This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Londoner

Re: Under-cut nuisance update
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2010, 07:10:43 am »
Surely its better to do once a month for £10 than once a fortnight for £5? Round here customers don't want frequent cleans, you wouldn't get any takers for once a fortnight.

TC1

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2010, 07:51:57 am »
Doing twice the amount of work for the same money doesen't make great business sense IMO!! ???

jonnyald

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2010, 08:04:06 am »
there is a school of thought who go for fortnightly cleaning-  when i first meet customers, i Ask Them how often ,rather than suggesting monthly myself,otherwise im saddled with monthly .
I usually say-- "how oftenwould u like ?,nearly all  is a fortnight (isnt true) but a few are every 4weeks (mutter the last bit ) "      . by saying it this way it filters out the "draggers " who really wanted to be every couple of months but now think they are being  a bit draggey by becoming monthlys

my price is the same whether fortnightly or monthly or 6 weekly.

daz1977

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2010, 08:11:14 am »
the fortnight thing comes from years ago i think, where to make life easier they would say it need doing every 2 weeks, that way you wouldnt need as many custys

when i first started i picked up a few from a bloke who was insisting that they get done weekly

Platinum

« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2010, 10:48:03 am »
Doing twice the amount of work for the same money doesen't make great business sense IMO!! ???

It more of a northern thing now. Like daz says its easier to start with because you dont need as many customers.

All my new work im canvassing now is on 4weekly. Im still charging around £5-£7 for a standard 3 bed semi but the fortnightlys are the bread and butter so to speak

james44

« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2010, 11:09:52 am »
Doing twice the amount of work for the same money doesen't make great business sense IMO!! Huh

Agree the only person that wins out of it this way is the customers who get 2 cleans for the same price of 1

Platinum

« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2010, 12:50:13 pm »
Doing twice the amount of work for the same money doesen't make great business sense IMO!! Huh

Agree the only person that wins out of it this way is the customers who get 2 cleans for the same price of 1

All depends on how compact the work is....

I can clean £150+ worth of work in 6 hours which is good going.