Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mlscontractcleaner

Vistaprint anyone???
« on: April 02, 2010, 07:55:53 pm »
I've just had a quick look at the Vistaprint website; more especially their website building section. It looks pretty good at first glance; I'd just like the opinions of anyone who have actually used them.

Were they as good as you would have expected or were you quite disappointed with them?

Do you still use them now or did you cancel before the "free trial" period was up?

Does the £14 per month represent good value for money or is there better to be had out there?

Your advice and input would be welcome.

Many thanks :)
Come and talk dirty to us!!!

cleewindows

Re: Vistaprint anyone???
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 08:00:30 pm »
officelive
free very good and you can get a website about a tenner free emails

C.C.W.C

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 08:09:30 pm »
i used a google one its completly free and you has pretty much everything you cn upload your own pictures aswell

mlscontractcleaner

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 08:20:49 pm »
Cheers for the quick reply lads.

Cleewindows, I've looked at the site you recommended and, at the risk of sounding even more stupid than the family give me credit for, I'd like to ask you some questions please mate.

The ad states that it's free for 500mb of space on a website and that I can add more pics, pages, etc for an additional £2.99 for 1gb, £4.99 for 2gb and £7.99 for 5gb. My problem is that I don't know how big these figures are; how many pages would I fit in 500mb, 1gb, etc???

I'd rather pay a few quid each month for a worthwhile website so what size would you recommend?

I can also upgrade to an " ad free, premium e-mail account ". You know what's coming don't you ;D

What is an " ad free account "???

Lastly, what's the difference between a website ending in " .com " and one ending in " .co.uk " ?

I only ask because I can have the first one for £7.99 per year or the second one for £10.99 per every other year and don't know what the difference is between the two.

Many thanks for your help.

cleewindows

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2010, 08:22:33 pm »

matt

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2010, 08:23:52 pm »

The ad states that it's free for 500mb of space on a website and that I can add more pics, pages, etc for an additional £2.99 for 1gb, £4.99 for 2gb and £7.99 for 5gb. My problem is that I don't know how big these figures are; how many pages would I fit in 500mb, 1gb, etc???

500 mb is more then enough to put a window cleaning site on

cleewindows

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2010, 08:29:25 pm »
i never had any restrictions and just been on the site it says nothing about that,you get no adds and a proper website address for about £10 2 years.
www.officelive.com

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2010, 08:30:27 pm »

500 mb is more then enough to put a window cleaning site on

Agreed, my wife used officelive for her website. It has lots of pages with images on each & lots of text. She did it herself from having ZERO knowlage about websites! Quite impressive too. ;)

cleewindows

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2010, 08:31:31 pm »
i have 7 pages with pics on and doesnt cost me a penny mls!

jonnyald

Re: Vistaprint anyone??? New
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2010, 08:33:25 pm »
i can find no fault with vistaprint, my site of 3 pages is 7 quid a month.i believe 1 page is 3 quid  .  

as you say,you try it for 30 days free, just quit then and youve paid nothing at all  

p.s. the word " vistaprint" is Not in your domain title  ,as you see on my website

mlscontractcleaner

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2010, 08:36:22 pm »
Thanks all. Cleewindows, what's your e-mail address please; I just want a quick snoop before making my mind up - it's okay, I'm sure you're not working in Plymouth so we're not competing for the same work ;)

Rcs

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2010, 01:05:52 pm »
ive just set up a website to enhance my advertising for when we go to spain in the summer

used vistaprint
you get three choices gone for the second so i can use my own domain as i wanted a eu site

seemed fine
used own domain
altered text
uploaded pictures

it takes about 48 hrs to go live if you use you own domain

set mine up in about a hour last night

got a free month about 7 quid after that
got quotes of up to £400 quid for someone to do the same thing

i think its a good service

Bartosz

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2010, 01:19:25 pm »
Im using Vistaprint Highest package.... can upload shoping,paypal payments,guest book,documents ... a lot....
Its very easy to build everythink in just 1 hour. You can have Your own gallery.... plus I got email marketing for free.... and wath is so GOOD about vistaprint? Every day They offer me free products...I just have to pay for delivery.... Last time i got 250 buisnes cards 100 postcards and 50 brochures for FREE just had to pay 4£ for delivery :)
Vistaprint my first ever service but I will not change for any othere