Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Darranvps

Who makes the best WFP equipment
« on: April 21, 2010, 07:50:21 am »
For water purification systems who do you think makes the best and why?

For WFP poles who do you think makes the best and why?

Lets not slag off any of the manufacturers please, just comments on equipment you own and use. Perhaps you are happy with the product and after sales service, all comments appreciated.

Dave Willis

Re: Who makes the best WFP equipment
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 07:57:04 am »
Gardiners for poles.

daz1977

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 07:59:25 am »
for what i paid i am happy with what i got from wintecs (pump, reel, di vessels) and gardiners (xtel pole and brushes)  just got to get a flow control of dave morris lol and will be finished then

got a mate whos got pure freedom system says its great till winter and something cracked with the frost and couldnt get the part

Steve_c

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 09:17:27 am »
Ionic I have a pro6. The reason I think (and this is my opinion) is when I decided to choose my WFP set up Ionics seemed to me to be incredibly professional and told me what I could and could not do.  Yes I totally agree that they are very expensive but you get what you pay for.  On looking at other set ups from other manufacturers I just didn't think they did not come anywhere near what I was being offered by Ionics in water production with low TDS before resin.  I have had my system for 8 months and I am still making my water and 00.1.  I think that if you follow all their guidelines (i.e salt wash plus RO wash and hold your resin in brine and also protect from frost) you system will last you a long time.  The thing that swung it for me is the crash test, yes other systems are crash tested but that is not the system and the van it is the system alone (well that is my understanding of it).  Regards Steve

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2010, 09:33:44 am »
I.M.O.  :Crash testing is a marketing ploy as it means nothing. Many cars are crash tested and folk still die in them as circumstances are not always head on as in a crash test. Its gives one a false sense of security. Every road accident has its own set of circumstances’. What about a side swipe bay heave vehicle or even a car.

Darranvps

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2010, 09:37:21 am »
I had a pro 6 in Bulgaria, never had a problem in 2 years ;D

I have a thermopure pro 7 now.

I also use their carbon fibre poles E3 and E2, never had a problem.

Lee Pryor

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2010, 11:46:11 am »
our vans all have ionic delivery systems in and we have an ionic pro 6 static, again expensive yes but we have never had any of the problems im always reading about on here with pumps, batteries, purification, and so on. however i do think there poles are crap. I give my staff brodex hydra alloy poles, a great pole for staff at a good price, we use gardiners superlight brushes on these.
The best way to predict the future is to create it.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2010, 12:46:15 pm »
The very best?

A self build tailor made system made to a window cleaner's exact needs.

The very worst?

A self build tailor made system not made to a window cleaner's exact needs.
It's a game of three halves!

Darranvps

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2010, 12:53:17 pm »
Ok can you explain with the self build system, how do you build your own system (I know how to do it, I just want to know how you do it)  ::)
When building your own system, what features do you incorporate into the design.

And how do you make self build poles (I do know how, I just don't do it, yet ;D)

Thanks

AuRavelling79

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2010, 01:15:54 pm »
I choose a van based on the amount of water I need to carry.
I choose a tank size for the van I want.
I insulate it with polystyrene and ply.
I fit it (or get it fitted) securely.
I buy a pump and fit it to the ply.
I buy a battery and flow controller and fit them to the pump.
I buy a length of half inch hose to run from the pump to the reel.
I buy a reel and fit it to the top of the ply.
I make (from 4x2) a fold out hose guide to run the hose to any direction from the back of my van.
I buy 100m of microbore.
I buy a 35ft SLX from Gardiners and use the top 20ft for 90% of my work.

I buy an RO and connect it to my mains supply
I fit a resin chamber to the RO
I have a static tank of ample proportions.

I then go and clean windows.

As I see other needs I get a cheap pole and put a scraper on it.
etc; or get a backpack; or whatever.
It's a game of three halves!

clean

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2010, 01:16:14 pm »
for what i paid i am happy with what i got from wintecs (pump, reel, di vessels) and gardiners (xtel pole and brushes)  just got to get a flow control of dave morris lol and will be finished then

got a mate whos got pure freedom system says its great till winter and something cracked with the frost and couldnt get the part

Although Wintecs are good suppliers(use them my self) they are not manufacturers the post was titled "makes" i use shurflo,Brodex,Gardiners,merlin ro and streamline products and the odd no named things and build my own system

paul rulton

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2010, 01:32:41 pm »
B&Q  ;D ;D ;D

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2010, 04:21:57 pm »
I'd stick to Gardiners, but Malc is spot on. The best is one that suits you.
(as long as it's not Unger ;D)

Paul Golding

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2010, 10:22:12 pm »
gardiners for their sl2. amazing.
my system was bought from pure freedom and fitted by . . . me !!  ;D
tank usual with cage. bolted through to plates welded onto chasis.
pump, flow, hose has all lasted 4 years and still going.
Ro was the 300gpd. I do believe I've been lucky as I forget and leave it outside by the garage !! It's still lasted 4 years producing perfect water !!
My latest pole is the new brodex one. Very impressed with it.

Thing's i'd like . . Telescopic gardiners pole and pure freedom trolley after using one. Ideal for a few of my jobs.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2010, 11:01:42 pm »
I tend to pick and mix quite a bit myself.

I have a 36 ft powerpole from Omnipole - just for certain jobs (usually cladding) as it has some weight behing it.  Also, although it is a heavy beast, it can be Ok for highish windows on a windy day that carbon would struggle with.

My van mount (delivery unit with just resin) is one of theirs too.  I like the fact that they are made in a way that makes them easier to tinker with myself.  Also, I prefer the "return to tank" method rather than needing to mess around with electronic flow controllers and the fact that they use flojet pumps because they seem to outlast sureflo (just in my experience).
As for poles, I have quite got to like the Gardiner 25ft SLX since I had it refurbed and those allen key clamps were replaced.  It feels like a far superior pole since this was done.  I avoid gritting the inside of the pole by using the hose externally.  To achieve this without it regularly popping off the y piece, I bought some pole hose the next size up from the one supplied as I can push it onto the barbs further.  I do get a few more tangles but I prefer this to the alternative.  The tangles reduce with time as you get used to working that way.
I'm gradually switching to Gardiner lightweight brushes on all my poles (except Omnipole's offering because it's a different type of gooseneck).  I also have a couple of 18ft Ionics multipoles which will be getting Gardiner brushes when the original brushes have had their day.
As things have moved on in recent years (mainly due to Gardiner's offerings), I have been left with bits of poles etc that are very usable, far too good to throw away, yet wouldn't fetch much money if I sold them second hand.  So I just gradually use them up until they reach the end of their usable lives.
The RO on my static unit is a merlin.  The 300 gpd wasn't giving enough water at the low pressure.  I couldn't trust a pumped system because it let me down once and the tank overflowed on someone else's property (I believe the cut out switch had dirt or scale in it).  So I needed more production without the need for a pump and without costing the earth.  A merlin ticked the right boxes.

Darranvps

« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2010, 06:11:24 am »
I choose a van based on the amount of water I need to carry.
I choose a tank size for the van I want.
I insulate it with polystyrene and ply.
I fit it (or get it fitted) securely.
I buy a pump and fit it to the ply.
I buy a battery and flow controller and fit them to the pump.
I buy a length of half inch hose to run from the pump to the reel.
I buy a reel and fit it to the top of the ply.
I make (from 4x2) a fold out hose guide to run the hose to any direction from the back of my van.
I buy 100m of microbore.
I buy a 35ft SLX from Gardiners and use the top 20ft for 90% of my work.

I buy an RO and connect it to my mains supply
I fit a resin chamber to the RO
I have a static tank of ample proportions.

I then go and clean windows.

As I see other needs I get a cheap pole and put a scraper on it.
etc; or get a backpack; or whatever.

Sounds like a plan ;D ;D ;D

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2010, 06:32:55 am »
Self build all the way for the last 7 years.

Shurflo pumps always.
Various RO's but am now V. happy with a 450 gpd Pure Freedom unit in my shed, with two 1000 litre IBCs in the garden.
For poles I used Tucker for years, light repairable etc.

But have seen the light and now use Carbon Fibre fish poles. Zensorflex Ron thomson for low level stuff, and a 45ft MAP pole for taller work, which can be adapted to 60ft for my tallest work. Both beautifully adapted by me.
Thanks to Jeff

Both with Gardiner Superlite brush heads.
It all works very well and a number of customers have had a good look at my system and been impressed.  ;D ;)

Darranvps

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2010, 06:46:29 am »

Shurflo pumps always.
Various RO's but am now V. happy with a 450 gpd Pure Freedom unit in my shed, with two 1000 litre IBCs in the garden.

But have seen the light and now use Carbon Fibre fish poles. Zensorflex Ron thomson for low level stuff, and a 45ft MAP pole for taller work, which can be adapted to 60ft for my tallest work. Both beautifully adapted by me.
Thanks to Jeff

It all works very well and a number of customers have had a good look at my system and been impressed.  ;D ;)

But have they had anything to compare with ;D ;D ;D

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2010, 06:50:53 am »

Shurflo pumps always.

Thanks to Jeff

Do you really, honestly think they would give a monkeys? You're a window cleaner, the quality of work, your price and your reliability are the main criteria that people are concerned with.

Darranvps

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2010, 06:56:19 am »

Shurflo pumps always.

Thanks to Jeff

Do you really, honestly think they would give a monkeys? You're a window cleaner, the quality of work, your price and your reliability are the main criteria that people are concerned with.

No not realyy but it has given you something to write about :P