Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Sean Dyer

Re: tracker get one if you have staff
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2010, 03:52:53 pm »
big brothe ris watching.

dunno if i would be happy if i was an employee and bening snoope don. Is the tracker to be use dfor thing slike this or something else?
could be sticky ground yer on here

alot of companys use them now mate

why not? Its your vehicle and time, also for there safety if they are lone working as you know where they are etc

But its not snooping when youre paying them to do something is it!!?

Sean Dyer

« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2010, 03:54:46 pm »
I KNOW A BT ENGINEER HE WAS ALWAYS HOME FOR 1400 hours but now they have trackers hes to work a full day

But if he is being paid till 4-5 then who is the dishonest one??

Its a shame companies have to resort to that as they cant trust people to be decent enough to work when theyre being paid!!!

martinsadie

« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2010, 03:57:24 pm »
I KNOW A BT ENGINEER HE WAS ALWAYS HOME FOR 1400 hours but now they have trackers hes to work a full day

But if he is being paid till 4-5 then who is the dishonest one??

Its a shame companies have to resort to that as they cant trust people to be decent enough to work when theyre being paid!!!
he was given a list of jobs once they were done he went home ,now they know where the van is he is allocated jobs at short notice,he never conned them he just worked harder

Darranvps

« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2010, 05:36:42 pm »
we have one staff going out on hes own  (wfp) things didnt add up with hes hours and how long he was taking to do jobs,bought a tracker what a eye opener,taking sometimes 90mins for dinner,last fri 37mins to do a £12 house 9mins to do £20 house,we are going back to do the £20 house!!!

the best £200 ive ever spent
What make/company do you use?

newbroom

« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2010, 05:50:50 pm »
To be blunt anyone who thinks that a employee will not look for an angle to make their life easier or pocket a bit of extra cash because in thier head they got the L"oreal effect "because i'm worth it ", is being niaeve.

By all means treat your staff fairly, meet your legal requirements under current employment legislation but do not expect any member of staff to treat your business the way you do. Your loyalty is to your business, theirs is to the pay packet.

Work to your weakest link if you have a toerag you suspect is taking the mick put safeguard in place to protect you an your business, it doesn't hurt to let even the staff you trust that you won't be taken for a fool.

Window Washers

« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2010, 06:07:25 pm »
To be blunt anyone who thinks that a employee will not look for an angle to make their life easier or pocket a bit of extra cash because in thier head they got the L"oreal effect "because i'm worth it ", is being niaeve.

By all means treat your staff fairly, meet your legal requirements under current employment legislation but do not expect any member of staff to treat your business the way you do. Your loyalty is to your business, theirs is to the pay packet.

Work to your weakest link if you have a toerag you suspect is taking the mick put safeguard in place to protect you an your business, it doesn't hurt to let even the staff you trust that you won't be taken for a fool.

Great post this is.............
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Daniel Watson

« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2010, 06:25:04 pm »
where did you find a tracker for 200 quid,

lyndy

« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2010, 06:26:59 pm »
the £200 i paid was for the tracker,and nothing to  pay after that,you cant see where the van is during the day,you download where its been and how many stops and for how long,you have by law got to tell your staff which i did

Window Washers

« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2010, 06:28:16 pm »
the £200 i paid was for the tracker,and nothing to  pay after that,you cant see where the van is during the day,you download where its been and how many stops and for how long,you have by law got to tell your staff which i did
as asked already where did you get the tracker from ? do you have a website ?
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Steve CM

« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2010, 06:29:59 pm »

Great post this is.............

that boy has got it in one! give em an inch they take a mile.

Keep the system tight and there is less angles to be had

Steve CM

« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2010, 06:30:47 pm »
as asked already where did you get the tracker from ? do you have a website ?

them sort are a waste if time ian

you want it in real time

Daniel Watson

« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2010, 06:35:05 pm »
oh yeah you have to tell em.

and to anyone who employs, if you tell them there is a tracker they will tow the line, even if there isnt one.

also draught a contract that stipulates that if ever they feel that they can leave your company and approach your customers to offer there services they will

A. be charged with theft from an employer

B. Be in violation of the data protection act

C. be charged with theft of intellectual property

D. find out what a vikan brush tastes like

what brand of tracker do you use?

lyndy

« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2010, 06:39:39 pm »
we dont need it real time,just spoke to our employee and he has been well put in hes place and very sorry and wants to start a fresh,so its worked for us.we bought it from www.eyetek.co.uk
gps logger £205.63 with the vat

paul rulton

« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2010, 07:33:37 pm »
so you are quite happy for them to pocket the extras that the customers might ask them to do.

You are very generous if not a wise business man.
just gave them a bit extra & they told me about it most of the time anyway  :)
some times they added a few 2my work sheets just 2 keep it fair, as they new they would of been
my custys had i ave been there. good lads  ;) not easy 2 come by  ;) so when u get them good
treat them rite  :) after all ur company is only as good as the people who represent it  ;)
well thats how i look at it anyway  ;D

Window Washers

« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2010, 07:35:24 pm »
so you are quite happy for them to pocket the extras that the customers might ask them to do.

just gave them a bit axtra & they told me about it most of the time anyway  :)
some times they added a few 2my work sheets just 2 keep it fair, as they new they would of been
my custys had i ave been there. good lads  ;) not easy 2 come by  ;) so when u get them good
treat them rite  :) after all ur company is only as good as the people who represent it  ;)
well thats how i look at it any way  ;D
In a way you are right, but people doing snides whilst working for me would get the sack, as I class it as taking food out my kids mouths. I pay bonuses for this reason.

paul rulton

« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2010, 07:41:47 pm »
haha ;D  i used 2do that as well  ::) oh well it worked well at the time  ;D i diont think & never have
that im a generous or much of a business man  :-\ just alway try n treat people how i wanna be treated  ;)

williamx

« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2010, 08:25:15 pm »

just gave them a bit extra & they told me about it most of the time anyway  :)
well thats how i look at it anyway  ;D

I hope you are so generous if any of these customers had to make a claim against your company because your staff caused an accident or broke something.

paul rulton

« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2010, 08:29:45 pm »
not my worry anymore  ;D sold most of it 7years ago  ;) made a tidey sum 2  8)

mattywig

« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2010, 09:33:33 pm »
If you pay your staff percentages, make them reclean any complaints the next day before they start work, and let them keep the full money from the 1st clean of any new job they pick up, you will find that everything else talked about is no longer a problem.

lyndy

« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2010, 10:26:54 pm »
thats ok,but if it rains all day and they cant work what percentages do they get? any new job they pick up after its been cleaned 3 times they get the value of that job,if they get a  one off job they get 10 percent.
staff take the pee,be on your toes if you take staff on