This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

cleewindows

the 10 week challenge has started
« on: April 22, 2010, 07:28:58 pm »
From today i have the urge to get out everyday door knocking!
 My aim is to get 150 customers from today untill july the 1st!
 I picked up 3 customers today in hour and half!
was also told theres a windy retireing soon so maybe he will sell him custys or i might pick a few up anyway!
 So if i keep going out knocking im going to get the other 147 hopefully by july the 1st!
 Isit possible to get 150 in ten weeks?
thats 15 people a week!

Darranvps

Re: the 10 week chanllenge has started
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 07:37:41 pm »
You can do it if YOU want to.
If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing, you're right.

daz1977

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 07:38:13 pm »
yea, it can be done  its only 2 a nite

R W C™

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 07:40:16 pm »
Canvass 5 days, 3 a Night, if you stick to it you will smash that, its just motivation if you get 9 in one night dont get slack and take the nexr 2 days off  ;)

cleewindows

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2010, 07:44:22 pm »
thanks for the encoragement im going to go for it,im trying to get my misses to knock for me and then i will go back and quote them too!
Canvass 5 days, 3 a Night, if you stick to it you will smash that, its just motivation if you get 9 in one night dont get slack and take the nexr 2 days off  ;)

cleewindows

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2010, 07:45:22 pm »
thanks m8 im determined to do it!

You can do it if YOU want to.
If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing, you're right.

cleewindows

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2010, 07:46:23 pm »
thanks im going to do my best and when you say 2 a night thats not many really!
yea, it can be done  its only 2 a nite

R W C™

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2010, 07:49:57 pm »
thanks for the encoragement im going to go for it,im trying to get my misses to knock for me and then i will go back and quote them too!

Give yourself a time to start and finsh 4-7 And just keep going, dont stop at 3 jobs and dont slack when you pass target,

cleewindows

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2010, 07:58:05 pm »
i totally agree m8,the more the merrier if i get 10 great,i will try and get the same the next day,saves paying anyone too,ive told my misses i will pay her though £10 per custy!

Give yourself a time to start and finsh 4-7 And just keep going, dont stop at 3 jobs and dont slack when you pass target,

martinsadie

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2010, 09:25:46 pm »
was also told theres a windy retireing soon so maybe he will sell him custys or i might pick a few up anyway!
 So if i keep going out knocking im going to get the other 147 hopefully by july the 1st!
thats 10 people a week!
your maths isnt very good its 15 people a week  ;)

sunshine windows

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2010, 09:31:32 pm »
your maths isnt very good its 15 people a week     

And it only took 10 posts before someone realised either. lol
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

cleewindows

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2010, 09:34:51 pm »
lol i mean 15
3 a day will be good!5 would be even better!
out tommorow and saturday knocking my target is 10!
thats 10 people a week!
your maths isnt very good its 15 people a week  ;)

Supreme clean window cleaning

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2010, 09:39:19 pm »
ive just got a 100 in just 3 weeks that me and the missis knocking every night and sat and sun just keep knocking its a bit mind numming tho just think of the money and price high

cleewindows

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2010, 09:48:41 pm »
great work mate,i hope i can get the same numbers as you thats very impressive,had you of hired canvassers that will be a good 2 to 3k bill you have saved well done mate!
how many custys have you got and what is your aim?
cheers mk
ive just got a 100 in just 3 weeks that me and the missis knocking every night and sat and sun just keep knocking its a bit mind numming tho just think of the money and price high

Re: the 10 week challenge has started
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2010, 10:23:14 pm »
that is what i got my aim is 300 +

cleewindows

« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2010, 10:25:10 pm »
keep up the good work mate and by june you could have 300!
would you stop at 300 or keep going?

that is what i got my aim is 300 +

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2010, 10:27:13 pm »
i think keep going get as much as poss

Tom White

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2010, 10:32:06 pm »

There's an old guy retiring round our way - he was never a full time window cleaner - though I am finding out he has a surprisingly good amount of work that's not badly priced; I always assumed this guy was cheap.

Anyway, I've picked up a lot of work from this guy (now this guy doesn't like me so I'm not going to phone him, because he's bonkers; obviously; what's there not to like about me? ;D), so what I've been doing is whenever I pick up one of his old accounts, I just ask the customer which other houses this guy cleaned.  In one particular street, all detached houses, I've picked up five in a row; nice!

I've also got a smattering of £15 to £20 houses dotted about, all less than two miles from where I live, and I'll get more of them when I find out more (I'm cleaning two of them tomorrow so I'll quiz the customers when I'm there). 

And because this old guy is involved with a church, the customers I'm picking up are all nice elderly middle class Christian types, which to me means that they're going to be good customers and pay me when I'm due paying.

So the moral of the story is keep your ear to the ground and follow up any hot leads you find.

cleewindows

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2010, 10:36:23 pm »
well done tosh m8
advice taken
ear is to the ground,im going back to do the rest of this estate that was just one road i done there,good chance of getting a few from there.

There's an old guy retiring round our way - he was never a full time window cleaner - though I am finding out he has a surprisingly good amount of work that's not badly priced; I always assumed this guy was cheap.

Anyway, I've picked up a lot of work from this guy (now this guy doesn't like me so I'm not going to phone him, because he's bonkers; obviously; what's there not to like about me? ;D), so what I've been doing is whenever I pick up one of his old accounts, I just ask the customer which other houses this guy cleaned.  In one particular street, all detached houses, I've picked up five in a row; nice!

I've also got a smattering of £15 to £20 houses dotted about, all less than two miles from where I live, and I'll get more of them when I find out more (I'm cleaning two of them tomorrow so I'll quiz the customers when I'm there). 

And because this old guy is involved with a church, the customers I'm picking up are all nice elderly middle class Christian types, which to me means that they're going to be good customers and pay me when I'm due paying.

So the moral of the story is keep your ear to the ground and follow up any hot leads you find.

Tom White

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2010, 11:06:29 pm »
Another good tip, if you're using leaflets as well, is to check your phone for numbers who've called you each day.

When I get in from work, I'm in the good habit of updating who I've cleaned, organising my next days work including making any calls to leave gates open, or just tipping my hat to my best accounts, and I always check the CALL LOG to see if anyone phoned but didn't leave a message.

I phone any numbers I don't recognise and say something along the lines of 'Hello, I've had a missed call to my landline number from this number, my name is Tosh and I'm a window cleaner.  Were you after a window cleaner?'

Sometimes it's someone I know and not window cleaning related, but other times it's been people who've phoned wanting a window cleaner but not brave enough to leave a message.  And when I'm finished, I'll delete the call log, so the next day I know any numbers on there are fresh ones.

It just ensures you don't miss any potential customers.