This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

simon knight

Difference between a job and a business is:
« on: April 16, 2010, 02:48:37 pm »

I need to earn X amount to pay bills and have a bit left over for the nicer things like restaurants, holidays, new car etc.

I work to get X and once X is achieved I stop work. I have a job!

The businessman needs to do all of above but once he's achieved X he doesn't stop work (like me) and he'll carry on until his working day is over...4pm, 5pm (or whatever) and gets X plus for his extra effort!

Am I on the right track here or missing something?

Llaaww

Re: Difference between a job and a business is:
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 04:02:10 pm »
J    ust
O   ver
B   roke

with a business you have the opportinity to trade more and earn more.

if it is dirty it is fair game

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 08:37:07 pm »
If you run a business and work for yourself in that business then you pay yourself a wage from that business. IMO you need to turn over (at least) twice as much as  what you pay yourself. If you employ people in your business they need to turn over 3-4 times the amount they recieve in their wages.

A job is when you work for someone else. Anyone who is selfemployed runs a business, some better than others.

Ryan @ Transparent, Carlisle

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2010, 08:52:35 pm »
you care more about the quality of work, when running a business. as opposed to having a job  ;D

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2010, 03:21:37 am »
I think Simon has got it rite. Spot on.  Good definition of a business and self employed.

karygate

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2010, 06:16:38 am »
self employed is not always about making as much as you can. mine is seeing people coming out of warehouses etc on sat and sun afternoons,always moaning about something and never just taking a break when they need one. god i am glad i am out of the rat race.
gary