Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dave Willis

Didn't finish till seven!
« on: April 06, 2010, 08:05:10 pm »
Here comes the silly season. Trying to catch up and I'm picking up more and more work. Just can't believe how much work seems to be about at the moment.

martinsadie

Re: Didn't finish till seven!
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 08:09:39 pm »
wouldnt want to work till 7

supernova77

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 08:10:28 pm »
I worked yesterday in order to catch up a bit and picked up 2 new jobs from people seeing me clean their neighbours windows.

Its that time of year again!  :)

Andy

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 08:21:51 pm »
i have worked until 7 before today but i usually find i end up having another day off at a later date cos im knackered! ::) ;Dso im no better off in reality!

i prefer to work hard and steady for 6-7 hours a day and get round to the work when i can.

regards

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

Re: Didn't finish till seven! New
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 08:24:38 pm »
 ;)

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 08:56:58 pm »
Not working till 7, but the jobs are coming in. I'm pricing high and still getting them
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

paul rulton

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2010, 09:00:11 pm »
3.5 hrs 2day  ;D more than enough 4 me  ;)

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2010, 09:12:56 pm »
let me get this rite you only workd
till 7 id av sacked you lol shudda done an extra hour for luck lol ;D ;D
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

Craig 72

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2010, 09:18:38 pm »
Starting at 8 in the morning I've well and truly had enough by 2 or 3 at the latest.I find I'm inclined to look for corners to cut when I'm knackered so that's usually my lot.

geoffreyspecht

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2010, 10:21:26 pm »
now is the time to make money,used to work 7 days a week in the summer when i was younger

chopsie

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2010, 10:25:55 pm »
Might do some of that myself this week and/or next. Had the kids longer than usual this week and bank hol weekend has meant I got a fair bit of work (for me!!) due,all to get done thurs and friday  :( Keep getting phone calls wanting me to quote/clean from new custies, Hope its gave good weather rest of week  ???
chopsie

Sean Dyer

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2010, 10:33:58 pm »
i work 8 - 6/7 all the time in this weather, gotta make up for winter some how :)

Have plenty of easy days too so it evens out but feels nice to do big days and have some time free

picked up 4 new jobs today and did the new cleans

happy times :)

Johnny B

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2010, 11:45:32 pm »
I started at around 9:00 this morning (usual for me). Finished at 6:30. Hopefully the same tomorrow.  :)

John.
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

geefree

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2010, 12:32:06 am »
ah ... bless 

we all work.

DaveG

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2010, 08:11:51 am »
The weather was nice here so i took a day off ;D
You can't polish a turd

Dave Anderson

« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2010, 08:29:18 am »
Unashamed Gloating ALERT!! IF GLOATING OFFENDS YOU ...LOOK AWAY NOW
=========================================================

I had a very poor winter like most...in 10 weeks I had 8 workable days...

So after having a bit of a hissy fit on this forum as 'Pingu' I deleted my account and worked out how much time I spent on this forum and vowed to put in that time getting new customers. These would be the bedrock of my winter 'slush fund'.

Now in the past 3 months I have filled loads of holes in my scheduled round and have now decided that the round is full and only customer losses will be chased as new customers...(I do not want staff).

So the new work year is 22ish of Jan - Xmas Eve each year (Sunny Holiday each year during this time)...with option of not working for additional 4 weeks further owing to severe weather like we had this year.

Every 6 working weeks I have nearly 2 working weeks off in the 8 weekly schedule, only Monday to Thursday are scheduled work and fridays/Sat are for 12 weekly and catch-up. facia, guttering etc. Most days I leave the house at 9 and for the most part am home around 15:30. All of which I was told by many was impossible and could never work.

Now for those who doubt the abilty to earn a good wage..there is nothing I am able or willing to say to prove it but suffice to say it's a comfortable living.

So most weeks there are 2 days to play catch up if needed...so a scheduled service can work but I have found it take detailed planning.

For most I know tying themselves down to a schedule is akin to deep-frying your 'crown jewels' in chip fat but for me I could not count on myself getting out of bed if left to my own devices.

So regardless of how you work and to those who are starting out..don't lose faith as I started in Oct 06 same as Gazzap8 I think...and from small acorns as they say...well done Gazzap8!!

The wonderfull aspect of our profession is that we can tailor it to our own needs and re-mould it as and when required. They key I have found is planning and an absolute 100% need to communicate with the customer.

You do not need to follow the crowd but sometimes marching to the beat of your own drum can be a worthwhile pain.

Sorry to gloat but it has been a stuggle and I just felt like I wanted to share.

So this week I have 3 tattoo sessions booked in the afternoons and if I can take it another 3 sessions next week....time well spent.

So there is no need to work in a famin/feast style if you plan...unless of course you like to work that way.

The more I know the less I know I know ...

stfc

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2010, 08:35:03 am »
The weather was nice here so i took a day off ;D

and when its raining and frozen up every where u moan. ::)

DaveG

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2010, 12:46:52 pm »
lifes too short to worry about weather ::)
You can't polish a turd

Dave Willis

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2010, 04:37:14 pm »
part time today - 4pm - that's more like it  ;D

DaveG

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2010, 04:41:20 pm »
thats my boy! ;D
You can't polish a turd