This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

H h20

What do you have to clean off windows
« on: July 29, 2005, 02:04:16 pm »
 :-X Well this week iv`e cleaned off green spit(loads),Egg which to me is the worst, Loads of greasy hand and finger marks and Sicked up icecream mixed with chocolate buttons and dolly mixture,Oh and last week it was human poo(nasty). :-X

Sir Squeaky

Re: What do you have to clean off windows
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2005, 02:14:58 pm »
Sounds like a lovely place to be working...

I agree with you about the egg, it's the worst.
It takes so much scrubbing and kills all the suds in your water.
Really you need new water for the next window if you can.

I've got a few teachers on my round and always I dread the first clean after Halloween, as their houses are the main targets!

Roger.

daniel b

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2005, 04:20:04 pm »
Egg is defo hard to get off i use a strong chemical called MP10 and a good scraper soon shifts it.
I had a bad job this mornin someone decided to chuck a tin of paint on 1 of my customers windows,took me an hour to do 2 windows i wasnt a happy chap,got paid a bit extra for it ovcourse.

Daniel
DSB Cleaning Services,Wrexham,N.Wales.
NFMWGC NO.9442,
Safe contractor approved.
www.dsbcleaningservices.co.uk

AuRavelling79

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2005, 09:06:17 am »
Wow! Other than some rare post-hallowe'en egg I've not had any of that stuff lads! And. frankly you'd have to pay me mega bucks to do it!

As I said to one of my ex-customers after they had a £12,000 extension added and the builders left sealant and rendering stains on the glass and frames.

(After a discussion where the householder thought an extra fiver was enough to pay and asserted that "the window cleaner should clean off anything that was on the windows since the previous visit!")

"If you think I'm getting that lot off for an extra five quid when you've just stumped up 12 grand for the laziest builders in town you must have rocks in your head!" ;D
It's a game of three halves!

H h20

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2005, 09:50:49 am »
I don`t think it`s a case of charging any extra for desolvable stuff,i do mostly commercial so the prices usually cover little extras anyway
if it was paint or spray or something that had to be removed with chemicals then yes it would bo alot extra
at the end of the day it is our job,that is what we do
commercial window cleaning you can expect anything  :D