This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

drevitt

pump problems
« on: April 02, 2010, 03:01:04 pm »
hi, i have a pure freedom trolley system and got a new pump about 6 months ago but its packed in again, tried to get rid of air locks but nothing happened, can hear / feel pump rotating but no suction on hose that goes in tank, could this be anything to do with the pressure switch as i dont really know much about the tech side of things, or will i just need a new pump  ???
thanks guys

daz1977

Re: pump problems
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 03:32:29 pm »
take ur battery off and fully charge it, i had this problem the other week and bough a new pump worked for a week then packed in ,  turned out battery was just under what i need to run the pump, it was making all the noises just no suction,  charge battery over night till full then try again, 

drevitt

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 04:44:12 pm »
did that last night and tried this morning? anything else to try?

also cant get to pure freedom till later next week but was planning on doing some on monday tuesday, does anywhere else sell with quick delivery?
thanks

williamx

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 04:51:57 pm »
your battery could still be knackered, connect the battery charger to the pump instead if it works you need a new battery, if not then you have a problem with the pump.

It could be the pressure switch, to find out disconnect the pressure switch and connect the red wire from the punp to the battery, if it works its the pressure switch that needs changing.

Also if you have a strainer on the pump, this can become blocked with resin beads, take this off and check the pump again.

Finally it could be the pressure switch needs regulating, to check turn the pump on and disconnect the outlet hose from the pump, if the water start to flow again then you need to adjust the screw on the top of the pressure switch, you will need a allen key for this.

drevitt

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2010, 05:52:56 pm »
tried these and nothing still works looks like its a new pump do you think?

williamx

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2010, 06:08:24 pm »
You could also check take the plastic head off the pump and check to see if there is any blockage.

Also check that the hose does not have a kink.

finally suck on the outlet and see if you can siphon the water though.

If all fails then replace pump

Mike #1

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2010, 06:37:26 pm »
check hozelock stop end on your trolley mine the thing in the middle inside the fitting eventually becomes dis-lodged and prevents the water from pumping thourgh just switch for hose end rather than stop-end

drevitt

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2010, 08:20:39 pm »
tried all looks like new pump again
thanks for help, if anyone knows of any website selling them please let me know
thanks

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2010, 08:25:13 pm »
Just one thing, It's the only thing that's ever given me pump problems.

Algae in the strainer mesh. With my type of strainer you wouldn't know it was blocked unless you dismantle it & actually take the mesh out! From the outside it can look fine. The mesh is very, very fine & doesn't take much algae to totally block it thus preventing the pump pulling water through. I ended up decontaminating my whole system in january because of this.

Might be worth a try mate. ;)

Mike #1

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2010, 06:52:42 am »

Algae in the strainer mesh. With my type of strainer you wouldn't know it was blocked unless you dismantle it & actually take the mesh out! From the outside it can look fine. The mesh is very, very fine & doesn't take much algae to totally block it thus preventing the pump pulling water through. I ended up decontaminating my whole system in january because of this.

nice to know that mate will keep an eye on mine but never had any probs in over 2 yrs

Dave Willis

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2010, 07:59:41 am »
How old is the pump? If you take the top off you will be surprised at how simple the thing is. If you power it up and can see it rocking about then it's unlikely to have suddenly stopped pumping.

Check the simplest/cheapest options first ie blockages and restrictions and more usually an air lock. Make sure there is a freeflowing water supply and that the tank is vented.

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2010, 06:12:23 pm »

nice to know that mate will keep an eye on mine but never had any probs in over 2 yrs

I never had a problem for first 3 years but had it for the last 3 winters. Mind that milton fluid did the trick. ;)

drevitt

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2010, 06:26:00 pm »
just a quick update, i changed the diaphragm and water supply hose and it seems to be working again, so instead of a £75 pump it cost me just about £20.

thanks for your advice guys