This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Martin ccs

why has the forum gone down hill?
« on: April 22, 2010, 03:45:09 pm »
this forum is great for help,tips and advice on cleaning products but its starting to fill up with wc on here that just give rubbish advice or just start chatting and not staying related to the cleaning topic.

its like talking to some rude boy gangster sometimes - the spelling is getting a joke.

there are some top wc on here with an attitude to always help with sound advice but far too many kids on here now.

think there should be a section for pros with experience - that would also help out the new guys.

too many cowboys on here!

Tom White

Re: why has the forum gone down hill?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 03:58:24 pm »
I KNOE WUT U MEEN MATE, I HAS BEEN HER 4 YEERS AN TEH FORUM DEFINITELY HAS WENT DOWN HILL AN TEH SPELLIN AN GRAMMAR OV SUM OV TEH GANGSTR POSTERS IZ ABYSMAL.  WE NED AN AREA JUS 4 US PROFESHUNALS.

Tom White

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 03:59:59 pm »
the spelling is getting a joke.

And the lack of capital letters in the correct places, or even at all, always annoys the heck out of me!
 ;D

(Apologies, I'm just having a laugh)

paul rulton

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 04:01:57 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2010, 04:06:27 pm »
Toshy  ;D

paul rulton

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2010, 04:11:41 pm »
i couldnt say if its gone down hill or not, only been on 4about 7months myself   ;D
ive had loads of help from the ciu since i came on. & i hope ive helped others out in return  :)
there r a few names on here i try n stay away from, but on the whole the windys on here r
great help & like 2ave a laugh  ;D
so if it has gone down hill, i wish i had found it long b4  :( it must ave been great  ;D

Martin ccs

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2010, 04:12:25 pm »
i know my spelling and grammer isnt the best but take a look at the miss of a post on pg2 by tommy - and he wonders why he was losing work.

and tommy again on post - windows sills dirty.

no offence tommy but thats very bad.

Tom White

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2010, 04:21:52 pm »
I think Tommy is dyslexic.  Wor Lass is dyslexic, so I understand some of the issues involved.  A few years ago she did a 60 point OU course and she had to put in at three times the effort that a 'normal' person would.  It's quite a far reaching 'disability'; even school parent's evenings can frighten her because of the thought of a wadge of forms being handed to her to fill in.

I reckon there's a quite a few dyslexics on this forum; maybe window cleaning fits with their 'disability' so that's why they've gravitated to a manual labour occupation such as ours?  But at least they're working.

I know where you're coming from though, 'Chav speak' aka 'LOLspeak' used to wind me up and I'd go off on one about 'Nokia keyboards', but now I just let stuff like that go.  Life's too short to wind yourself up trying to control everyone and everything.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2010, 04:45:39 pm »
Yeah you're right Tosh.

Tw@  ;D

Pole 2 Pole

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2010, 05:35:08 pm »
He's a bit of a godsend ol Tosh ain't he(forgive the "ain't" Tosh) :-) But yeh.........it's not a touch on what it was a couple of years ago. I jusy flick through the postings nowadays as most of them appear to be...........ironically............TOSH. Shame really, cos it used to be one hell of an informative site. I learnt everything from this place. There's only a couple o names i recognise now. Tosh, Matt and maybe a few others. Maybe it's me.........Maybe i'm just getting old. Time to move over 4 da young gunz :-)

david watts

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2010, 05:44:18 pm »
i never reply to text threads just dont like it :(
life is like a box of chocolates you get the crap no one else wants

elite mike

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2010, 06:14:01 pm »
tomy is one of the more experienced polers on here

and knows what he,s on about,

most of the time ;) ;D

Tom White

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2010, 06:33:58 pm »
There's only a couple o names i recognise now. Tosh, Matt and maybe a few others. Maybe it's me.........Maybe i'm just getting old. Time to move over 4 da young gunz :-)

A lot of them are still around, but under different names, for example The Shiner is now Paul Coleman and Malc Gold is just plain old Gold now.

I liked Wavie Davie, the Jock.  Remember him?  He had a sense of humour that chimed with my own, and he knew his stuff, and no doubt ran a successful business but wasn't one of the pretentious 'businessman types', he was definitely a window cleaner's window cleaner.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2010, 06:51:33 pm »
A lot of them are still around, but under different names, for example The Shiner is now Paul Coleman r.
Never knew that.
I wish Ross would come back again. Always good fun.

R W C™

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2010, 07:03:43 pm »
A lot of them are still around, but under different names, for example The Shiner is now Paul Coleman r.
Never knew that.
I wish Ross would come back again. Always good fun.

Dont think he wants this known tho  ???

Paul Coleman

« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2010, 07:43:01 pm »
i couldnt say if its gone down hill or not, only been on 4about 7months myself   ;D

Now that's odd because it started going downhill about 7 months ago  :)

Paul Coleman

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2010, 07:47:24 pm »
There's only a couple o names i recognise now. Tosh, Matt and maybe a few others. Maybe it's me.........Maybe i'm just getting old. Time to move over 4 da young gunz :-)

A lot of them are still around, but under different names, for example The Shiner is now Paul Coleman and Malc Gold is just plain old Gold now.

I liked Wavie Davie, the Jock.  Remember him?  He had a sense of humour that chimed with my own, and he knew his stuff, and no doubt ran a successful business but wasn't one of the pretentious 'businessman types', he was definitely a window cleaner's window cleaner.

Yep.
Guilty as charged  ;D .
I prefer to use my real name these days.
I had an incarnation in between as Leapstallbuildings too.  Then I decided to get changed at home instead of in telephone boxes because most of them don't have doors these days.

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2010, 07:49:52 pm »
I KNOE WUT U MEEN MATE, I HAS BEEN HER 4 YEERS AN TEH FORUM DEFINITELY HAS WENT DOWN HILL AN TEH SPELLIN AN GRAMMAR OV SUM OV TEH GANGSTR POSTERS IZ ABYSMAL.  WE NED AN AREA JUS 4 US PROFESHUNALS.

You missed out the now compulsory word "INNIT" ;)

paul rulton

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2010, 07:51:22 pm »

Now that's odd because it started going downhill about 7 months ago  :)
hey hey im happy with that  ;)

R W C™

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2010, 07:52:00 pm »

Yep.
Guilty as charged  ;D .
I prefer to use my real name these days.
I had an incarnation in between as Leapstallbuildings too.  Then I decided to get changed at home instead of in telephone boxes because most of them don't have doors these days.

Well i kept it secret Paul even when you where leaps  ;)