This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

C.C.S.

data protection act
« on: April 23, 2010, 07:58:03 am »
hi all just got a new job to clean some offices inside windows and got asked to have a data protection act.what this exactly means and how do i get it.is it included in the PLI?thanks

Darranvps

Re: data protection act
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 08:03:20 am »
Data protection act, they mean they don't want you giving their details to 3rd parties.
Probably check up on line is the best thing to do.

daz1977

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 08:05:18 am »
means yuo have to agree not to pass there details on and destroy them after a certain time i think

http://www.dpa.lancs.ac.uk/summary.htm

Tom White

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 08:47:35 am »
I don't think anyone really knows what the DPA means, and I used to work in areas of the military where the DPA was taken quite seriously.  It covers every area about every conceivable piece of information and the couple of odd times I tried to read the regulations, it just made my eyes bleed; it's not interesting stuff.

It could be more to do with the storage of information maybe; is there security codes for the building and stuff?  Maybe these offices take industrial espionage seriously.  It won't be anything to do with your PLI.

I think you ought to just ask who ever asked you about the DPA.

bravo20

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2010, 09:07:00 am »
I think they mean you have to have a data protection licence, cost £35 per year and you can get details here; http://www.ico.gov.uk/what_we_cover/data_protection/notification.aspx

mci services

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2010, 01:43:29 pm »
from what i have read on it, we are exempt as the list doesnt get passed to third partys and isnt public

http://www.ico.gov.uk/upload/documents/library/data_protection/forms/notification_exemptions_-_self-assessment_guide.pdf

paul rulton

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2010, 01:44:30 pm »
y would u need data protection  ??? we r windys. i had it when i was a baliff, but i held alot
of peoples personal infomation  ;D

Martin ccs

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2010, 02:52:58 pm »
your prob giving them more info - bank details for payment!

we have cleaned at hospitals, many different offices and even government buildings - never asked for anything other than insurances.

what is it that this company do? or cant you tell me? ::)

wightsurf

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2010, 03:15:12 pm »
Perhaps they think you might see things through there windows that that don't want made public  ;D

C.C.S.

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2010, 05:02:09 pm »
i got a cleaning contract ,cleaning insides and also the window cleaning and i've been asked for the data protection act

formb

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2010, 06:30:29 pm »
i got a cleaning contract ,cleaning insides and also the window cleaning and i've been asked for the data protection act

Sounds pretty odd to me, I tell them to chuff off if I was you, get a different set of windows to clean.

They asked you to provide a data protection act?

Silly Billies if you ask me.