Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Getting paid by bank transfer New
« on: April 06, 2010, 08:30:09 pm »
 ;)

mci services

Re: Getting paid by bank transfer
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 08:33:54 pm »
for commercial invoice number

for domestic first line of the address

davids3511

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 08:35:18 pm »
A good number of mine pay this way. I ask them to use the first line of their address as the reference. 90% of the time this comes through to your statement but doesn't always.

Every transaction has some details even if it is just a number. Once you figure out the customers where the reference number comes through instead of an address, it will be an easy job next month to refer back and see who it is.

LWC

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 08:35:46 pm »
When they are entering you account details there is a space for "reference" make sure they put their address in and it shows up on your statement as "MR JonesRef :- 1 Coney Drive"  ;)

Re: Getting paid by bank transfer New
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 08:50:20 pm »
 ;)

LWC

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 08:52:55 pm »
Just say alot of your customers are paying this way and would you be interested. Mention the benefits ie saves time quick and convinient, saves you calling round and disturbing them, no bank charges bla bla

Ian Mason

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2010, 08:55:34 pm »
oh, ok, I was wondering how to draft a letter to them to say all this,  As long as some identifier comes out on my bank statement I'd be happy with the arrangement.

Hi,

I would also like to know how best draft a letter, & also exactly what info I need to supply custy`s with, but I hope you don`t mind me jumping in here & asking a question aswell, but do any of you know if you get charged for doing this by your banks, or know if any custys have been charged for doing this? :)

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2010, 09:00:52 pm »
jus put on invoice etc yr bank details job done
esp mention to custys who
normally pay by cheque  ;D
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2010, 09:07:24 pm »
 ;)

Craig 72

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2010, 09:14:42 pm »
I've recently started getting some of my customers to do transfers and it's very convenient all round.The only trouble I find is that quite a few don't pay up immediately.I don't think it's for any more reason than it slipping their mind as I give them a 'nudge' via text or e-mail and they pay up straight away.Can be annoying though.

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2010, 09:31:49 pm »
 ;)

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2010, 09:55:48 pm »
y r you making it so complicated
most people bank on line simple just like aving another direct debit
also no annoying knock at the door 4 money
 iv even got custys on standing orders
SIMPLES !!!!
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2010, 07:50:36 am »
 ;)

Window Washers

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2010, 08:07:31 am »
I wouldn't have any on standing orders as you HAVE to visit them 13 times a year whatever the weather, whatever your holidays are, and even if you have a broken leg.

Alot of my customers are old blighters with no computer anyway, so this isn't going to work for everyone.  I'm not making it complicated, I just want to get it right first time with the instructions laid out in a letter so that I only have to explain it once.
13 cleans get done every year on customers houses or you could just charge 12 cleans and sell it as a bonus for 13 cleans if you get round, I have loads on standing order, ti works well, you dont have to handle the money so cuts down on time, you dont need a computer to get people on standing orders
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

ivesonswc

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2010, 09:04:32 am »
 i have been thinking about using bacs aswell but i am a bit worried about putting my bank detail on my web site or even giving it to customers due to fraud and id copying ect

Window Washers

« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2010, 11:54:36 am »
i have been thinking about using bacs aswell but i am a bit worried about putting my bank detail on my web site or even giving it to customers due to fraud and id copying ect

do you write out cheques, and do you get cheques off customers ?
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Ian Mason

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2010, 12:30:04 pm »

Having looked into this, I would keep it to a "need to know basis", such as customers only, & not anyone that visits you`re website!

ivesonswc

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2010, 01:53:52 pm »
never use cheques from my own account normally give a family member the cash and they write me a cheque,  just had a thought don't capital one send payment slips with bank betails on for you to pay your bill ???

formb

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2010, 01:58:38 pm »

Having looked into this, I would keep it to a "need to basis", such as customers only, & not anyone that visits you`re website!

I read this and thought, what a load of old twaddle, but, and I quote

"Having looked into this, I would keep it to a "need to basis", such as customers only, & not anyone that visits you`re website!"

Ian Mason

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2010, 02:17:48 pm »

Having looked into this, I would keep it to a "need to basis", such as customers only, & not anyone that visits you`re website!

I read this and thought, what a load of old twaddle, but, and I quote

"Having looked into this, I would keep it to a "need to basis", such as customers only, & not anyone that visits you`re website!"

Ooops, I missed out the word "know" in the phrase "need to know basis". ::)

But basically, I have read that it is ok to give your bank account name, account number, & sort code to customers that you are in physical contact with, but it would be risky having a web page advertising these details for the world to see.

I hope this clears the twaddle up. :)