This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

TLC

Had any funny or nuts letters from customers?
« on: April 05, 2010, 10:54:04 am »
I've had quite a few in my time. The funniest lines from the letters i can remember are as follows:

"how many times have i told you that the dog eats your bill?"

"I have a bad leg and will not be able to walk the 3 miles to the post box to send you this in future because it hurts too much!"

"We were out when you called and you proceeded to clean the windows anyway with my 13 year old daughter in the house! NOT very intelligent"

"how can you justify this price rise as its 5X the rate of inflation?"

i'll prob remember some more soon,

Had any like this guys?

elite mike

Re: Had any funny or nuts letters from customers?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 10:57:12 am »
dear mike

i am cancelling the window cleaning, because every time you clean them it

always rains, making them dirty again ;D ;D ;D ::)

daz1977

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 10:58:46 am »
i dont get letters, i just get told when i am collecting,   had one cancel as i scare the dog when i am cleaning the windows

and how is cleaning the windows when there daughter is in the house not intelligent?

AuRavelling79

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 11:04:03 am »
I was going to enclose a cheque but I had already sealed the envelope so will have to pay you next time.  ;D
It's a game of three halves!

Martin ccs

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2010, 11:06:05 am »
never had any letters, had loads of stupid reasons for cancelling or to skip this months clean.

think the best reason i had to cancel was when i was out collecting: customer says if you can afford a new car like that i dont want you to clean my windows.

best reason for skipping a months clean: was last week, started the front of a bungalow when customer comes out and says im half way thru a sandwhich! so cxan you leave it this month.   joke is she then spent the next 20 mins eating it whilst talking to her gardener! as i was doing the other 8 bungalows around hers.

same day and same road - about 15 mins from that customer - customers says no! leave it this month i wanna do the insides first - i said i can do them for you, if not if the outsides are clean then it will be easier for u on the insides. customer just walked off

some people are proper fd up

elite mike

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2010, 11:10:25 am »
the funniest one i had , and i have put this on here before
and i quote

ime to tired to have the windows cleaned today ;D ;D

now an ex custy ;)

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2010, 11:14:42 am »
I had a customer call me after doing their windows, first time WFP (spoke to her in person explaining how it works before hand).
She went off on one telling me the windows were dirty as theres marks everywhere and the walls were wet!
I went round and found out the DIRT was in fact the pure water drying, as for the walls I just told her I explained everything to her the week before and what does she do when it rains? use an umbrella?
to that I walked off with her moaning under her breath.
I believe she is still looking for a window cleaner now.

Matt
Reaching parts traditional window cleaners can not reach.

formb

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2010, 11:21:31 am »
I had a customer call me after doing their windows, first time WFP (spoke to her in person explaining how it works before hand).
She went off on one telling me the windows were dirty as theres marks everywhere and the walls were wet!
I went round and found out the DIRT was in fact the pure water drying, as for the walls I just told her I explained everything to her the week before and what does she do when it rains? use an umbrella?

I had the same.

"you've left my walls soaking wet!"

I told her they were dry when I cleaned the windows and she should speak to a Mr Isaac Newton about the wet walls.

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2010, 11:25:24 am »

I had the same.

"you've left my walls soaking wet!"

I told her they were dry when I cleaned the windows and she should speak to a Mr Isaac Newton about the wet walls.

;D ;D ;D ;D
Reaching parts traditional window cleaners can not reach.

Steve CM

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2010, 11:31:34 am »
dear mike

i am cancelling the window cleaning, because every time you clean them it

always rains, making them dirty again ;D ;D ;D ::)

i've had that one ::)

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2010, 11:33:47 am »
"your making the dirt on the insides show up more, and I am getting into troube with er indoors"
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

Paul Coleman

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2010, 12:00:34 pm »
I've had quite a few in my time. The funniest lines from the letters i can remember are as follows:

"how many times have i told you that the dog eats your bill?"

"I have a bad leg and will not be able to walk the 3 miles to the post box to send you this in future because it hurts too much!"

"We were out when you called and you proceeded to clean the windows anyway with my 13 year old daughter in the house! NOT very intelligent"

"how can you justify this price rise as its 5X the rate of inflation?"

i'll prob remember some more soon,

Had any like this guys?

I did have one cancel because of what she called "The British weather".  It's not as if she wasn't British either.  We had "British" weather a long time before I started cleaning her windows too so I'm not sure what she expected of me.  It's not as if I was cleaning in the rain back then either.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2010, 12:01:37 pm »
I was going to enclose a cheque but I had already sealed the envelope so will have to pay you next time.  ;D

You are joking I take it Malc?  ;D

prestige cleaners

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2010, 12:02:42 pm »
so many stupid reasons! heres one, i turn up on a beautiful sunny day, guy says dont bother its raining tomorrow! i explained it wouldnt make a difference, still wouldnt have it. (now an ex customer)

mark dew

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2010, 12:04:31 pm »
Thats unbelivable.
I would go and get the money and next time i'm in area would put a letter thru saying i've missed them out cos id already walked past their house to do next door.
And then pretend they got wet leprosy and stay well clear.

You are joking I take it Malc? ;D

Martin ccs

« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2010, 12:07:17 pm »
dont do them today i have to go to bingo at 12, it was only 9.45! i say thats hours away and i will be done and out the way within 20 mins.

customers says but i worry you wont be and ill be late!
now an ex customer!

dont them today its windy! - £5 bungalow - took 3 mins max!

formb

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2010, 12:10:11 pm »
Had 1:

"miss me today, I'm watching countdown and you'll put me off"

Still a customer.

Still bonkers.

daz1977

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2010, 12:11:15 pm »
it amazes me, that these custy go to other wc and say i think he packed in as just stopped coming

Martin ccs

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2010, 12:12:16 pm »
talking about this makes me remember all the stupid customers i would put up with when i first started out - starting to think i shouldnt dump them - just sell them to a newbie.

i had one years ago - old lady in her 70s - i dont need a wc my son bought me a ladder for xmas and im gonna be ok up the ladder to do them myself.

Martin ccs

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2010, 12:16:12 pm »
it amazes me, that these custy go to other wc and say i think he packed in as just stopped coming

most new customer you get will prob say that - makes you think oh god have a just picked up another nutter!

infact i have a new house to do this week - she says shes had 5 dif wc in a year, each chap says im taking over from the last chap.

i have a code of practice to help stop certain things cause a prob - make new customer pay so many months up front and give them written rules of how we work - seems to do the job.