Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

daz1977

fined for misuse of a ladder
« on: April 05, 2010, 04:44:46 pm »
has any one actually been fined for misuse of a ladder, we read reports that it is a 5000 fine, but i dont know of any wc been done for using them,   does any one

mci services

Re: fined for misuse of a ladder
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 07:55:21 pm »
guess not

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 07:58:19 pm »
only when left on double yellow lines
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

martinsadie

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 08:05:25 pm »
or used to rob a house  ;D

sgibsoncleaning

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2010, 08:10:00 pm »
there has been several prosecutions for this, but they only come after someone has died. 

idealrob

Londoner

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2010, 07:32:52 am »
Two painters were done in Sheepcote Road Harrow for painting a block of flats using ladders about three years back. They were warned by H&S one day and the next day when H&S came back they were up the ladders again so they got nicked.

Apparantly, somebody doing guttering in South Oxhey a few doors up from where a mate of mine lives got done about the same time.

Not heard of any recently but lots of contracts go out now with no ladders clauses in them

Mike #1

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2010, 08:35:20 am »
its different if you're soletrader the same rules don't always apply , but if you employ someone and you breach H & S they will fine you

idealrob

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2010, 04:05:56 pm »
its different if you're soletrader the same rules don't always apply , but if you employ someone and you breach H & S they will fine you

Is it ?

What rules are different ?

WAHR applies to self employed, sole traders etc, the only rule I know different is Lone workers for sole traders are excempt for obvious reasons

idealrob

bad trippy

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2010, 04:28:22 pm »
I picked a ladder up in temper once and rammed it straight thew the door of my ex mrs and the supposed friend of mine she ran off with.
I did have a few to drink that night mine you .
I did get a whooping fine in court, does that count?
www.clearviewbristol.co.uk
Add me on Facebook clear view window cleaning

AuRavelling79

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2010, 06:09:47 pm »
I picked a ladder up in temper once and rammed it straight thew the door of my ex mrs and the supposed friend of mine she ran off with.

I suppose it does trippy, I suppose it does! :)
It's a game of three halves!

Ian W

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2010, 06:19:18 pm »
http://www.laddernews.com/component/content/article/2-health-safety-news/36-hse-warns-of-working-at-height-following-essex-prosecution.html

just googled it, and many, many more

idealrob

That particular incident wasn't prosecuted under the wahr. Were any others that you found?
Do all the good you can, and make as little fuss about it as possible.
Charles Dickens

woody1

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2010, 06:58:27 pm »
idealrob your so quick to ram this h s and wahr down traditional windys are you sure your not one off those muppets that sit behind the desk making these stupid rules, i think your just a sheep mate not every one wants to be wfp simple so grow up bitching at people that arnt affraid and to stupid to use ladders like you :o

Ian W

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2010, 07:04:16 pm »
I think he is looking at it from a different perspective Woody. I believe he is an employer and so needs to be very careful with regards to safety. But I think he may be overstating the case when it comes to ladders. Still, better to be safe than sorry.
Do all the good you can, and make as little fuss about it as possible.
Charles Dickens

idealrob

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2010, 07:39:45 pm »
idealrob your so quick to ram this h s and wahr down traditional windys are you sure your not one off those muppets that sit behind the desk making these stupid rules, i think your just a sheep mate not every one wants to be wfp simple so grow up bitching at people that arnt affraid and to stupid to use ladders like you :o

i have no problem with ladders, just sick of people breaking the law, not taking any notice of H & S, its simple, secure ladders, costs £35 and complies with most of the law if you wont use other methods. For years we used a unger standard pole with mops & squegee, great for groung & first floors.

After all the quotes on w/c paralysed, deaths etc, I make my choice for myself and staff, got nothing to do with wfp being quicker, easier to train and saves time & money.

idealrob

woody1

« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2010, 10:22:35 pm »
didnt think of it that way rob soz i do not where your coming from 

idealrob

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2010, 10:49:58 pm »
Not comeing from anywhere Woody, all I think imo is if you use a ladder, and I used one at weekend 20 feet up cutting down conifers at my home, that they are secured, and you must agree 99% of trads dont secure them. I used a rojac stopper that cost £20 about 20 years ago, it still works great and at the time was recognised as a secure way by HSE for securing ladders, 15 years before WAHR. Tbhe trees where above a gonzolla roof, so platform would not be suitable.
Its simple, when we used to use ladders, we used a rojac stipper at bottom and a ladder limpit at top ,and felt 100% safe. Then WAHR came in, and as we work for large chemical industry on Teesside, where you are sacked if safety record is not just about perfect, we used WFP following WAHR.

We got a massive contract after another firm, twice made stupid mistakes regarding h & S and their contract was not renewed, and we benefited because of our zero accident record. its simple, keeps insurance down, keeps me from going to prison from corporate manslaughter, and no one gets seriously hurt. and I can sleep at night

idealrob

bad trippy

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2010, 11:50:52 pm »

I suppose it does trippy, I suppose it does! :)
Mr Gold i would have bet my house on you replying to that post lol
www.clearviewbristol.co.uk
Add me on Facebook clear view window cleaning