This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mickeybok

Perseverance pays
« on: April 02, 2010, 07:42:41 pm »
Decided to become a WC a few weeks ago, bought some equipment, got some leaflets printed and Just completed my first days canvasing today and thought I would share the stats with all of you.

Began at 10am finished at 6.15 with a 1 hr break.

Houses canvased  260
In                           128
Out                         132

Responses

Got a wc                 72
Do myself                21
Straight No's           24
Maybe's                    6
Quoted for                5

Customers                3 - 2@£8each   1 @ £12    Total £28

Could I ask if these stats are ok, it seemed like a hell of a long day, it took almost 5 hours to get my first customer and I got the other 2 in the last hour. I was pleased with myself for Persevering as I could have quit on a few occassions and it was bitter cold out there.

South Coast Cleaning Services

Re: Perseverance pays
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 07:48:38 pm »
All comes down to hitting the right area mate, my canvasser has various days example he went out one day to a area and got me £173 of work in 4 hours of canvassing, on another day he went out for 8 hours and only got £47 of work,
Call back in a few days to the ones you quoted for to see if theyve made a decision.....

John Walker

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 07:49:20 pm »
Stick with it Mickey - it's a good start.

Obviously I don't know how you presented yourself but it's important that you turn up tidy and clean etc.  Smile and be polite at all times.

Good luck - I'm sure you wil increase take up as you gain experience.

John
BaxWalker Window Cleaning

bobplum

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 07:51:55 pm »
i did a bit last week just around the corner from me in 1 hour £21.00 worth of work went out next day -nothing
its a numbers game keep going
bob

Smudger

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2010, 07:54:30 pm »
Hey Mickey   - WELL DONE MATE!!  :D

it's a start, you now have 3 custy's and i think you are going about this completely the right way.

next time you go out you may get a yes on the very first house!!!

some days it's slow some days you can do no wrong,  and as you canvass more your pitch will imporve and be less nervous so in turn brings out a more confident sales pitch which leads to custy's.

are you letting people know you are new to w/c ing or just hitting them with 'Local professional w/c'  line.

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

mlscontractcleaner

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2010, 08:00:28 pm »
It's a funny thing door knocking; some times it's soul destroying and some times you don't want to go home 'cause it's going so well.

It's amazing how that first " Yes please " can perk you up and get you motivated again, even after hours of " No thanks ", and you hopefuly go on to add more and more to your book.

I like canvassing personally, but only when the weather's dry ;D
Come and talk dirty to us!!!

mickeybok

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2010, 08:08:42 pm »
Thanks for all the positives, I do realise it is a numbers game and I'm sure I will get better at it, but it can be soul destroying at times,  especially when your on a run of 'got a wc, thanks' which happend so many times today, I thought the whole area was well sewn up.
I went for the professional window cleaner approach rather than letting them know I am new to the game and I was well presented, clean and polite at all times.

prestige cleaners

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2010, 08:12:55 pm »
i hate canvassing, glad i dont have to do that anymore!

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2010, 08:17:28 pm »
When I use to do it myself I hit a area that must of been wc city canvassed from 10am till 6pm and only got £39 of work, jumped in the car feeling hacked off and made my way home,drove past a little road on my way home so stopped and canvassed it there was about 20 houses in there and I picked up 5 jobs totalling £75.....
Just keep going mate..... youll get there in the end.....Good luck  ;)

Smudger

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2010, 08:17:47 pm »
mickey -   that i feel is a good approach,  you will pick up others once people start seeing you in the street and rec's do start coming in thick and fast.

keep us updated on how its going!

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2010, 08:19:39 pm »
Mickey what area are you in?
Are you able to work Saturdays as this is a day others will see you....

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2010, 08:20:05 pm »
I'm quite impressed at the clear and logical way you presented the stats and think you'll do well.

It's like blind mans bluff, your hot, your cold, your getting hotter.This forum is now your best friend and if you search the back posts you can find most answers.

cleewindows

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2010, 08:34:40 pm »
i have a job in a new area in sunday,im going to knock the whole estate full of 4 and 5 bed detached houses,im going for it!
if i pick 3 up i will be happy,if i do that 10 days and pick 30 up i will be very happy.
£300 plus a month on top of the work im getting is good!

lee_dewing

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2010, 09:02:31 pm »
Mickeybok,

good luck to you and well done.

we have all been there.

i was never as brave as you and put out leaflets,

i bet when you start work on the jobs you've picked up, you'l have the neighbours who said NO and got w/c, asking you to do theirs ;)
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

mickeybok

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2010, 09:27:35 pm »
Im in the North East, Darlington, and I'll be cleaning the first 3 customers tomorrow morning and canvasing again in the afternoon, if I have time!
Before I started I set myself a target of 3 and a half customers a day from 200 houses at £12 per house, canvasing 5 days a week for 4 months. The biggest problem I will have is keeping myself motivated to do this day after day, but I intend to try. And before you all say I cant canvas everyday and do the work, as I get more work my Dad (retired) will be doing most of the canvasing for me.
Thanks again for the encouragment, I need it.

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2010, 09:34:41 pm »
yup keep knocking lad  ;D ;D
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

Rcs

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2010, 10:18:40 pm »
keep going im in my sixth month now still do 2 days leafleting a week growing slowly even thro the bad months

gr cleaning solutions

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2010, 10:25:27 pm »
Well done mickeybok dont look back i start this time last year working saturdays only now working full time

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2010, 10:29:10 pm »
Im in the North East, Darlington, and I'll be cleaning the first 3 customers tomorrow morning and canvasing again in the afternoon, if I have time!
Before I started I set myself a target of 3 and a half customers a day from 200 houses at £12 per house, canvasing 5 days a week for 4 months. The biggest problem I will have is keeping myself motivated to do this day after day, but I intend to try. And before you all say I cant canvas everyday and do the work, as I get more work my Dad (retired) will be doing most of the canvasing for me.
Thanks again for the encouragment, I need it.

I know it's a bit of a travel, I'm in north-northumberland but if you want to be shown the ropes by a Pro' ;) you're welcome to come up & I'll spend a couple of hours with you. If you're totally new to w/c'ing this may be beneficial to you. ;)

« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2010, 10:30:18 pm »
And don't forget, those three custys should stick with you.
So you are not starting from nothing next time you canvas, and it will grow every time you go out.
If you get fed up it might be worth thinking, right that's x per year