This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

The Jester of Wibbly

Changed the name to stop the moans
« on: April 03, 2010, 09:48:40 pm »
Changed me name, as seeing some posts about getting accounts deleted without any warning.   Would be nice to see some warnings issued so people did not have to start out again as a newbie.  Been using forums for last two decades in one form and another, and never seen this sort of god playing before.

Nothing wrong with light harted fun after a hard days graft
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

mci services

Re: Changed the name to stop the moans
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 09:52:51 pm »
are you really that bothered its only a forum its not real life ???

mark dew

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 09:57:00 pm »
there's a chat section as well. A bit of banter is good most of the time though.

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 09:58:07 pm »
are you really that bothered its only a forum its not real life ???

Exactly my point mate.  Needed to get of me chest
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

daz1977

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2010, 10:01:20 pm »
so what u saying, if you do not use your real name you will be deleted

lee09

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2010, 10:03:48 pm »
Yeah, have changed mine too
Lee

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2010, 10:05:35 pm »
so what u saying, if you do not use your real name you will be deleted

yes, Hitman and Wizard to begin with,.  Both had to start again from sctratch with no warnings unless I am wrong

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2010, 10:13:43 pm »
I had an email off CIU from Jason sying that they will be more strict with new memberships.
I think the mods are getting tired off people clearing off then returning under a different name.

Matt
Reaching parts traditional window cleaners can not reach.

daz1977

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2010, 10:14:29 pm »
dont they have ip address, that they can check.

what are they classing as ok  your real name  or businesss name

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2010, 10:17:05 pm »
n me  :D
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

mark dew

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2010, 10:26:50 pm »
I don't know why accounts are being deleted and can't see the fuss about 'starting again' anyway. I personally prefer seeing names. It's more open in my opinion. But i can understand why people use and want to continue using nicknames. Some people speak more freely when they can't be traced. Nothing wrong with that.
Banters alright as well. But what is bollox is when people hide behind nicknames and slag off or get too personal cos of disagreement. This isn't only people with nicknames or pseudonyms, but mostly in my opinion. Multiple accounts and gang up on someone. I think this is part of the reason admin has 'changed.'
This is just my opinion.
I think this section needs more moderators which would cut down the spite. And getting rid of nicknames isn't the best way to do this.

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2010, 11:35:58 pm »
I was the Wizard and have been so since I joined over a year back. One day I tried to log on and by trying to log on got this message that my user name did not exist. I tried requesting my pass word and by reregistering  anew found all my past was still on record. I think by saying   I am a newbie does not qualify me as an experienced contributor of the forum. I M O advice given by old hand on this forum would carry weight, and would validate his advice. Most of my advice is in the area of business for which I hold a degree and I would like to think I have proved my worth to this forum. Wizard would be advice you can count on. Change my name and I need to prove myself from scratch. 

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2010, 11:42:02 pm »
Just include the word Wizard in your new name.  You wont be forgotten

mark dew

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2010, 11:52:24 pm »
wizard, i think people who feel inferior by their lack of post count are those that feel superior when they post loads.
There's always gonna be people who look down, but anyone with a teeny bit of savvy about them are going to form an opinion on the quality of the post. Not the post count.

gary999

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2010, 01:53:03 am »
I was the Wizard and have been so since I joined over a year back. One day I tried to log on and by trying to log on got this message that my user name did not exist. I tried requesting my pass word and by reregistering  anew found all my past was still on record. I think by saying   I am a newbie does not qualify me as an experienced contributor of the forum. I M O advice given by old hand on this forum would carry weight, and would validate his advice. Most of my advice is in the area of business for which I hold a degree and I would like to think I have proved my worth to this forum. Wizard would be advice you can count on. Change my name and I need to prove myself from scratch. 

why the desperate need to prove yourself its only a forum ???
you could have thousands of posts and be relatively new to
window cleaning as opposed to having very few posts as only
just found the forum but running a highly sucesssful business
with multiple employees.

post count means nothing as far as im concerned if someone
puts a sound piece of advice which appeals to me and has only
ever posted once before its no less relative than some ones
advice whos been on here for yonks

yo need to get out more mate ;D ;D

ian1972

« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2010, 07:21:47 am »
Get a life!!!! Who cares its a pc forum yes some good advice has been posted on this forum but recently has turned more into a joke shop than a info site and that's a fact!

HIGH LEVEL WINDOW CLEANERS (scrimmy)

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2010, 09:12:45 am »
no way am i changing my name from scrimmy 8)