Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ryan @ Transparent, Carlisle

phone call from leaflet posted in August
« on: April 15, 2010, 10:22:03 pm »
just had a phone call from an address which i posted a flyer through in AUGUST  :o

Sapphire Window Cleaning

Re: phone call from leaflet posted in August
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 10:24:10 pm »
I have just cleaned the gutters from someone I had delivered a leaflet to in September. some people just hold on to leaflets

;D ;D ;D

Matt
Reaching parts traditional window cleaners can not reach.

daz1977

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 10:28:31 pm »
i recently had a guy put out 1500 leaflets and got about 150 worth of work, since last wednesday,  and got a phone call of a bloke who i flyered last year around may i think, as the flyer was a different design, wanting his done,   liek matt says people put leaflets away and then find them and go  oh i was meant to phone that and then do it

Paul Coleman

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2010, 06:24:00 am »
I think my record was getting a job something like three years after the leaflets went out.  Some people do hang on to them in case they get let down.  In that particular case the guy smashed a flower pot and didn't own up.  Also, the customer was unhappy with the woirk for a while and the pot was the final straw.  I've broken the odd one myself but I do admit it and make restitution if required..

stfc

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2010, 06:39:14 am »
think was last year,she said she had my card from years ago,her wc give up,and the card turned out to be 6 years old

Jack Wallace

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2010, 07:49:38 am »
I think my record was getting a job something like three years after the leaflets went out.  Some people do hang on to them in case they get let down.  In that particular case the guy smashed a flower pot and didn't own up.  Also, the customer was unhappy with the woirk for a while and the pot was the final straw.  I've broken the odd one myself but I do admit it and make restitution if required..
I once spent a whole evening gluing a gnome back together, Customer just laughed when I presented it back to him.

R W C™

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2010, 03:09:34 pm »
I quoted a job the other day for fascias, soffits con roof and regular windows, I dropped the leaflets in this area in Aug 2008. I know 3 of us quoted on this job, Custy rung me up Tuesday night to say she wanted me to do it but I wasnt the cheapest  ;)

paul rulton

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2010, 03:50:35 pm »
the longest its ever been 4 me from quote 2 clean is 6months  ::)
& yes i did pit the price up  ;D

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2010, 04:19:44 pm »
I remember droping leaflets is Feb in the cold and my hands were frozen. I just got 2 jobs I have finished Grossed me 600 quid domestics I may add.Life has been good to me.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2010, 06:12:30 pm »
I once spent a whole evening gluing a gnome back together, Customer just laughed when I presented it back to him.

I once knew a bricklayer who knocked the nose off one of a pair of large ornamental lions heads at the entrance of a large grand house.  Fortunately it was the piece that could have it's weight supported by a bit that was jutting out underneath so he actually stuck it on with a bit of sand and cement and when it had dried a bit he sprinkled some dirt over it to make it look weathered like the rest of the head.
The joke was that it was the only pug nosed lion in Sussex.  A pretty reasonable joke I guess but the incident did actually happen.

formb

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2010, 06:23:36 pm »
It makes sense really...

Woman receives flyer straight after cleaning her windows.

She thinks "cleaning windows is a chuffing pain in the chuff, I'll keep this flyer and phone him when they are mucky again".

October comes, clocks change.

She works 9 - 5.

When she leaves for work: Dark.

When she comes home from work: Dark.

April comes, clocks change.

Woman comes home from work: Light

She thinks "chuffing chuff my windows are mucky, now where did I put that flyer......................"

R W C™

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2010, 06:25:01 pm »
Chuffing chuff, lol that made me chuckle...

How you do that logo to website on your page....

formb

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2010, 06:27:10 pm »
Have you heard of BBCode?

R W C™

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2010, 06:28:00 pm »

I see that in profile, ill google..

formb

« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2010, 06:32:39 pm »

I see that in profile, ill google..

Its easy enough.

This is the code for mine (minus spaces)

Click image to view website