This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Supreme clean window cleaning

van playing up
« on: April 25, 2010, 03:28:16 pm »
i have a 03 plate citroen dipatch 2l hdi it would not start proparly yesterday took about 30 seconds of it turning over then started went out this morning and would not start called the aa and got it started with easy start in the air filter dont know what the ploblem is it doing my head in cus i got custys all week needing there windows  done just wonderd if any body has had this sort of prob before

Window Washers

Re: van playing up
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2010, 03:39:41 pm »
i have a 03 plate citroen dipatch 2l hdi it would not start proparly yesterday took about 30 seconds of it turning over then started went out this morning and would not start called the aa and got it started with easy start in the air filter dont know what the ploblem is it doing my head in cus i got custys all week needing there windows  done just wonderd if any body has had this sort of prob before
I WILL GIVE YOU THE BEST TIP YOU WILL GET ON HERE:

DO  NOT USE EASY START!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The AA should know better than to do this, yes quick fix, it will kill your engine IF USED A FEW TIMES, this happened to me a year or 2 ago I had to replace the engine (AA thanks for that) cost me about 5k with lost work and having replacement engine installed.

My advice is go to a bosch  service center and get them to look at at, I would do this ASAP.

AA know how to start cars to get them home. (Full stop) thats what they are paid for.

I had to get the aa man out again diferent guys (CIU SORT OUT THE PROBLEM WITH YOU FORUM FFS, way annoying not being able to type and see what your doing try updating the forum software god it aint rocket science I can do this within 15mins  ::), ),

Second AA guy said take to bosch (if spell worng I give uo hope this site does my head in with the things easy fixed.

Go to gargae and get iot looked at m8, honest dont get stung like I did.

best of luck.

you are the third person I have seen with the same problem.

Ian
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

landy2

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2010, 03:39:47 pm »
it may need new glow plugs

niceandclean

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2010, 03:40:26 pm »
Is it normally when the engine is hot?

Window Washers

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2010, 03:45:12 pm »
it may need new glow plugs
I would bet money it is not glow plugs there is a problem with this engine. that needs addressing.
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

niceandclean

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2010, 03:50:45 pm »
I had the same problem with my scudo JTD (same as Citroen HDI) it happened a few times on cold start, but was mainly when the engine was hot. Just gone through my old invoices, and i had the cam sensor replaced. The part was £34.97 plus VAT and £30.00 labour to fit it. Common fault so they said?
Hope that helps.

dmlservices

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2010, 04:01:46 pm »
this happened to me , check the glow plug relay , its a little black box,on the left hand side of the engine bay, the terminals inside mine had melted, cheap to fix , not had a problem, since

daz

landy2

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2010, 04:25:08 pm »
when you find out mk will you let us know the outcome curious now also did the AA man not give you a verdict on the problem vans and cars are great when working but when things go wrong what a pig i have a new discovery and something like the electric window not working mine gone today sat outside with clear bag over back door hope to get it fixed after work hope to book it in bring back the old cars you could fix yourself

mci services

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2010, 05:03:52 pm »
this happened to me , check the glow plug relay , its a little black box,on the left hand side of the engine bay, the terminals inside mine had melted, cheap to fix , not had a problem, since

daz

snap the exact same with me

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2010, 05:35:50 pm »
thanks going to get it looked at thinking about doing the glow plugs myself first just to get the cheapest thing out of the way he checked the relay ok

Window Washers

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2010, 06:16:23 pm »

daz
I think I may aswell have that checked, before it does my head in... everything on my relay is new lol should last long time  ;D :-\

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2010, 08:30:45 pm »
checked relay replaced glow plugs still no better going in the garage tomorrow i maneged to get it started today so got a good day in moving all custy forword so going to have to catch up next week good job i havent got hundruds of custys yet so i going to be able to cope thanks for all your replys

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2010, 08:42:30 pm »
I sympathise. I've had problems with my immobiliser for a week. I had a new key cut for it last week as I only got one with it and the light wont go out since using it. It appears that if you cut more than 4 keys it 'bu@@ers up the immobiliser' to quote my garage.
I have a bypass coming tomorrow, they said they sold 6000 units last year so it seems a common fault.