This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

macleod

SAFEcontractor
« on: April 05, 2010, 08:47:22 pm »
i've heard about SAFEcontractor, can anyone tell me what's the score with this lot?
is this just another tax? what are the actual benefits if any?
do customers want another 'badge' for us to display on the van and paperwork...

any advice or stories welcome.

Mac

daz1977

Re: SAFEcontractor
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 09:04:30 pm »
best bet is to speak to dave morris, archer  or mlscontractor, i think they are all members

STEVE-UK

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 09:45:19 pm »
It mainly to show commercial customers that your health and safety compliant, companies like peverel and cluttons will only consider you if your safe contractor approved

macleod

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 09:13:26 pm »
thanks for the few replies.

ive never been asked by peverel if im safecontractor approved.

it seems that safecontractor are the 'outsourced' part of h&s to check that all trades people have the 'right' insurance and method statements and risk assesments...

but we the trades people have to pay for the privilage of safecontractor to check what we are doing is 'safe' (?) and therefore take the risk should anything go wrong, rather than the company that we are actually cleaing for...

is that right?

Mac

macleod

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010, 03:35:52 pm »
bump....

N'tro

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2010, 07:59:44 pm »
IT used to be safe contrator who most commercial work req'd, now if you want to win any goverment bodys work are most commercial CHAS is wot they want. But if you have held safe contracor for 12 months they would let you apply for CHAS n you could have that for 12 months under like grand father rights..Then at the end of 12months have to fill all the paper work in wait for an assessor to review all your paper work n then get back to ya,To tell ya wot lacking n wot extra ya need to document daily inspection of equipment wkly monthly ect so you have all the relevant docmentation n "proof" of your safe working methods n practices. Each time for a fee..And if your successful all well n good. Not bad if ya get the work after...

formb

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2010, 08:04:16 pm »
IT used to be safe contrator who most commercial work req'd, now if you want to win any goverment bodys work are most commercial CHAS is wot they want. But if you have held safe contracor for 12 months they would let you apply for CHAS n you could have that for 12 months under like grand father rights..Then at the end of 12months have to fill all the paper work in wait for an assessor to review all your paper work n then get back to ya,To tell ya wot lacking n wot extra ya need to document daily inspection of equipment wkly monthly ect so you have all the relevant docmentation n "proof" of your safe working methods n practices. Each time for a fee..And if your successful all well n good. Not bad if ya get the work after...

That's £5000 on the quote before you even start if you ask me.

Mind you the windows at the Hollyrood building in Edinburgh get done for £25,000, or so I heard anyway.

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2010, 09:17:37 pm »
dont tell that to dean tab lol ;D ;D ;D ;D :P
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."