This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Tom White

An impromptu day off...
« on: April 22, 2010, 09:23:19 am »
Well after working about three weeks straight, including Saturdays, we're finally on top of all our work, we're knackered (I work with Wor Lass  :'() and we're off for a haircut, breakfast and a long walk with the dog.

It's great just to wake up, no problems, and take a sneaky day off work. 

I see there's plenty of other skivers on the forum right now; just think of all those poor guys chained to their desks in some sweaty office somewhere working with a bunch of people they don't like.  ;D

How lucky are we?  ;D

supernova77

Re: An impromptu day off...
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 09:48:23 am »
Hey Tosh - Why didn't you take tomorrow off instead and have a long weekend?

Have a good day off  ;)

Andy

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 09:01:08 pm »
no days off for me for a while!i had half of last week off hunting for new van,got one then had to wait overnight for roof rack and get a new exhaust! ::)

phones been ringing with good jobs!commercial(£60 6weekly)country house(£52 6weekly) and 5 other small jobs.im about a week behind and ive got a few conny roofs to clean!! ;D ;D

weather great here in the north west so im pulling my finger out!! ;) ;D ;D

ill wait until the weathers really bad before i have a day off in the week!

great to be on top of your work tosh and kick back and relax!hope you had a great day off!! ;D ;D

best wishes

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

dmlservices

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 09:07:57 pm »
these un planned days of are the best , nothing beats being the boss, and being able to give yourself a day of as a reward for hard work , helps recharge the battery's  ;)

daz

AuRavelling79

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2010, 09:28:50 pm »
Well after working about three weeks straight, including Saturdays, we're finally on top of all our work, we're knackered (I work with Wor Lass  :'() and we're off for a haircut, breakfast and a long walk with the dog.

It's great just to wake up, no problems, and take a sneaky day off work. 

I see there's plenty of other skivers on the forum right now; just think of all those poor guys chained to their desks in some sweaty office somewhere working with a bunch of people they don't like.  ;D

How lucky are we?  ;D

Classic! I had a half day today which culminated this evening in taking a guide dog for a walk with Mrs. Gold and littlest Gold.

Instructions:- "Oh this dog is so well behaved - when you get to the Daisy Field give her one of her biscuits and say "run Joan run" and let her go for ten minutes, call her back and give her another biscuit as a reward."

Off we go, cross the busy A4 Portway and go into said Daisy Field. Taking off her lead it's "Run Joan run!" we all shout and she belts off, out the gate straight across the road (The A4) to beeping of horns, me and Mrs and littlest pegging after her. Me telling littlest to be careful on the road, her getting all tearful and us having visions of telling the poor old blind guy that we've trashed his beloved mutt!  :o

Fortunately another chap sees what's going off and stops her and brings her back to us.

Sheeesh!

It's a game of three halves!

Tom White

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2010, 09:50:54 pm »
Gold,

Getting a guide dog for the blind killed, although not nice, would've been funny in a sick kind of way.  Can you imagine breaking the news of that to the blind guy?  :'(

Well, we've had a brilliant day; I can't tell you what we got upto this afternoon; but it was fun!  ;)

Back to work tomorrow!

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2010, 09:58:56 pm »
Tosh... The chained to a desk working with people you hate is what I think when I'm having a bad day... Cheers me u no end

Gold... One of my new customers has an ex guide dog. Apparently he got sick of it, stopped doing his job and injured his owner.

All I'm getting off at the moment is a sunday....

Saturdays for me till I catch up with the round builder.
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

AuRavelling79

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2010, 08:16:15 am »
Gold,

Getting a guide dog for the blind killed, although not nice, would've been funny in a sick kind of way.  Can you imagine breaking the news of that to the blind guy?  :'(

Well, we've had a brilliant day; I can't tell you what we got upto this afternoon; but it was fun!  ;)

Back to work tomorrow!

1.   I thought of nothing else all yesterday evening!

2.   Afternoon delight Tosh?  ;D

3.   Just off out myself!
It's a game of three halves!

cozy

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2010, 08:22:48 am »
Taking a day off too. Just about cleared the winter losses. Back on track. Nice feeling to be the boss sometimes. :)

Tom White

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2010, 08:34:26 am »
I fancy another day off.   ;D

But I've got a new clean booked in followed by quoting for two other new cleans.  :'(

Dave Willis

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2010, 08:42:15 am »
Half a day today I think. Sod 'em all  ;D

Might wander out in a couple of hours for some slow motion cleaning. Loverly.