Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dmlservices

supalite brush -what next
« on: April 21, 2010, 01:34:47 pm »
hi
a week or 2 ago , i posted that i had just bought a new supalite double trim mono, as a replacement for my well worn, original supalite.

i stated that i did not like it, and prefered the original one , i was however going to give it time , to see if i could get used to it .

the result is the old  supalite brush is now back on the end of my pole,
just could not get on with it, to the extent it was costing me time.

the main things wrong with this brush- in my opinion,are:

brissels are excessifully splayed , which causes difficultly at both ends of brush, as when i scrub frames, these are dragging dirt from the brick on to frame,so have to spend more time rinsing,

the brissels them selves are a little  to stiff , good for scrubbing , but on certain windows the brush bounces about  all over the place, the stiffness also flicks water all over the place.

my original is entirley different, excellent on all windows , and glides effortlessly over glass,

i have always been a fan of gardiners, and there wfp gear, but in this instance i think they have over engineered a good brush , and made it worse.

so now i am on the hunt for a light , double trim brush, unless of coursethey start doing the original again.

daz

s.w.c

Re: supalite brush -what next
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 06:27:55 pm »
convert a 11" tucker

dmlservices

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 06:38:46 pm »
convert a 11" tucker

have thought of that , how do they compare to a supalite in terms of weight?

daz

s.w.c

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 07:19:12 pm »
im not sure ive got one still in its box but not got around to it yet its single trim my favorite.

dmlservices

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2010, 07:25:41 pm »
where did you buy from? and how much if you don't mind me asking.

daz

john tomkins

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2010, 07:35:32 pm »
I've been using the new dual trim mono for a few weeks now and love it, agree it's more splayed out but I find it covers the glass better.
Funny how opinions differ

dmlservices

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2010, 07:48:09 pm »
it is good on glass, as long as its plain, its when i scrub round frames the problem starts, hard not to contact brick work with outer brissels.

daz

s.w.c

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2010, 07:49:48 pm »
the tucker brush i brought from the states a couple of years ago, not sure if i have the link but you can get them here in uk but at a price,

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2010, 08:30:31 pm »
Tucker but aquafactors in the UK have their own brand cladding brush thats non scratch, a copy of the Tucker but a lot lighter, phone and ask.

dmlservices

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2010, 08:37:45 pm »
Tucker but aquafactors in the UK have their own brand cladding brush thats non scratch, a copy of the Tucker but a lot lighter, phone and ask.

cheers jeff ;)

daz

windowswashed

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2010, 09:12:36 pm »
I for one would like to see Gardinerpole systems bring back the older version SL Brushes that weren't improved with an overexaggerated bristle splay. The old brush worked brilliantly on Georgian windows so why improve it. Have the best of both worlds and sell both versions (old and new) for the moaning old gits like myself ;D

Mike 108

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2010, 10:52:16 pm »

brissels are excessifully splayed , which causes difficultly at both ends of brush, as when i scrub frames, these are dragging dirt from the brick on to frame,so have to spend more time rinsing,

daz

Try fitting 'fan' jets in place of the 'pencil' jets. With a 60 degree 'spread' these jets are continuously rinsing across the full width of the brush/bristles - so that any debris that is disturbed is immediately washed away.

I do agree that the 'double' trim does not 'scrub' as good as some other brushes - but once you have got the frames clean (I still use ladders on a 'first' clean, wherever possible) I don't think there is any better brush for regular, maintenance cleans.

Mike

AuRavelling79

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2010, 11:12:09 pm »
I too prefer the old white supalite I had with my SLX35 last year to the new black one on my SLX22. The old white one is far less effort on the glass, much better on Georgian and when I get a mo' this weekend I will replace my new black one with a salmon one I've got knocking about in the shed.
It's a game of three halves!

williamx

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2010, 11:10:15 am »
At Windex I ordered the new Ultralite Double Trim brush from Cleaning Technology Solutions, its price is £24.95 + vat.

It comes with 4 jets instead of the normal 2, I asked them to put fan jet in mine as I don't like pencil jets, this was done at no extra charge, other companies have charge me for this which I think is a rip off.

anyway I found out that the brush comes from Cleantech who seem to be working in hand with CTS, I spoke to mike to chase the order up and mike said that they have a new light weight brush coming out soon, which I will be ordering.

Anyway I have to new brush and this is what I think of it so far, the brush is about 2 to 3 inches wider than the superlite brush from gardiners (I have several).

The 4 jets are not really useful, I have a 100psi pump and I do like the water to come out a strong as possible with 4 jets I would need a 150psi pump.

I have now disconnected 2 of the jets and the water flow is now perfect.

The weight between the 2 brushes seems to be about the same, the brush work great on the glass, yesterday I had a house where every window was covered in bird crap, the brush removed all of this quite easily even though it was baked on the glass.

Overall the brush is very good at its job and I would recommend it to anyone.

dmlservices

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2010, 07:59:50 pm »
I for one would like to see Gardinerpole systems bring back the older version SL Brushes that weren't improved with an overexaggerated bristle splay. The old brush worked brilliantly on Georgian windows so why improve it. Have the best of both worlds and sell both versions (old and new) for the moaning old gits like myself ;D

i agree

daz

dmlservices

« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2010, 08:07:29 pm »
i gave the new brush another try today , but compared to my older one it is harder work covering glass and frames, my old supalite glides over frames and glass, not so with the new one,

mike,
have tried fan jets in other brushes , but can't get on with them, i also like the option to rinse brush off , on problem windows, and fans dont do that well in my opinion.

daz

neil100

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2010, 09:37:32 pm »
I have the superlite original and the mark 2 superlite. the superlite original is slightly better but not by much.

Its funny because I have an orginal flocked superlight dual trim brush which I put on different poles and I hated it.I found it way to soft, it had a super glide and feel and though its advertised weight was 10grams lighter then the momo filiment brushes in use the weight was more due to its ability to hold water. Plus having to hold it off the glass to rinse spoiled the dynamics of it.

It cut a folorn figure in my garage for a year as I did not want it on any of my poles. But in September last year I bought an 18' slx pole. But due to the way Gardiners had packeged my new dual mono superlite.I sent it back for a replacment. In my eagerness to use the 18'slx my flocked brush was brought back into use. It still remains on my 18' slx because its a superb mix with that pole.

Because the pole is so stiff any effort goes straight into the brush and not the pole.its a delight to use and I rinse off the glass with ease due to the stiffness of the pole. Sometimes the brush can be improved on the pole it sits upon.

Neil

s.w.c

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2010, 09:53:14 pm »
I too prefer the old white supalite I had with my SLX35 last year to the new black one on my SLX22. The old white one is far less effort on the glass, much better on Georgian and when I get a mo' this weekend I will replace my new black one with a salmon one I've got knocking about in the shed.

what this one

top brush in this pic is the old one the new type is under it

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2010, 10:13:25 pm »
I've got an almost unused Tucker, and I personally love the new superlight brushes.. if you wanna swap just send me an e-mail.

s.w.c

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2010, 10:51:15 pm »
what brush are you after then nat