This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Roy Harding

Lead stain
« on: April 15, 2010, 03:21:32 pm »
I did a new job today and they have new double glazed windows with lead on, on 2 of the windows the lead has stained the glass in long runs. Is there anything that can remove this?

Roy

C.C.W.C

Re: Lead stain
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 03:27:20 pm »
we found this on a house we done recently it only had lead half way down the window and had stained the rest in long streaks and some of it had even got inbetween the panes ??? ???

paul rulton

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 04:18:56 pm »
never tried it myself........ but would tfr do it? seems 2work on most things  ;D
so many say on here ???  ;D

britishwill

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2010, 04:41:46 pm »
MDR  Mineral deposit remover works for me but it is not a quick job so may be tell the client I will do one window and see how long it takes and they she can dec ide if she wants the rest doing. The only thing is they may come back after a period of time.

dan hughes

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2010, 08:32:30 pm »
slow work,

price heavy.

C.C.W.C

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2010, 09:58:30 pm »
cheers ill have a look into it  ;D

Roy Harding

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2010, 08:20:22 am »
MDR  Mineral deposit remover works for me but it is not a quick job so may be tell the client I will do one window and see how long it takes and they she can dec ide if she wants the rest doing. The only thing is they may come back after a period of time.

I will give it ago thanks.

Roy

cleewindows

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2010, 10:52:30 am »
theres some stuff in a white tub with blue writting from b and q you can use directly on gl;ass and pvc and is non caustic simillar to tfr.will be near the pressure washers,will work a treat!
have a go m8 its very cheap too,you can use it on anything!

Roy Harding

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2010, 01:21:21 pm »
theres some stuff in a white tub with blue writting from b and q you can use directly on gl;ass and pvc and is non caustic simillar to tfr.will be near the pressure washers,will work a treat!

Thanks

dmlservices

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2010, 09:40:34 pm »
hi
used to come across this regular when i was trad, it only happens on new leaded windows, the lead needs time to weather, used to spend ages getting it of , only for it to re appear after rain.
after a few cleans it went away , so i used to tell custys with new leads that the lead will stain ,but after a few cleans it would stop,
had it again once since ive gone wfp, and i have found a good scrub with ciff works well , but you have to rinse well,
the staining will come back, although not as bad , and will dissapear with further cleans

daz

cleewindows

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2010, 01:50:39 pm »
its called xtreme clean m8

Thanks