Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

alansavvi

Has anyone heard of Welmac?
« on: August 13, 2005, 10:36:16 am »
They make the wfp system?

www.welmac.co.uk

matt

Re: Has anyone heard of Welmac?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2005, 05:38:45 pm »
i like the look of the RO unit

looks very posh

Paul Coleman

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2005, 06:34:50 pm »
They make the wfp system?

www.welmac.co.uk

I hope their systems work better than their website.

thewindowcleaner1

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2005, 09:59:47 pm »

like the look of the RO unit
It looks like a merlin on its side with a carbon pre filter that looks to small and a di cartridge that looks too small,connected to a tank that looks too small
The secret is not doing as you like but liking what you do
www.thewindowcleaner.biz

welmac

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2005, 01:10:41 pm »
ive heard of them , im one of the directors!  ;)

in reply to some of the posts:

the pre - filter used is a 10 inch filter that we install as an EXTRA, these merlin units run without these, it is installed to increase the life of the merlin carbon filter.
the reason it is a 10 inch filter and not a 20 inch filter is due to the fact that a 20 inch is more than twice the price of a 10 inch but does not give twice the life. so although the filter needs to be changed more often, when you work the cost out per year its cheaper.
we can do systems with the 40-40 R.O units, the one pictured on the website is only an example of one kind we do (using the merlin R.O).
the demin cartridge in the photo is the one that was requested for the customer. a bigger cartridge can be installed but they obviously cost a few quid more.
as for the tank being "too small", its 1.4 mtrs high and 900mm wide, it holds over a 1000ltrs of pure water.......if you want it bigger we can do it but this is plenty big enough! :)

alansavvi

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2005, 04:13:18 pm »
I researched a lot of systems and i must say this is one of the best around with excellent service to match, much cheaper than ionics!

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2005, 04:17:58 pm »
I researched a lot of systems and i must say this is one of the best around with excellent service to match, much cheaper than ionics!

I highlight the "much cheaper" and as we say in window cleaning termanology "cheaper isnt allways best"

alansavvi

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2005, 05:21:15 pm »
it is in this case!!!!!!!!

dont trust me look for yourselfs

thewindowcleaner1

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2005, 08:24:38 pm »
much cheaper than ionics!

Still a bit pricy though I shure you could match the system on Matts site cheaper...If you are of a mind to build yor own..

Sorry welmac did not intend to put your system down, I agree with your thinking about the carbon pre filter though I've a 24" and if what you say is right I just learn't something new, as for the resin coloum I use a 30" one which saves on the constant changing of resin..
and as your tank holds 1000 ltrs my comments about everything being too small or incorrect and I apologise

Alan
The secret is not doing as you like but liking what you do
www.thewindowcleaner.biz

welmac

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2005, 12:30:01 am »
im always happy to here other peoples views!
as said earlier what is shown is simply an example of what we do. if people need bigger R.Os, filters tanks etc we can supply this.

with regards to comments like "cheaper isnt always better", i would say i agree........most of the time!
all i would say is that customers of ours who have been contemplating going to far more expensive companies (no names mentioned) but ended up purchasing from us, have all been happy with the price being ALOT less and also quality being very high.

John Conroy

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2005, 08:11:10 am »
What will happen when ever window cleaner 5 to 10 years time has a WFP system, there will be no one wonting a system as most good system last for a long time. sale's will be very low indeed. 

Andy

welmac

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2005, 08:28:40 am »
thats why ive kept my window cleaning round going! ;)

although im sure some "new better" equipment will be developed by then, and then people will end up upgrading.

(people said the same thing about double glazing..."once everyone has had it installed, all the window companies will be out of business". but nowadays people are having 10yr old double glazing replaced)

Craig_Mawlam

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2005, 09:10:29 am »
The replacement window market was always a lot bigger though, with an estimated 10,000 window cleaning businesses in the UK thats not too many potential customers. Given that Ionic has sold over 5,000 systems over eight years and given the number of suppliers its easy to see the wisdom of John Conroy's words. A good question for potential purchasers to bare in mind is "which suppliers are most likely to be around after the WAHD gold rush is over" because you'll still need to get parts and service for your investment.

Rgds
Craig

matt

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2005, 10:00:30 am »
A good question for potential purchasers to bare in mind is "which suppliers are most likely to be around after the WAHD gold rush is over" because you'll still need to get parts and service for your investment.

Rgds
Craig

a good point craig, BUT from my point of view, the money i saved will buy me a fair few new RO units in the next 10 years

welmac

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2005, 10:16:16 am »
with some of the extortianate prices that some companies are charging they wont be too concerned when sales slow right down as they will of already made their millions!!!

with the different choices/options available i still do not understand why some people are spending thousands more then necessary on these systems?

its worth shopping around, could save you alot of money.

matt

« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2005, 10:22:58 am »
with some of the extortianate prices that some companies are charging they wont be too concerned when sales slow right down as they will of already made their millions!!!

with the different choices/options available i still do not understand why some people are spending thousands more then necessary on these systems?

its worth shopping around, could save you alot of money.

how very true :)

Old_Master

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2005, 06:30:14 pm »
It is very easy to copy anything once it has been introduced to the marketplace and then it can be sold cheaply as you havent had to invest many months and thousands of pounds ensuring it does what it is supposed to do,and then spend hundreds of hours driving up and down the UK convincing window cleaners that wfp works.

Inovation is a rare and completly different matter.
I for one will be patenting and fully protecting every thing new we introduce.
No more free lunches for the Pirates
Glyn

Mike_Boxall

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2005, 07:24:18 pm »
If you're going to buy a 'cheap system' BUY A CHEAP SYSTEM!

£25!

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2005, 07:56:17 pm »
how does it work then

dave

matt

« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2005, 08:03:41 pm »
It is very easy to copy anything once it has been introduced to the marketplace and then it can be sold cheaply as you havent had to invest many months and thousands of pounds ensuring it does what it is supposed to do,and then spend hundreds of hours driving up and down the UK convincing window cleaners that wfp works.

Inovation is a rare and completly different matter.
I for one will be patenting and fully protecting every thing new we introduce.
No more free lunches for the Pirates
Glyn

Shiver me timbers  ;D

I'll protect me Booty, so i will  ;D