Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

paul rulton

Re: Imagine this behind your bulkhead...
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 09:03:49 pm »
like the look of the van on the outside  ;D just needs 2keep the doors shut  ;D

AuRavelling79

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 09:08:11 pm »
Oh Lordy! There's a guy round my way with a tank like that in his Vivaro and he's got the cheek to put Ionics and BWCA logo's on his van! ::)
It's a game of three halves!

Ste M

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2010, 09:11:30 pm »
no way in a million years would i use that van, it wont be secure in any way whatsover, not just that i bet the set up leaks everywhere, it looks like some 2 year old has put it together. Find out where he lives and go canvass his area cos i bet he does a crap job ;D

paul rulton

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2010, 09:14:17 pm »
no way in a million years would i use that van, it wont be secure in any way whatsover, not just that i bet the set up leaks everywhere, it looks like some 2 year old has put it together. Find out where he lives and go canvass his area cos i bet he does a crap job ;D
:o dont u hold back Ste will ya  ;D ;D

Ste M

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2010, 09:17:30 pm »
its idiots like this that cost 'proper' wfp people work, i recently canvassed an estate and they all hate wfp, simple reason was that the muppets that went round there never new how to use it, they left windows rotten, never cleaned frames and they poured the water through all of the vents. im sick of cowboys costing 'real' wc's work >:(

rant over, well for now anyway ;D

JSMC

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2010, 09:30:11 pm »
its idiots like this that cost 'proper' wfp people work, i recently canvassed an estate and they all hate wfp, simple reason was that the muppets that went round there never new how to use it, they left windows rotten, never cleaned frames and they poured the water through all of the vents. im sick of cowboys costing 'real' wc's work >:(

yip giving us a ba dname i agree. i picked up a job yesterday which the guy looks like he wants done trad. i am gonna do 1st clean wfp for free and ask him to call me about the results. he is a friend of he rfamily and a good guy with a decent business which could open doors for me

idealrob

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2010, 09:30:51 pm »
But on this forum people still moan about Ionics system, but at least they dont look like this, or would kill you like this one,  but its upto relevant authorities to clamp down on on this, saw a genuinly beauitiful metalic silver VW Transporter, looked great outside, till it had the same sort of look inside.

idealrob

Central Window Cleaners

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2010, 09:31:21 pm »
That logo is copywrited as well as I was asked to take it off my website earlier this year

Lee GLS

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2010, 09:32:45 pm »

Why would he do a crap job just because his setup doesnt look professionally installed?  I know a few window cleaners that have fitted systmes their selves, may not look very good from the inside, but they do a good job.

Again, why would he be a cowboy just because his van doesnt meet your standards?

Ste M

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2010, 09:38:49 pm »

Why would he do a crap job just because his setup doesnt look professionally installed?  I know a few window cleaners that have fitted systmes their selves, may not look very good from the inside, but they do a good job.

why? cos i have a opinion, an in 'my opinion' i think he wont be any good, if you take pride in your job then you would also take pride in your van set up, mine is a diy set up and i can assure you it looks sod all like this thing.

Again, why would he be a cowboy just because his van doesnt meet your standards?

how do you know his standards are so great? or is it you selling it? sorry if ive offended you here but its all in my opinion

Lee GLS

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2010, 09:42:12 pm »

why? cos i have a opinion, an in 'my opinion' i think he wont be any good, if you take pride in your job then you would also take pride in your van set up, mine is a diy set up and i can assure you it looks sod all like this thing.

how do you know his standards are so great? or is it you selling it? sorry if ive offended you here but its all in my opinion

its not me selling nor do i know who is, but why diss someones work just because their van setup isnt too pretty?

Ste M

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2010, 09:46:06 pm »
its not that its not very pretty, its also because its downright dangerous, i bet it isnt far of its payload as well as having 1 ton of water swashing round in the back waiting to go through the drivers seat in the event of a crash.

how would you feel if someone you know bought this van thinking it was ok, then 5 minutes down the road they crashed inot something and had 1 ton of water sqaushing them to the dashboard?

they could be the best cleaners in the world, the thing is they could also be driving one of the biggest death traps as well

Lee GLS

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2010, 09:49:06 pm »
its not that its not very pretty, its also because its downright dangerous, i bet it isnt far of its payload as well as having 1 ton of water swashing round in the back waiting to go through the drivers seat in the event of a crash.

how would you feel if someone you know bought this van thinking it was ok, then 5 minutes down the road they crashed inot something and had 1 ton of water sqaushing them to the dashboard?

they could be the best cleaners in the world, the thing is they could also be driving one of the biggest death traps as well

i wasnt saying that it was safe, i was talking about the work that he does that you have no knowledge of.

Ste M

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2010, 09:50:15 pm »

i wasnt saying that it was safe, i was talking about the work that he does that you have no knowledge of.

that was just me goin on a bit of a rant, nowt wrong with that  ;D we all get carried away at times ;D

matt

« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2010, 10:33:41 pm »

exactly

oh look he doesnt have a professionally installed system, he must be a cowboy

the facts are, he could be using a old beer towel and using a ladder made of some 3 X 2 " timber and still be getting clean windows ( just as clean as a professional system infact )

it might not be safe, but i guess the owner knows the score, when he sells it, most would look at the system and think, i might make that safer by doing this and that ( its not rocket science )

i await the " i bet they didnt go to window cleaning school either " and " my system was crash tested in a completly different van, but hey its still crash tested " and " my system means i get commercail contracts all over the world and they even fly me first class " and , oh i cannot be bothered to continue doen the route

suds window service

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2010, 10:46:24 pm »
seen this van around can not comment on the job they do though never met them.

Pj

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2010, 10:46:47 pm »
Leave the guy alone!  If you don't want his van and kit - fine - why knock it?  Whoever buys it will fix it up for purpose.  He probably did well with it and now wants to get better kitted.  We're not all living in the "breadbasket" of Britain to be able to scoff at those beneath us don't you know.  Someone else will now benefit from a startup kit.

We're only window cleaners!

matt

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2010, 11:07:19 pm »

We're only window cleaners!

Oooooooooohhhh they will love that  ;D ;D ;D

if you add " and its only glorified begging " that will have steam coming out of the ears

mci services

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2010, 11:50:12 pm »
lol apart from the tank i see nothing wrong with that set up and if used correctly it will good for cleaning windows simple. yes a few ratchet straps would help or a frame but it wont effect the cleaning of windows, only the owners safety