This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

paul rulton

Re: FAO ADMIN OR MODS
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2010, 01:04:21 pm »

It's not about having anything to hide, it's about protecting your e-mail from 'spammers'.  If I wanted to be naughty, I could copy your e-mail and put it into various places on the internet and you would be overflowing with spam e-mail in a very short time.  And I mean you would be swamped.

And 'spammers' harvest e-mails from sites such as this.

It's not about hiding, but protecting yourself from idiots.
OH  :o  i dint know that Tosh  :o im quite thick with these things  :P
do u think i should take off my e-mail then m8 ?  ???  :)

Pj

« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2010, 01:07:08 pm »
"It's not about hiding, but protecting yourself from idiots"

Idiots?  On here?

Shuuuurly not!!!

Tom White

« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2010, 01:07:31 pm »
That's your choice, but I've already cut 'n' pasted it into various 419 scammer areas where they harvest e-mails.

In a few days you'll be having more lottery wins than you've ever dreamed of!  ;D

(I'm only joking).

paul rulton

« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2010, 01:09:30 pm »
done it now anyway  :-\ always been bothered about people doin something like that :(

Tom White

« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2010, 01:10:21 pm »

Idiots?  On here?

Shuuuurly not!!!

Squeaky went through a phase where some idiot was phoning him up after he'd posted  a pic of his van with his telephone number on it.  It annoyed him!  

After that I thought I'd be a bit more careful about my personal details.  I have nothing to hide; many people on this forum know me 'in the flesh', but I personally don't like my personal details floating round the tinternet!  

paul rulton

« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2010, 01:14:54 pm »
know wot u mean Tosh  ;D
when i 1st got this laptop on the net, it bothered me that people could c my work sheets :(
so my m8 got me a metal box that i can now just plug in2 my laptop when i want 2do my
work sheets  ;D
IM NOT AT ALL TEC MINDED  :P  ::)  :P

Pj

« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2010, 01:21:08 pm »

Idiots?  On here?

Shuuuurly not!!!

Squeaky went through a phase where some idiot was phoning him up after he'd posted  a pic of his van with his telephone number on it.  It annoyed him!  

After that I thought I'd be a bit more careful about my personal details.  I have nothing to hide; many people on this forum know me 'in the flesh', but I personally don't like my personal details floating round the tinternet!  

Quite agree Tosh.  For the very same reason I'll not put any more on my profile.  It's not a bout hiding it's about protecting.

« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2010, 10:05:15 pm »
as stated before - accounts arent being deleted simply due to nicknames

Paul formerly known as Hitman - you know as well as i that you deleted your own account when you got involved with some negative posting with other members and i seem to remember you reporting the post many times asking for our help which you received! You also had prior warning of some of your conduct before you got into that last post

please dont act in one way on the forum and then act in another via email to me as it wont wash - all i am asking is you treat others with some respect, thats just called being an adult!

also be aware that the Mods have more power over your accounts as they should - they run the show and police the forum to keep you all safe! i will always fully support their decisions and know they would not delete someone without having full reason

if any of you have any issues - why dont you email me direct and i will sort them!