Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

would you pay a membership fee

no
76.9%
50 (76.9%)
yes
23.1%
15 (23.1%)

Total Members Voted: 52

daz1977

pay to join CIU
« on: April 22, 2010, 08:28:06 am »
would you pay to join CIU, say 5 per year, for this it was independent and u could say what u wanted with out the fear of getting banned, (except for personal attacks), as there seems to be the opnion that they are bowing down to advertisers by having certain threads deleted

your opnions please

Re: pay to join CIU
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 08:32:58 am »
I would pay for a professional members forum, but not for the drivel that gets put on here. 4 in 5 posts are pointless. It's like being in a playground with drunk kids.

Tom White

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 08:33:15 am »
Who says we will have to pay to join CIU?

daz1977

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 08:36:10 am »
no one tosh, i was just thinking that, with all the moaning about people getting banned and advertiser,  would it be better if it was member owned and was free to say what we wanted

Elginn

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2010, 08:38:22 am »
no one tosh, i was just thinking that, with all the moaning about people getting banned and advertiser,  would it be better if it was member owned and was free to say what we wanted
There are already forums out there were you can say what you want (within reason)

gary999

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2010, 09:06:14 am »
I would pay for a professional members forum, but not for the drivel that gets put on here. 4 in 5 posts are pointless. It's like being in a playground with drunk kids.

if you dont like what your reading...you know the answer ;D

or get your coat ;D ;D

still plenty of good info on here amongst the drivel when i started
in 2006 this forum amongst others was a great help especially at
putting through the idea of wfp.

i dont see much new info on here these days after three yrs of being
a member but it still serves a purpose for others.

i just come on here now for a nose and for a laugh at the more witty
posters.

if you want a professional members club...sorry i meant forum
why dont you start one,somewhere comfortable to sit where
you  can wear your smoking jacket cravat and sip brandy and smoke
cigars :D

G Griffin

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2010, 09:16:14 am »

All sing "The lunatics are taking over the asylum". 

Send your fiver to Barry Mallett. And he`s bringing back Stephen S as Mod.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2010, 12:45:28 pm »
I'm on a forum where one section is for paid members only,... its a very quiet section!

Ste M

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2010, 01:54:34 pm »
i would pay if the vetted people more carefully, people come on here but never post, why? cos all they do is find out info i:e prices and areas covered, and then they go out and undercut people, to many people are spying ::) ;)

JSMC

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2010, 01:59:24 pm »
i pay on a football forum but this os for running the server due top the large amount of fans. they also dont not allow adverts on the forum either.

to me this site is run for profit whereas the site i use isn't and money is donated to charity and stuff and also the running of server.

R W C™

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2010, 03:43:19 pm »
i would pay if the vetted people more carefully, people come on here but never post, why? cos all they do is find out info i:e prices and areas covered, and then they go out and undercut people, to many people are spying ::) ;)

Spot on, I know of 9 competitors of mine that use this forum, I know there log in names and can see when they come on but never post, that is why I use certain forums for certain questions  ;)

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2010, 04:07:01 pm »
Pay for it? On your bike! :o

cozy

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2010, 05:37:29 pm »

I'llgo with Stephen S as mod, I'd pay a fiver a year, just for that

paul rulton

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2010, 07:09:41 pm »
depends how much???? & some stupid rules would ave 2b dropped  ;D

Frankybadboy

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2010, 07:17:39 pm »

I'llgo with Stephen S as mod, I'd pay a fiver a year, just for that
coz i pass on your surport to the big guy ;)

Murdie window cleaning

« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2010, 07:31:13 pm »
i pay on a football forum but this os for running the server due top the large amount of fans. they also dont not allow adverts on the forum either.

to me this site is run for profit whereas the site i use isn't and money is donated to charity and stuff and also the running of server.

I'm guessing it is CM your on about. If so I didn't renew because I grudged paying again, and I would be against it here. Who would have access to the funds, would there be acounts published so all members knew where the money was or what it had been spent on.

Darranvps

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2010, 08:04:37 pm »

I agree. It would be better to charge a fee and then the quality of posts would rise.

Elginn

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2010, 08:56:38 pm »

I agree. It would be better to charge a fee and then the quality of posts would rise.
And membership would dwindle to nothing

G Griffin

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2010, 09:05:56 pm »
 Pay to join? I`ve already joined.
 What about `pay per post`?  Say a £1 for every post you make.                       
   That would be interesting.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Darranvps

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2010, 09:15:15 pm »
Pay to join? I`ve already joined.
 What about `pay per post`?  Say a £1 for every post you make.                       
   That would be interesting.
We would all be skint :o