Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

cleewindows

how could i connect a backpack to a 250 litre tank?
« on: April 24, 2010, 07:17:03 pm »
Out of interest how would i connect a backpack to a 250 litre tank?
i have a backpack the same as the one from wcw.
isit possible?its nice and small battery lasts 5 hours and also will take no room up in my van and has a 70psi pump!

Ian W

Re: how could i connect a backpack to a 250 litre tank?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2010, 07:43:08 pm »
If you are hoping to use it as a van mount and a backpack, then I don't think it will work. But if you just wanted to use as a van mount then you need to find the inlet hose, remove it and replace with a suitable hose into the tank. You would be better off buying the pump for about £30 and a similar battery for about £15.
Do all the good you can, and make as little fuss about it as possible.
Charles Dickens

cleewindows

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2010, 07:59:20 pm »
yeah would like for a van system only so i would take no room up.
and that all i need to do really?
sounds like a plan mate as i was going to convert a xline to use as a van system so thinking this would be a good option for me as i have fiat doblo,as i have lots of different tools i dont want to take too much room up in my van!
ian any more info would be great!
If you are hoping to use it as a van mount and a backpack, then I don't think it will work. But if you just wanted to use as a van mount then you need to find the inlet hose, remove it and replace with a suitable hose into the tank. You would be better off buying the pump for about £30 and a similar battery for about £15.

Ian W

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2010, 08:48:21 pm »
Basically, that's all you need to do. My mini van mount system consisted of a pump, battery, fuse and switch bolted to a plastic board. A suitable length of inlet hose is hoseclamped to the pump and the other end is put into a 25 litre container. A tiny piece of outlet hose is clamped to the pump with a quick release coupling to allow me to plug a hosereel in. Job done.

If you bought the backpack, you just need to put a long length of hose on the pump inlet to reach the tank.

I also added a plumbing check valve and a small filter to the end of the hose. The check valve stops you having to prime the system all the time and the filter stops any rubbish going into the pump.
Charles Dickens

cleewindows

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2010, 09:01:04 pm »

cheers m8
would this be anygood?
http://www.johnhewitt.com/batteries.htm ksr-80

Basically, that's all you need to do. My mini van mount system consisted of a pump, battery, fuse and switch bolted to a plastic board. A suitable length of inlet hose is hoseclamped to the pump and the other end is put into a 25 litre container. A tiny piece of outlet hose is clamped to the pump with a quick release coupling to allow me to plug a hosereel in. Job done.

If you bought the backpack, you just need to put a long length of hose on the pump inlet to reach the tank.

I also added a plumbing check valve and a small filter to the end of the hose. The check valve stops you having to prime the system all the time and the filter stops any rubbish going into the pump.

Ian W

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2010, 09:21:25 pm »
That would be fine. Or you could diy mine for about £60.  ;D
Charles Dickens

cleewindows

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2010, 09:24:10 pm »
ian would it be more than powerfull enough to clean windows at 30 or 40 foot high or would it need a more powerfull pump?

Ian W

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2010, 10:12:56 pm »
More than adequate.
Charles Dickens

cleewindows

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2010, 10:40:39 pm »
i have just emailed to see when they will have more in stock,im going to order one and then sell my xline trolley!
More than adequate.

cleewindows

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2010, 04:01:00 pm »
they have none in stock so interested in how you done yours,any pics or more info please ian where to get bits from etc?
my email addy is lcfcwin@hotmail.com
cheers
That would be fine. Or you could diy mine for about £60.  ;D

Ian W

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2010, 06:05:29 pm »
E mail sent
Charles Dickens

LWC

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2010, 07:12:57 am »
Ive always wanted to do this but never got around to it, but it wouldnt be hard.

I would get a T piece before the pump, with a length of hose that would dangle out of the backpack and put a hoselock stop on it, so you could still happily use it as a backpack, and then from your 250 tank have a tap and a male hoselock that would just click into the hose thats dangling as and when you need it.

Or as you say you have a trolley, you have all the parts there, just do it with your trolley.

cleewindows

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2010, 07:36:59 am »
i do have the trolley but just seems a waste with the trolley and also the trolley is a lot bigger m8!
i would just take the tank off the backpack and leave it in the van permanent,i just need to be sure it will definately work!
Ive always wanted to do this but never got around to it, but it wouldnt be hard.

I would get a T piece before the pump, with a length of hose that would dangle out of the backpack and put a hoselock stop on it, so you could still happily use it as a backpack, and then from your 250 tank have a tap and a male hoselock that would just click into the hose thats dangling as and when you need it.

Or as you say you have a trolley, you have all the parts there, just do it with your trolley.

paul rulton

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2010, 08:49:31 am »
Ian W, can u put a pic up please? just wanna see how u did it  ;D thanks m8  ;)