This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

lyndy

tracker get one if you have staff
« on: April 25, 2010, 08:58:40 am »
we have one staff going out on hes own  (wfp) things didnt add up with hes hours and how long he was taking to do jobs,bought a tracker what a eye opener,taking sometimes 90mins for dinner,last fri 37mins to do a £12 house 9mins to do £20 house,we are going back to do the £20 house!!!

the best £200 ive ever spent

daz1977

Re: tracker get one if you have staff
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2010, 09:15:25 am »
they come i handy as well if custy claim u havent been

clean

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2010, 09:18:34 am »
It`s not a tracker you want it`s new staff  ::)

paul rulton

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2010, 10:43:41 am »
It`s not a tracker you want it`s new staff  ::)
hehe  ;D think my mrs has had 1 put on my van  :( ;D

JSMC

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2010, 10:53:13 am »
big brothe ris watching.

dunno if i would be happy if i was an employee and bening snoope don. Is the tracker to be use dfor thing slike this or something else?
could be sticky ground yer on here

paul rulton

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2010, 10:58:32 am »
i was never bothered wot people done in work time when they worked 4me. as long as all the days
work was done & there was no complants i was happy. if they chose 2mess about n be out all day
that was there choice. they still got the same money if they got done in 5hours or 8hous  ;D

williamx

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2010, 01:04:25 pm »
i was never bothered wot people done in work time when they worked 4me. as long as all the days
work was done & there was no complants i was happy. if they chose 2mess about n be out all day
that was there choice. they still got the same money if they got done in 5hours or 8hous  ;D

and what a bout all the foreighners they are doing

daz1977

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2010, 01:27:00 pm »
a lot of companyies are using trackers, so that when u get home at night your insurance stops,  so u cant use the vehicle outside of work time

formb

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2010, 02:04:27 pm »
I have been considering this for some time.

Last year I caught a sniveling little chuff head, who was in my employment, fiddling his takings. He was saying he had done houses that he hadn't and saying some customers were out when they had in fact paid him.

In total I wrote off £1500. When you factor in the graft needed to sort out this chuff up + the customers who either cancelled or lost faith in our staff £1500 doesn't even come close to the actual cost of employing this chuffing pikey chuff head.

But,

If I had trackers in all my vehicles, yes this problem would not have happened but, would all my other staff who I trust be happy?

I would also have spent more than £1500.

I would also have been paying money to track all my vehicles while they were sat doing chuff all in January.....

.... and Feburary. :(

Jack Wallace

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2010, 02:10:57 pm »
How do they work? its an interesting idea.

niceandclean

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2010, 02:15:17 pm »
Just tell staff that it helps with your insurance and that due to the nature of the equipment that you carry, it will deter theft of the vehicle. If they have nothing to hide, what's the problem?

Window Washers

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2010, 02:25:55 pm »
I think there is no problem with a tracker, I know if I got a job and was told there was a tracker I would be fine with it, it stops staff doing things wrong also give them proof they did what they said when they said they did it, and also helps with the thief side, why lie to staff, be honest, and say this shows us what you do when your out if helps give you bonus's and makes our business run better.
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

JSMC

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2010, 02:40:12 pm »
Just tell staff that it helps with your insurance and that due to the nature of the equipment that you carry, it will deter theft of the vehicle. If they have nothing to hide, what's the problem?

so basically tell them one thing and us eit for another? trust works both ways. You would have to tell employees actual reason for it. if you decided to start uing it for other purposes than  what you told them you would be in bother

martinsadie

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2010, 02:42:59 pm »
I KNOW A BT ENGINEER HE WAS ALWAYS HOME FOR 1400 hours but now they have trackers hes to work a full day

Tom White

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2010, 02:44:10 pm »
I KNOW A BT ENGINEER HE WAS ALWAYS HOME FOR 1400 hours but now they have trackers hes to work a full day

I bet he's gutted!  ;D

niceandclean

« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2010, 02:44:49 pm »
That is the reason we use them?? And yes trust does work both ways, but judging by the original poster it was not working both ways was it? What other purposes would you use a tracker for, other than to track your vehicles?

paul rulton

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2010, 02:57:53 pm »
and what a bout all the foreighners they are doing
up 2them fella, as long as all my work was done, not a prob wiv me  ;)

williamx

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2010, 03:02:44 pm »
so you are quite happy for them to pocket the extras that the customers might ask them to do.

You are very generous if not a wise business man.

martinsadie

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2010, 03:03:02 pm »

I bet he's gutted!  ;D
he dosnt get to do as many jobs on the side now  ;D

formb

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2010, 03:27:46 pm »

That's not the issue, well it's not mine anyway. Some of the guys who work with me I have known since I was 5.

I trust them completely.

It would chuff them right off, even though they have nothing to hide.