, bit like the Prowler I believe.
Quite expensive for what it is but a bit more convenient if you wanted to go down that route I would have thought.

Fintan_Coll

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2011, 10:18:02 pm »
Thanks for the reply Russ. As I use a Scorpion with a 500 psi pump pressure is not an issue. What interested me was the fact that I was thinking about buying a new in line heater but as you say they have their limitations and the most efficient ones would cost around half the price of your pressure washer anyway.
I used to do pressure washing years ago with a cold washer and just had an idea that I might do some pressure washing again for some of my better clients as I am asked about it from time to time.
I saw this machine as filling a number of needs, first as a hot pressure washer naturally, secondly as a source of continuous hot water and thirdly the equivelant of having an extra or spare pump on board. A new in line heater and spare pump would cost about the same as your machine but without the added advantage of being able to pressure wash if necessary.