This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Darranvps

City & Guilds NVQ
« on: April 25, 2010, 06:43:21 pm »
Hi
Has anybody been on the NVQ level 2 - High level window cleaning course and what do you think?

Window Washers

Re: City & Guilds NVQ
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2010, 07:33:36 pm »
Hi
Has anybody been on the NVQ level 2 - High level window cleaning course and what do you think?
yep we did it, it cant hurt to have it:

puts you above competition that do not have it, looks good in marketing gear.

(not that they like to hear that, but true all the same)

Ian
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Darranvps

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2010, 07:36:33 pm »
Apart from the logo

Did you learn anything useful

Window Washers

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2010, 07:41:16 pm »
Apart from the logo

Did you learn anything useful
tbh not really from memory on window cleaning, I did learn a few things in regards to safety.
The way the UK is going we will all have to have these types of certs, I just hope they limit it to the ones that took it uo in the first place, now that would upset people, I guess the good thing would be I could fined staff that were ok at thier jobs :)

Ian

p.s non  nvq window cleaners, |I am joking ok| but if your stuggling and need work please call me :)
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Darranvps

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2010, 07:52:50 pm »
Well being a safety course I would expect that :P

What I meant was, what did you learn about health and safety?

Window Washers

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2010, 07:53:53 pm »

A little  ;) but as Tesco says: every little helps  ;)

Darranvps

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2010, 07:55:27 pm »

So not a lot you can remeber then?

Window Washers

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2010, 07:57:29 pm »

Not really if I am honest, but have to say it is better to have then not to  ;) if shows willing in safety, I'm not going to try and sell you it, but it cannot be a negative thing for your business  ;)

williamx

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2010, 07:58:57 pm »
I was on the same course with Ian, and the main benefit will be the marketing that I can get from the course, it shows the commercial clients that you are pro active in H&S, although the course was good for high level cleaning I think more could be done with low level cleaning.

Darranvps

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2010, 07:59:51 pm »

Not really if I am honest, but have to say it is better to have then not to  ;) if shows willing in safety, I'm not going to try and sell you it, but it cannot be a negative thing for your business  ;)
I totally agree, that it looks good, but if you can't remember or don't put it into practice, whats the point, really.

Window Washers

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2010, 08:08:53 pm »

I totally agree, that it looks good, but if you can't remember or don't put it into practice, whats the point, really.
if you dont put into practice you should not be thinging of national contracts or you will be chewed up in litigation should a problem happen.

I would more say, only take on cleaners national hat have this as it shows they know what they are doing and prove the fact.  ;)

Darranvps

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2010, 08:19:09 pm »
I have done H&S courses at NFMWGC and BWCA recently.
I totally agree with H&S see www.purple-rhino.co.uk
But is City & Guilds any better than what I have already been on.
Or is it just another way of somebody making money out of us, such as the course provider.
Its a shame you didn't take much in when you attended.

Window Washers

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2010, 08:23:50 pm »
Or is it just another way of somebody making money out of us, such as the course provider.
the only one that will be known by any is a NVQ

the rest think they are known but I am being honest, know one will have a clue who they are. you may be able to write who knows on a stamp but i DOUBT IT WILL TAKE THAT ROOM.

I did take a lot from the course, met others and learnt a lot, we even won national award  ;D me and William are stars in nvq's yet we do not charge for photo's, well I don't not sure about Will.I.am at pure H

Darranvps

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2010, 08:36:30 pm »

the rest think they are known but I am buign honest, knowone will have a clue who they are. you may be able to write who knows on a stamp but i DOUBT IT WILL TAKE THAT ROOM.

I did take a lot from the course, met others and learnt a lot, we even won national award  ;D me and William are stars in nvq's yet we do not charge for photo's, well I don't not sure about Will.I.am at pure H

It took a while to get something out of you.
Have you been to the pub?

Window Washers

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2010, 08:38:54 pm »

the rest think they are known but I am buign honest, knowone will have a clue who they are. you may be able to write who knows on a stamp but i DOUBT IT WILL TAKE THAT ROOM.

It took a while to get something out of you.
Have you been to the pub?
lol how did you guess, my son took me for a game of pool and beat me, one pint and im shot is was at the pub at least 25 mins before dinner. and I struck off your list ?

Ian

p.s I have nothing against Ionics, I may even go on ther course

Darranvps

« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2010, 09:27:11 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D

I am going on one of the NVQ courses tomorrow near Gatwick, anyone else goind.
Just wanted to ask if it was worth going on.

Window Washers

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2010, 09:32:40 pm »
;D ;D ;D

you will know what I mean tomorrow, it is worth going on, more so with what you want to do I would say it is a must  ;)

j.v. price ltd

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2010, 10:56:35 pm »
Worth going on it's a nvq approved course and it's free, if you are really serious about health and safety you need to be looking at an IOSH or a NEBOSH

Iosh is 4 days and all supervisors or managers need this

Nebosh is 4 weeks and all MD's and the person responsible fir H&S need to have this

All the best tomorrow

Paul Coleman

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2010, 07:42:45 am »
Hi

Funnily enough, I will be attending the first part of an NVQ course later today.  Will let you know how it goes.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2010, 07:45:48 am »
;D ;D ;D

Oh right.  I posted my previous reply before I got this far down the thread.  See you there then Darran.  In case you're wondering, I'm the one with one head  :)