This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ian1965

Should i sell myself more?
« on: April 07, 2010, 08:44:51 pm »
While out door knocking a gentleman said just had my windows done -ok i said what system trad or water fed - water fed he replys thing is his window sills are filthy, bird poo on frames etc Should i sell myself more by saying i can do a better job? I dont want to nick other window cleaners work but it was a joke.

Gav Camm lammy 283

Re: Should i sell myself more?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 08:46:00 pm »
get in there laddie  ;D ;D ;D
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 08:49:45 pm »
if the window sills are filthy and bird muck on the frames he s obviously a crap window cleaner regardless of the method used!dont blame it on wfp!

he would probably be just as crap if he was trad!he s not doing a proper job so go for it matey!!

regards

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

paul rulton

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 08:59:04 pm »
if the window sills are filthy and bird muck on the frames he s obviously a crap window cleaner regardless of the method used!dont blame it on wfp!

he would probably be just as crap if he was trad!he s not doing a proper job so go for it matey!!

regards

dazmond
SPOT ON! dasmond  ;)

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010, 09:08:31 pm »
no one ov yrs hitster i take it lol ;) ;) ;) ;) :P

daz1977

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2010, 09:11:30 pm »
i would of offered to demo ur system on one of his windows, to show the difference,  u aint stealing custy if they come to you

i only view stealing custy as complete undercutting them to get the job, or pretending that you have taken over the round when out knocking

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2010, 09:14:35 pm »
ow much is it to be hostd on window washers site daz

daz1977

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2010, 09:40:15 pm »
£50   i have to get my page changed over, just always forget to phone ian

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2010, 10:02:02 pm »
thanks il try ian me self  ;D ;D

Ste M

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2010, 12:37:04 am »
i came home the other day and the cleaner in the next road was cleaning the windows, i stood and watched him so called clean, he got up the ladder and used an old rag (not a scrim, i know the difference) that i would use for sills, he then went on to basically rub this all over the window making out he was cleaning it, he then missed another window and moved on to the next house to do the same again,

he had a b-o-b on but never once used it, nor did he have a bucket of water with him. This fella cleans my sister in laws but they dont want to get rid of him cos he is old and nice, i told them i had seen him cleaning and he missed most windows as well as not cleaning them properly yet there not bothered. I just dont get some people. no way would i put up with that service.

What does annoy me is its cleaners like this that get wc's bad reputations and makes getting work harder as no-one trusts a cleaner after seeing these muppets

Platinum

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2010, 02:23:32 am »
While out door knocking a gentleman said just had my windows done -ok i said what system trad or water fed - water fed he replys thing is his window sills are filthy, bird poo on frames etc Should i sell myself more by saying i can do a better job? I dont want to nick other window cleaners work but it was a joke.

I would go for it. They are competition but you can win there customers from them if you provide a better service. Tesco doesnt stop themselves from marketing to asda customers so why not with our business?

Thats why i dont get people canvassing and when being told that they have a window cleaner they say oK and move on. I dont care if they have a wc i try and sell them my service and then its their choice... Other wcs do it to me so why should i tip toe around others work when they try to pinch mine?

Bottom line if you are a push over and take crap for your competition you wont get far

Good luck

Londoner

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2010, 07:14:46 am »
i came home the other day and the cleaner in the next road was cleaning the windows, i stood and watched him so called clean, he got up the ladder and used an old rag (not a scrim, i know the difference) that i would use for sills, he then went on to basically rub this all over the window making out he was cleaning it, he then missed another window and moved on to the next house to do the same again,

he had a b-o-b on but never once used it, nor did he have a bucket of water with him. This fella cleans my sister in laws but they dont want to get rid of him cos he is old and nice, i told them i had seen him cleaning and he missed most windows as well as not cleaning them properly yet there not bothered. I just dont get some people. no way would i put up with that service.

What does annoy me is its cleaners like this that get wc's bad reputations and makes getting work harder as no-one trusts a cleaner after seeing these muppets

Thats exactly like a WC I was watching a couple of weeks back except that this was a young bloke and he was using two rags.

G Griffin

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2010, 07:48:42 am »

Your sister-in-law trusts him and thinks he`s "nice". Because he`s a rubbish WC`er doesn`t make him a muppet or untrustworhy.
    Poor quality competition only enhances your reputation. I don`t think people think we`re all the same. If they do, then that`s ignorance on their part.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐