This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dave Willis

Everyone locking up
« on: April 09, 2010, 07:06:00 pm »
Been loads of break-ins lately in my area so loads of my custys have started locking up their gates - and forgotten to tell me  ::)
I think my reproductive organs are still attached to someone's fence.

prestige cleaners

Re: Everyone locking up
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 09:21:32 pm »
me too?

thinking of designing a step ladder with rungs both sides, and higher than normal so i will never have to ring a custie ever again, unless of course the dreaded garage access! no im not in for another 2 weeks can you come on a saturday?  ::)

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 09:39:06 pm »
The multi purpose ladders have rungs both sides. They are not tall enough though.
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

Tom White

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 10:23:23 pm »
me too?

thinking of designing a step ladder with rungs both sides, and higher than normal so i will never have to ring a custie ever again, unless of course the dreaded garage access! no im not in for another 2 weeks can you come on a saturday?  ::)

Mogsy, you do know the 'splitting your ladders' trick?  You can split your ladders into two, place one against a wall by the gate or fence, climb up, and put your other ladder on the other side of the gate of fence against a wall, and just step across.

It doesn't work in all situations though.

I ask for keys and not one customer has ever refused me.  Some keys I keep, some I hide on the customer's property somewhere.  And one customer has put on a combination padlock which I have been given the code.  For electric gates for one customer, they've also given me the code.

I will rarely climb over a gate.

prestige cleaners

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010, 10:35:14 pm »
yeah will try that thanks tosher! well not the ladders,  to much bother putting them on and off. i normally carry a 2 step ladder, which is ok,

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2010, 06:51:32 am »
i have the odd code for electric gates but i have one who point blank refuses and ive been cleaning his windows for 16 years! ::) ::)

im sure he thinks im a bit "dodgy" even though im professional in my work and always polite and friendly towards him.

i do phone/text the night before on a few.

ive never thought of getting extra keys for locked gated before.you still got to climb over to reach the lock to unlock it though!! ::) ;D ;D.

im thinking they will be a pain when im wfp havin to get the ladders off for the odd one as well as the flat roofs!
price higher/work harder!

Tom White

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2010, 07:23:40 am »
Daz, I had to drop a lot of work, stuff with garages where I'd have to go over the roof to access the rear, because I wanted to minimise my ladder use (more from laziness and speed, rather than safety though).

trevor povey

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2010, 07:33:40 am »
 I personally can,t understand why customers don,t have all gates padlocked..this would throw a spanner in the works..for set ups that are cleaning 70 plus houses per day..just imagine each customer passing on a key to you ...the amount of keys you would have  for a weeks work ;D ;D

dazmond

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2010, 08:56:00 am »
its not just locked gates though is it!!

have you noticed over the last few years the sheer amount of junk people have in gardens.down the side of their houses?some have 4 bins each now.pots/plants/hammocks(comes in handy in summer for a 5 min break!)not to mention dog crap and garden furniture!!

i can see all this slowing me down with a hose. ::) ::) ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

geefree

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2010, 03:52:40 pm »
The locked gate situation will get worse... but for now, if they dont leave them open after a call or text... they get dropped....

and have you noticed a fair amount of new customers ask for a quote...and say they will have to be in as the gate is locked?

That tells me they have been dropped by the previous w/c...due to that reason.