Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

giovanni

FAN JETS
« on: April 09, 2010, 09:01:04 pm »
anybody used fan jet brushes

Richard 01903

Re: FAN JETS
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 10:21:23 pm »
just got second hand brush with fan jets works realy well but uses more water I think.
You cant change the PAST But you can influence the FUTURE

Smudger

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 10:24:25 pm »
Have read up on these on other forums,  some people like them, but a lot did not and there seemed to be issues with the rinsing of the windows   so sticking to jets at the mo.

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

tomy jackson

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 10:29:47 pm »
look good but rubish  :-X :-X :-X

AuRavelling79

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010, 10:51:15 pm »
I use them. If I want pencils I just turn the flow down.
It's a game of three halves!

Count Phil

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2010, 12:15:06 pm »
You need a high flow rate to get a good fan. So it uses more. Also less accurate if you need to avoid the top of a frame or something, but they have their uses.

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2010, 01:35:43 pm »
You need a high flow rate to get a good fan. So it uses more. Also less accurate if you need to avoid the top of a frame or something, but they have their uses.

Fan jets don't use more water, you just have the brush on the glass for less time. 

Every window regardless of the amount of dirt on it needs a certain amount of water to get a good finish.  Now you have two choices.  First choice less water, which results in longer on the glass. Second choice, more water shorter time on the glass. 

A fan jet with the pump on full power shouldn't use any more water than a pencil jet with the pump on full power, but for a fan jet to be effective the power on the pump has to be turned up.  Not a problem I should think because you simply can work faster.

Now it is a different storey for people who want to lift the brush off the glass to rinse separately, they may or may not use more or less water with a fan or pencil jet, this is not covered in the above as in my opinion it is a complete and utter wast of time, and water.

Peter

AuRavelling79

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2010, 01:37:57 pm »
What Peter said!

Malc Gold of the "Started with one of Peter's trolleys and a fanjet salmon brush" class. (Then I went pencil and then back to fan again.)
It's a game of three halves!

Richard 01903

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2010, 02:57:44 pm »

Fan jets don't use more water, you just have the brush on the glass for less time. 

Every window regardless of the amount of dirt on it needs a certain amount of water to get a good finish.  Now you have two choices.  First choice less water, which results in longer on the glass. Second choice, more water shorter time on the glass.  I thought you had to rise all the time???

A fan jet with the pump on full power shouldn't use any more water than a pencil jet with the pump on full power, but for a fan jet to be effective the power on the pump has to be turned up.  Not a problem I should think because you simply can work faster.

Now it is a different storey for people who want to lift the brush off the glass to rinse separately, they may or may not use more or less water with a fan or pencil jet, this is not covered in the above as in my opinion it is a complete and utter wast of time, and water.

Peter

Richard 01903

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2010, 02:58:34 pm »
I thought you had to rise all the time????

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2010, 03:56:13 pm »
I thought you had to rise all the time????

You are rinsing while your brush is travelling over the glass, you shouldn't need to lift your brush off the glass to rinse though.  That's hard work, and the harder it is the higher you go.

It is handy rinsing off the glass though if your on one of them jobs that is well over priced and you want to spend longer than you need, or if your wife is in a nagging mood and you are in no rush to get home. Or even if you want to build up the muscles in your arms.

As far as accuracy goes when comparing fan with pencil jets, if you keep the brush on the glass then you can forget about accuracy with fan jets, wherever the brush goes the water goes.  If the brush travels along the top of the glass that is where the water goes.  If the brush travels down the side of the frame then that is where the water goes. No need to lift the brush off the frame and aim the water in to get to the edge of the frame.

Peter

Smudger

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2010, 11:07:04 pm »
Peter,

Logic tells me that fan jets should rinse better than pencil jets due to the coverage and even spray, i have quite a fast flow rate as i feel this gives a better result but with pencils i can get quite a lot of water 'bounce'  i lift off when rinsing as that was the way i was shown.

how long have you used fan jets ?  -  are they effective for really heavy 1st cleans ?  heavy dirt, spiders web/nests and leaf build ups?

or best for 2nd clean onwards

cheers

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

LWC

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2010, 11:14:45 pm »
Fan jets are messy when rinsing. Look great, and even sound great on window lol. Suppose if you dont rinse off glass shouldnt be a problem.

jouk45

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2010, 12:44:04 am »
i was fan jets for a few years, then i changed over to pencil jets , i will never go back to fans again, pencil is very accurate, saves on water, 

Smudger

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2010, 09:05:54 am »
when you say messy do you mean that when rinsing it does the frames as well or half the surrounding house?

Darran

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2010, 09:08:55 am »
I always got wet feet from fan jets,.. I'll never go back.

stevieg

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2010, 09:39:38 am »
Fan jets leave very small droplets of water on the glass compared with pencil.This results in the water having to evaporate off rather than running off.As most know the best results are obtained when the windows are left as dry as possible!! So reach your own conclusions!!!

Slash

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2010, 09:43:01 am »
I always used fan jets and tried the pencil ones last week,I found that it took ages to rinse a window that beads up,they are very accurate but they are not for me,they are useless on certain windows and use alot more water than fan jets,they are only good on windows that sheet but I will never use them again as I will stick to fan jets as I've always done.
Like Peter said you don't need to lift off the window when rinseing,well not on regular cleans but I do on first cleans maybe a few inches off and as for water going everywhere it is down to the control of the opetator but all in all I think they are far more superior than pencil jets on both style of windows and use far less water on the same flow rate ;)

Smudger

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2010, 10:03:53 am »
Slash - cheers for that,

it's the windows that bead that i am concerned with, i do lots of places with big picture windows 5 to 8 feet across and these usually bead and take a long time to rinse (sometimes i feel like getting the squeegee out!)

i do like to get a curtain of water going

maybe it's like most things you get used to and good with what you have to hand rather than this works better than that

Darran

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2010, 03:41:11 pm »
Peter,

how long have you used fan jets ?  -  are they effective for really heavy 1st cleans ?  heavy dirt, spiders web/nests and leaf build ups?

or best for 2nd clean onwards

cheers

Darran

It must be around 10 years ago I started using them, but don't really clean windows anymore as I sell equipment now instead.  And yes they are ideal for the above, and not just on regular cleaned stuff.

Peter