Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

lcwalker

Just a thought with rising fuel costs.
« on: April 08, 2010, 09:33:07 am »
I was reading the paper yesterday and they say that the rising cost of road fuel is on average costing a family an extra £20 a month, do you think w/c could be one of the first things a family could decide to do without to compensate for the extra £20 needed a month.
Just a thought, i dont really belive we are needed domestically as much as we think because theres alot of houses who dont have window cleaners, your thoughts.

formb

Re: Just a thought with rising fuel costs.
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 12:57:42 pm »
I have been having similar concerns recently, but here is a promising fact:

I started putting my prices up this week, an average 10% increase (first in 3 years).

Normally I would expect to lose 10% of my customers. This is what has happened in the past.

I have now put up around 20 - 25% of my customers and I have lost....

Zilch.

Zero.

Nada.

In fact since Monday I have gained 13 customers.

Recession?

What Recession?

Smudger

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 01:11:24 pm »
perhaps people now have to stay at home more .....

and can see how dirty the windows are !  :P

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

cleewindows

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 02:38:45 pm »
according to the goverment,the strongest sector showing the biggest of recovery is the service sector.
 My business is booming,even having to turn a job away as im busy,it was a bit of a bad job,so hey ho.

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, 03:52:15 pm »
according to the goverment,the strongest sector showing the biggest of recovery is the service sector.
 My business is booming,even having to turn a job away as im busy,it was a bit of a bad job,so hey ho.

the whole countrys one big service sector theres no industry left nobodys making anything the country distroyed itself and yes  lcwalker the first place people cut back is always windowcleaning wheelbin cleaning ect thats the way of it im afraid

paul rulton

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2010, 04:11:57 pm »
my round has never been hit by anything like recession  ;D  just lucky i guess  ::)

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2010, 04:19:22 pm »
I think we are or near the bottom of the food chain. But each person has different priority when it comes to this sort of thing. So feel the pinch some not at all. Some will window cleaned because her mother brought them up that way, some still have good income. I don’t think you can put in a nut shell. Its too diverse a subject.
May be is like running up a hill its just needs more afford than on the flat ground.
I remember many years ago my Bank manager as me how come I done so will in that recession I was very young and did not know what recession even was. My answer was I did not know I was expected to do badly.
I never spend to much time on why times are not healthy, but more on the ways past these economic times. Your clients feel this in you.

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2010, 04:20:38 pm »
No such thing as luck its established through hard work at the right time.