This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Moderator David@stives

Re: ionics/ brodex complaint
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2010, 02:42:02 pm »
Gav

That is all I know. I don't know anymore than that.

Dave

« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2010, 03:21:43 pm »
Hi all

Sorry for the late reply to this - i have posted about the Ionics situation before this week but i'll give you all an idea again here.

This forum is all about freedom of speech - suppliers and all others we buy from all need to have certain standards - i deal with big companies who i think lack a lot of service and if thats the case, there is no harm in people discussing it and them addressing it.

The problem with one of the posts mentioned was the poster got the facts totally wrong and were talking about a problem that didnt exist, the company picked it up and addressed me and the member on it - the member revised their post and admitted they were wrong.

As regards Matt - he has made public comments so i will reply publicly. He has issues that he needs to address with the company directly but unfortunately has a crusade to just pick up on any post made about them on the forum and run with it as best he can to give them as much of a bad name as possible - thats not constructive. If you notice - the topics werent deleted - they are there for all to see and make up their own mind - they were locked simply as they had been reported and had started turning into mud slinging. The terms referred to such as 'the company is crap' etc etc isnt something we can have, if you have a point please raise it but in a way that isnt offensive. Matt is off for 30 days, what he fails to mention is he was warned about this type of posting around 3 weeks ago and chose to ignore it. He was warned, then simply suspended from posting to calm down. He even emailed me a few days later to confirm if he was still posting he would of replied again nagatively about another post and so it was probably a good thing!

I realise we have to get a balance and we are trying - people who have had problems on here will obviously give their side of the story, but its strange how if this forum is so bad, how they make so much effort to get back on it!
 As regards other posts on other companies, no other posts were reported to me, the mods havent drawn my attention to it and so i havent reacted - simple. Please feel free to voice your opinions - this is an independent forum, suppliers will advertise but i have made it clear to all that we will police the site but we wont disable freedom of speech. All i am asking is its kept factual, unoffensive language and not a personal crusade due to historic arguments.

Contrary to what some of you may believe - i do want this forum to stay unbiased, i do want members to network and help each other and we dont have hidden agenda's. If you are raising an issue with a supplier on here - then please ensure your profile is updated - please dont hide behind anonymity/a keyboard as the issue will be seen as mud slinging - atleast give the company
(if they are looking) the chance to contact you and sort it out - otherwise whats the point?

paul rulton

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2010, 03:39:12 pm »
fair enough  :)

Dave Willis

« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2010, 04:38:14 pm »
If I remember rightly Matt had someone who really disliked anything to do with DIY
DRWindows I think his name was - spent a small fortune (redundancy pay) on an Ionics system. Obviously two very different opinions wich resulted in the pair having a few spats on here, looks like DRWindows liked to press the 'report to moderator' button every time he got wound up. Resulting in Matt being sent to the sin bin.
Who's right and who's wrong?
Who cares  ::)

Darranvps

« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2010, 05:04:36 pm »
I think that all members should reveal their identities.
There are too many hiding behind their keyboards.

paul rulton

« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2010, 05:10:45 pm »
i think the names r just fun  ;D but it would help if people put where they r from  ::)
pain in the butt when ur tryin 2help but dont know the area they r in  :-\

Tom White

« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2010, 05:12:48 pm »

Many of us know each other in real life.  I must know about 30 members of this forum (at least) in real life.

But I don't like to have my details on public view, because I know what malicious things I could do with a little bit of information about people I maybe could possibly have a grudge against (I don't have, nor plan to have any grudges mind). 

So, for me, it's more about protecting myself than hiding.

« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2010, 06:06:02 pm »
just as a PS for those who missed my topic on Ionics earlier in the week -

one of their employees wrongly thought that because they advertise with us, they could register and post. It was merely a miscommunication and it was certainly not intentional by Ionics. I deleted all of the posts that employee made - so please be aware we are looking out for our members!

Ionics were totally understanding of this as well and actually requested the posts to be deleted before i said we would need to

Tom White

« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2010, 06:14:27 pm »
Personally, I think overt advertising is fine, it's the 'sneaky' advertising - and we've seen many attempts at it over the years - that we don't like; particularly when posters pretend to be innocent 'end users', but actually have some link to the company whose goods they're trying to advertise.  They always get caught out too.

So thanks for clearing that up, Jason.

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2010, 06:34:12 pm »

Problem is people don't want big brother knowing what they are up to.  After a hard days work they want to come on the forums for a little fun rather than work, and you can't blame them for not wanting everyone to know what they are doing.  I could see a lot of people leaving if they have to reveal real name, business name and location.

Peter

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2010, 06:41:01 pm »
Hi all

If you are raising an issue with a supplier on here - then please ensure your profile is updated - please dont hide behind anonymity/a keyboard as the issue will be seen as mud slinging - atleast give the company
(if they are looking) the chance to contact you and sort it out - otherwise whats the point?

This could be easily done with reactivating the PM function on the forum.

Peter

R W C™

« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2010, 06:46:51 pm »
Hi all

If you are raising an issue with a supplier on here - then please ensure your profile is updated - please dont hide behind anonymity/a keyboard as the issue will be seen as mud slinging - atleast give the company

This could be easily done with reactivating the PM function on the forum.

Peter

Think that will cause others to get grief from other members, I got a few peoples msn addresses

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2010, 06:51:22 pm »
anone know of any other forums, that are free speach and non profit making ?
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2010, 07:07:32 pm »
anone know of any other forums, that are free speach and non profit making ?

All forums will have rules that need to be followed just like this one.  Forum owners can be held partly responsible for slander racism etc.  Most of the busy forums will be run by companies such as Express Cleaning Supplies, as members have to be actively sought out, and this costs money.  And only if there is a benifit in the long run is anyone going to keep laying out money to recruit new members.

Peter