This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

lovewindows

Trolley system
« on: April 03, 2010, 05:13:10 pm »
Looking at changing my van with built in system for a trolley system , the idea behind it is so i can get my misses to agree to sell the car, which really just sits outside the house all day and buy a 4x4 to double up as a family car / work vehicle and cut my running costs.
I want to set up my RO and DI in a shed and use a trolley with 25l  interchangeable water carriers . What advice could you give me as i'd like to use as much of my original kit as poss. 
dont look who's to blame, look how to fix it. anon

paul rulton

Re: Trolley system
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 05:18:10 pm »
ive just done all that LW  ;D only i use a backpack not a trolley  ;D
the only thing i dont need is the pump  ;D
as i fill my 25L cons from a tap on the of the system. ;)

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 05:33:57 pm »
I use a Pure Freedom - and I can't fault it.

I've looked at other trolleys on the market with an eye to producing my own - but that's not going to happen soon. I suggest you take the following into account.

* how high do you have to lift the jerry can to get it onto and out of the trolley?
 * is it well-made?
 * is there a flow control built in?
 * is the flow control vulnerable to knocks?
 * has it got pneumatic tyres?
 * does the handle telescope/fold (should you need it) to get into and out of the vehicle?

And yes, if I produced my own, it would be a WallyTrolley. The name should sell it by itself. NOT?

lovewindows

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 05:34:42 pm »
Dont fancy lugging 25l around on my back all day, the work i do a trolley would be great , i get a bit miffed at times reeling hosepipe out and back, out and back esp going round the back of houses all the time . Who's selling decent trolley systems esp round the northwest ?.

paul rulton

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2010, 05:41:51 pm »
i never put my backpack on my back  :o i use the handle  ;)

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2010, 05:53:32 pm »
IMHO the only two worth looking at are the Pure Freedom and the X-Line.

What you say is absolutely right. I've found that a 15 meter hose on your trolley is plenty for most houses. Place the trolley near the middle and leave it there while you move quickly from window to window.

This one from T L KILLIS looks good but for three things:

1 - it doesn't have a flow control. Instead, it uses a low duty pump. (But on the other hand that might be good - as it's one less thing to go wrong.)

2 - the handle telescopes - and the paint is going to get worn off the sliding joints VERY quickly.

3 - As it doesn't have the flow control and uses a lower duty pump, it should be £100 cheaper.

cleewindows

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2010, 05:57:12 pm »
has to be a xline or pure freedom one. ;D
i have a xline!

BORBRYCE

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2010, 06:28:13 pm »

You could save a fortune by just throwing a backpack on a collapsible sacktruck like this.
Total cost £115 if you use the WCW backpack. I also have 3 poles attached to this, one with brush, one with 4 inch scraper and a small telescopic for use with trad tools.
Not for everyone I know, but this wee setup has saved me hundreds.

cleewindows

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2010, 06:29:33 pm »
looks good

You could save a fortune by just throwing a backpack on a collapsible sacktruck like this.
Total cost £115 if you use the WCW backpack. I also have 3 poles attached to this, one with brush, one with 4 inch scraper and a small telescopic for use with trad tools.

paul rulton

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2010, 06:34:05 pm »
must admit it does look a good bit of kit  :)
well done ronnie b  ;)

gary999

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2010, 07:19:40 pm »
it does the job..when it comes down to it
thats all that really matters :)

BORBRYCE

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2010, 07:43:37 pm »
Gary, are you scw over on tools?

lovewindows

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2010, 08:40:22 pm »

Ronnie that looks spot on could you e-mail me more details , info on profile, star man

Mike #1

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2010, 09:01:36 am »
nice trolley mate but if lovewindows is going all out trolley how is he going to fill container each time it wont last long surely i am assumming you have a van mount aswell and top up from that out purefreedom all the way you will only need 8 25L containers providing you fit the brush with  1mm jets

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2010, 10:34:49 am »
as anyone tried the purefreedom 50ltr trolly yet  :-\

dazmond

« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2010, 10:41:15 am »
ill be getting one mick.save me going back to the van as often with a 50lt option.also you get 10m of hose on the back of trolley.thatll come in handy.ill be getting 12 25 lt containers (300lt)for starters and add another 4 at a later date if needed and get a trigger on my pole. ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2010, 10:45:57 am »
im thinking the advantages of a trolley are that i can bring the it inside during freezing nights and easier for my compact hard to park work of which i have plenty!! ;) ;D.

i can also take containers out of van to use the van for other things when not working also cheaper than a van system.
price higher/work harder!

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2010, 01:26:03 pm »
im thinking the advantages of a trolley are that i can bring the it inside during freezing nights and easier for my compact hard to park work of which i have plenty!! ;) ;D.

i can also take containers out of van to use the van for other things when not working also cheaper than a van system.

these are the reasons im buying one already spoken to there sales i can change to larger ro unit larger pole and buying a holding tank for about £1200 this gives me great versitility and its all garanteed good after sales, interesting you came up with the exact same reasons i did one other was trailing pipes across pavements waiting for the public to trip and sue me ;D nice one dazmond

reach&clean

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2010, 02:58:08 pm »
i use both, i have a 650lt tank and a trolly and to be honest i use the trolly more than my hose and tank but the tank does come in handy for some jobs.

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2010, 03:05:47 pm »
hi mate real issue round here is the parking cant get anywere nr were i need to be but hopeing one day all my work will be wfp than a large tank in van will be good just run it through the trolly system ;D