This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dmlservices

gardiners slx pole
« on: April 04, 2010, 01:12:41 pm »
hi lads
have not been on for a while , been to busy working and of doing other things , any way hope you are all well and buissiness is good ,
looking to buy a new pole, have always used the extel poles ,and supalite brush from gardiners,my main pole is the 17ft and it's served me well (over 2 years ) and the brush i have had since it's release,best i have used , and i've tried a few,

anyway am thinking of buying a slx carbon , but on looking on here, and seeing the brush/grease problem,
and the fast wearing rate of the slx posted on another forum, i want to get honest reviews from people who have one , and how they are lasting after extended use,

cheers
daz

Re: gardiners slx pole
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 01:19:45 pm »
For 17' stay as you are, for longer use an slx.

paul rulton

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2010, 01:22:01 pm »
only been using mine 4 a few months & already the little top section is much loser  :-\
now when i extend it i start from the 2nd section  :(
i personally would not buy another 1 now, it is a lot of money  :(

dmlservices

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2010, 01:56:22 pm »
thanks for the replies, as said my main pole is 17 ft, i have other poles up to 30 ft ,for higher jobs, fascia's ect, so was looking to buy a 30ft slx, but they are pricey, dont mind if it will last esp, as i would be using it most of the time .

cheers
daz

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2010, 02:11:56 pm »
If you are going to look after this pole then the slx is great and will last a long time.  If you have managed to make an xtel last 2 years you should be ok.  The trouble is sand gets caught on the pole hose and is then dragged up into the pole and will stay there wearing the pole until it is washed out.  If you wash the pole and even give it a polish from time to time it will last several times longer.

I've also found that the variation in temperature can change the clamp adjustments a little, so if after a cold snap it's warm you may need to tighten the clamps and visa versa.

All in all a very good pole for the price, I think the best, but you need to look after it otherwise go for a harris.  I also think that even if you are only going up to 17 ft it's still worth getting one as the difference is amazing and will help save energy.

Simon.

stevieg

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2010, 02:28:36 pm »
Brodex alloy is the best fit for your requirements.

dmlservices

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2010, 02:31:50 pm »
hi
i go to 30 ft and have other poles i use , was looking at a 30 ft slx , to replace them, has any one tried coating sections in clear engine laquer , to slow down wear .

daz

dmlservices

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2010, 02:45:08 pm »
Brodex alloy is the best fit for your requirements.

my m8 has one, to heavy

daz

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2010, 02:57:00 pm »
hi
i go to 30 ft and have other poles i use , was looking at a 30 ft slx , to replace them, has any one tried coating sections in clear engine laquer , to slow down wear .

daz

I went as far as buying the laquer but never put it on.  I've found that regular cleaning keeps the pole in good shape.  Mine is almost 2 years old and has plenty more life in it.  The older clamps used to add to wear as it was cf on cf but the new clamps have reduced wear providing the pole is clean.  Some teflon spay on the pole hose is maybe a better idea to stop the dirt clinging.

Simon.

williamx

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2010, 02:58:00 pm »
I have had the slx for 1 year now.

The clamps still work ok, the pole does not spin, this is mainly due to me not over tightning the screw, all it needs is for you adjust the clamp until it catches the pole, this will stop the pole from spinning or collaspsing.

The yellow and red markers on the end are a pain, they do wear quickly and this jams the poles together.

I think that most slx's have different pole diameters, the ones where the diameter is close to the next pole will jam, the others that are more open seem to be jam free, so it is pot luck on how your slx will perform in this respect.

For the poles that do jam, you will need to strip them down every week and compleatly clean them, if you run the pole hose on the outside, it will last a lot longer before it starts to jam.

Other than that the pole is a good all round tool.