Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Bob Robertson

Dragons Den
« on: April 01, 2010, 11:49:36 pm »
Just noticed that under the search term carpet cleaning on google, the cleaning company that Duncan Bannantyne bought into has appeared on the front page form nowhere. I check that search term every other day. They must be throwing big bucks at their web marketing.

http://www.ukcommercialcleaning.co.uk/carpet-cleaning.asp

Bob

Daria Taylor

Re: Dragons Den
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 11:55:49 pm »
yes they are doing very well them,i have recently noticed them in our area. never saw them on dragons den,but looking on their company profile they have done quiet well.

Just noticed that under the search term carpet cleaning on google, the cleaning company that Duncan Bannantyne bought into has appeared on the front page form nowhere. I check that search term every other day. They must be throwing big bucks at their web marketing.

http://www.ukcommercialcleaning.co.uk/carpet-cleaning.asp

Bob

paul rulton

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 12:01:52 am »
thats wot happens when you got money to throw at something or a dragon backing you  ;D

trevor perry

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 10:54:42 am »
i saw one of their men cleaning windows in grimsby it was a heavy pedestrian area he was using wfp with hoses led everywhere and not a safety cone to be seen he even leant his brush against the wall the wrong way wetting everyone that walked past. Also on the web page under pressure washing a picture of them carrying out work with no water proofs no goggles and again no safety cones but a full paragraph on the training they had, with what i have seen of them i wouldnt let them near a carpet of mine.
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

Barry Livingstone

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2010, 11:30:30 am »
Having worked for DB. he will be pushing these guys hard to get results.

Its great when you get a call from his PA......he must have forgot how to use the phone himself..
Carpet, Upholstery cleaning & hard floor cleaning.
                     Fife, perth and tayside.

garry22

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2010, 12:50:25 pm »
They are not really going after carpet cleaning yet. If I was A commercial window cleaner in the Northwest, I'd be concerned.

I just did a backlinks check. They have about 700 (which means there are actually a lot more). Their web people a/ know what they are doing and b/ are a bit naughty.

I can't up;oad the report but I can show a couple of screenshots...

Doh.... How do I upload images?

Garry

garry22

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2010, 01:00:36 pm »
Here they are..

garry22

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2010, 01:05:01 pm »
Or if you do end of tenancy cleans in Newcastle, Sunderland, Leeds or London, they are targeting those terms

Daria Taylor

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2010, 03:32:59 pm »
i dont understand why the origional urls are completelly different to their website domain?
could you explain plese because we do end if tenancy cleans in leeds area,

regards
dash t

Daria Taylor

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2010, 03:34:46 pm »
oh i get it so they just created alot of inbond links and naming them under the services they are targeting?

dash t

garry22

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2010, 11:27:30 am »
Sorry, I did not explain it very well.

This is what we mean when we talk about off page factors

Column one is the website where the link comes from. A lot of these have high Page Rank.

Column 2 is the actual title of the page where the link is placed.

Column 3 is the Anchor text of the link (normally the blue underlined text link). Search engines use this to determine what the page is about.

If that page has alot of incoming links referring to EOT Leeds, then that page is going to rank really highly.

The thing is that all analysis tools do not show exact figures (normally a lot less) so there could be a lot more.

Hope that helps,

Garry

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2010, 01:56:42 pm »
All Duncan would need o do is tak to Peter.

But these guys do throw big bucks at marketing companies they are involved in

Watched one the other day where a Lady wanted Money for an Experience Company

Peter and Louis bought Away Days off the orgional Lady Dragon who went bust

My point is they said they had a massive promotional Budget but still found it hard to get return.

With Big players like this moving into our Market we need to watch out.

.The objectve stated on Dragons Den was to be biggest player in UK market

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2010, 04:39:53 pm »

Not in Bannantynes lifetime they won't be.
I think they've forgotten about the size of OCS for starters, and for the amount of money they would have to throw at the industry upfront, he'll never recoup that sort of money in 20 years never mind 100.
You can back this up with the prices they are charging, which when the programme went out, they were charging at about 50% below what others were charging.

terrymaloy

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2010, 05:13:54 pm »
These guys from UK Commercial Cleaning have their Head Office a stones throw from where I live !
Their office is actually a unit on an industrial estate. To be fair, they are a couple of young, go getter types with an ambitious streak.
I remember when they set up in Washington and I took partcular attention because they also did carpet cleaning !

I watched the show and was quite impressed with their determination and drive. They certainly impressed Mr Bannatyne...he's ploughed thosands of his own money into promoting them nationally !

To sum up, I dont think us local carpet cleaners need fear too much.
Like I say, these guys operate 1 mile from where I live and my takings are up year on year....the downside is I'll probably never be stinking rich like these guys...unless of course Mr Bannatyne fancies lending me a few bob too  ;D

jasonl

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2010, 06:51:58 pm »

Not in Bannantynes lifetime they won't be.
I think they've forgotten about the size of OCS for starters, and for the amount of money they would have to throw at the industry upfront, he'll never recoup that sort of money in 20 years never mind 100.
You can back this up with the prices they are charging, which when the programme went out, they were charging at about 50% below what others were charging.

Yu will find them buying/merging to grow, that is how they will achieve thier aims ,, a lot of the big firms are carrying massive debt right now , eg rentokil initial , they will raise cash by selling off  divisions.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Andrew Briscoe

« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2010, 07:00:28 pm »
I had a few letters of interest to purchase my contract cleaning division last year,
seems to happen in a recession, maybe get contracts as you say from those struggling,
on the cheap.

Andrew

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2010, 09:01:18 pm »
To grow fast they must be enthusiastic and cheap to under cut the original contractor, Duncan Banatynne will be using them to clean his health clubs for free so he'll get his money (he's a Scotsman they're a thrifty lot)

Shaun

ianharper

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2010, 08:53:23 am »
I worked for OCS as a manager and the way they get business is they buy the company that has the contracts they want

great way to build your business as you have much less risk and bankable roi

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2010, 10:12:42 am »
It's a good business model if you are buying a business with contracted customers, as carpet cleaners we don't have this unless you have maintenance plans.

We bought an existing business (dry cleaners) and the custoers were already there which aids loads with cash flow and allowing us to grow faster.

Shaun

Andrew Briscoe

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2010, 10:21:28 am »
Shaun, we have 3 launderettes ( 1 about to close ) and 1 dry cleaning company, Sunlight.
Sunlight used to employ a lot of staff, now they just have a distribution centre. They ship it elsewhere to be cleaned, i picked up a lot of curtain cleaning from the hotels, as it got expensive, they where quoting over 100 for a small pair of curtains  :o, i went in at 60 quid and got 30 rooms to do  :D

What do you use in the machines which makes it Dry Clean ?

Andrew