This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

daz1977

dirty upvc
« on: April 08, 2010, 09:00:58 pm »
been doing a house now about 9 months and had no complaints,  the prob i have is the upvc never looks clean to me,  i wash it every month and leave no dirt on it,   but it never looks clean,  its like a dull white,  any tips on how to bring it good, i am wfp

formb

Re: dirty upvc
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 09:03:37 pm »
Is it all dull or is it the mastick/glue?

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 09:08:27 pm »
Unless the customer is willing to pay for this mate i would leave it as it is. They are a dull white colour because they havent been cleaned in a long time.

Options are

to tfr the frames, scrub & alot of rinsing (tap water best - then polish off with pure)

or get up the ladders and scrub with something like doKtor power (JML product hat works a treat on upvc )

Either of the above may bring it up nice and white or not (depends on how bad they are really)
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

daz1977

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 09:10:38 pm »
they wasnt cleaned for years,  i just thought if it was easy might try it on this house, so i got it for future reference

the upvc is dull, like a off white

formb

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, 09:13:09 pm »
they wasnt cleaned for years,  i just thought if it was easy might try it on this house, so i got it for future reference

the upvc is dull, like a off white

There are chemicals you can buy. But they are properly unpleasant.

http://www.directa.co.uk/site/scripts/product_browse.php?product_id=16900&category_id=889

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2010, 09:13:58 pm »
Leave it alone daz... your not talking an extra 10 min job. If the customer asks, then i'd price a job like that on an hourly basis. The colour might be past the saving part
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

Frank pole

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2010, 09:26:01 pm »

T-Cut -all day! Nothing better!

lovewindows

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2010, 11:13:24 pm »
Just done inside a conservatory, not a massive one but took me 5 hrs, nicotine stains , came up really well and custy dead chuffed, used soap powder and a sponge followed by baby wipes , hard work but paid work. if you want to clean them up you gotta charge.
dont look who's to blame, look how to fix it. anon

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2010, 05:32:52 am »
Daz if you have been doing the windows for a long time then i would clean one sill and frame right next to the front door and point it out to the customer that with a full clean the rest of the house would come up the same...BUT AT A PRICE.
But only do this if you think the customer will go with your suggestion....and dont do as suggested and use t-cut it is way to harsh on the manufacturers finish.
And charge well for the job  ;)