Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

AuRavelling79

Re: A WARNING TO ALL
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2010, 08:30:20 pm »
But in Simon Knight's examples - if caught - the shoplifter would be prosecuted and the insurance scammer penalised or reported to the Police.

The original poster has told us he is sure he has not caused the damage and if that is so (along with the unusual interest in his insurance details and his not being paid upon completion) then he is out to the tune of £70 and it doesn't feel like a genuine misunderstanding.

Morally he feels he is £70 down and has been scammed and if he wants to press the matter or get a commensurate amount of pleasure at the scammer's expense then I say that is his prerogative.

In the cold light of day he would probably have lower blood pressure to walk away after doing what he can legally. But he might be the sort that develops indigestion if he does nothing. (I know of a guy who knocked me years ago for £16 and it still rankles when i work in his road, but I have chosen to walk away from it.)

If he chooses to put notices in neighbours' letterboxes  and is prepared to take any ongoing consequences that doing so might bring than that is his call.

I appreciate his warning, thanks.
It's a game of three halves!

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2010, 08:35:24 pm »
But in Simon Knight's examples - if caught - the shoplifter would be prosecuted and the insurance scammer penalised or reported to the Police.

The original poster has told us he is sure he has not caused the damage and if that is so (along with the unusual interest in his insurance details and his not being paid upon completion) then he is out to the tune of £70 and it doesn't feel like a genuine misunderstanding.

Morally he feels he is £70 down and has been scammed and if he wants to press the matter or get a commensurate amount of pleasure at the scammer's expense then I say that is his prerogative.

In the cold light of day he would probably have lower blood pressure to walk away after doing what he can legally. But he might be the sort that develops indigestion if he does nothing. (I know of a guy who knocked me years ago for £16 and it still rankles when i work in his road, but I have chosen to walk away from it.)

If he chooses to put notices in neighbours' letterboxes  and is prepared to take any ongoing consequences that doing so might bring than that is his call.

I appreciate his warning, thanks.

I'm gonna have simon knight do all my window cleaning from now on! ;D

babs2020

« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2010, 08:43:55 pm »
i like the sound of gbh

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2010, 09:07:47 pm »
I think he did scratch the window.

Not really. ;D

sunshine windows

« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2010, 09:24:42 pm »
Trust you Squeaky. lol
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

mr D

« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2010, 10:04:07 pm »
I wouldn't mess around with all that and I'm pretty sure neither would you lot.

Just knock him out on his own drive way and walk away. Well worth £70.

Just don't get seen.

Craig 72

« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2010, 10:04:49 pm »
I have to agree with a lot of Simon Knights sentiments on this one.I'm still a relative newbie,been cleaning about a year,but even in my time people have tried their luck.If a customer is that much of a tosspot they don't pay up,in all honesty,what can we do?Surely if anyone went down the road of legal proceedings all the customer will say is that they were'nt happy with the service.Nobody signs a contract.I've been knocked for by a couple of customers by 20 or 30 quid but there are enough customers who are great to not lose too much sleep over it.Bloody annoying and frustrating though admittedly.A mate of mine is a builder and a customer refused to pay him thousands for a job he did.Some people are just idiots who chance their arm at any opportunity.

simon knight

« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2010, 08:06:53 am »

Mogsy

If you found my post rude then I'm sorry, but here's the way I see it:

I've been reading this forum for years and always so many members bang on about sign written vans, uniforms, state of the art pole systems, business cards, NVQs, licensing etc....basically anything to make the industry more professional and get away from the perceived image that we're all dole monkeys earning a bit on the side.

I absolutely agree that the industry is long overdue a make-over and a new and better image.

Then I read that when somebody is faced with a bad debt it's perfectly acceptable to resort to cheap spiteful gutter tactics in order to "get revenge".

These tactics go a long way to undo the "professional" image we're trying to attain.

Frankly I find the display of double-standards breathtaking.

« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2010, 08:42:00 am »
I bet the birds are happy after you`ve been. ::)

newbie!!!! you learn these tricks after you have been doing this job a while.... :P

I take it that you are joking about doing this  ???

bluez

« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2010, 04:33:08 pm »
Classified:
Wanted urgentlya sense of humour, ideally an experienced one as new owner will be unable to train due to humour deficit. Cash waiting or would part exchange professional window cleaning image lovingly built up over year on ciu. Contact Simon Knight ho ho ho ;D
hi

daz1977

« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2010, 04:37:02 pm »
if you really want to aonny them,  in the night turn off there water at the stop cock in the street, has to be off there property as that way the water board can turn it off with out entering ther property and pour qucik drying cement in there,  by the time they notice it is set, and cost them at least 500 to get it fixed as water board wont fix it as its not there problem

daz1977

« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2010, 04:44:45 pm »
i bought the web names, and was planning on getting the sites up and running,  but in till then was getting a page off window washer so got them pointed to that, just not got around to it yet

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2010, 08:09:01 pm »
 ;DYes and brake fluid on his  car with kippers under the bonnet and dont forget the key down the side of it been there and done it I hate these people that try to screw up normal class working people :P name and shame!
WWW.FASTESTWINDOWCLEANER.CO.UK
GUINNESS WORLD RECORD HOLDER
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF MASTER WINDOW CLEANERS.

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2010, 08:14:34 pm »
The best prank I ever seen was a friend of mine who was in the RAF at the time. His mates poured flour into the heater vents in his car then cleared any traces up after. They then pointed them all to the driver's seat & turned the blower on to full!!

He got in his car & turned on the ignition!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Classic!

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2010, 08:16:16 pm »
 ;D nice one ;D
WWW.FASTESTWINDOWCLEANER.CO.UK
GUINNESS WORLD RECORD HOLDER
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF MASTER WINDOW CLEANERS.

Ian Mason

« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2010, 08:26:15 pm »
Lol, ;D

This is a bit different, but a friend of friend went to one of these zoo`s that you can drive through, & thought it would be fun to put banana milkshake in his windscreen washer reservoir, to try & attract the monkeys for his kids, but it seemed to wind the monkeys up & they trashed his car by wripping the windscreen wipers off. ;D

Jack Wallace

« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2010, 01:32:45 pm »
A couple of weeks ago I was berated on here for calling one of my customers a muppet for sending me payment with no name, I was told it makes us look bad to our customers for bad mouthing them.
And yet openly on here people are prepared to suggest ways to break the law, vandalise property, and deceive customers.
I am with Simon Knight on this one,  You lot should be ashamed of yourselves.
Terry, what the hell are you thinking? YOU are the face of window cleaning. Last week you were worried in case the press got hold of some guy who challenges your crown and gives you “bad press” yet here on an OPEN forum you suggest  “brake fluid on his  car with kippers under the bonnet and dont forget the key down the side”
Sorry mate but please don’t tell the press you represent ALL window cleaners coz I for one don’t want someone like you as my flag waver.
I do not agree with what this customer has done, he deserves to be dealt with. But in the correct way and in a professional manner.
It would seem this industry has a very long way to go before it is out of the gutter.

prestige cleaners

« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2010, 01:44:41 pm »
jack were only joking about these reactions, you dont think we would seriously do these things do you?

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2010, 03:34:10 pm »
A couple of weeks ago I was berated on here for calling one of my customers a muppet for sending me payment with no name, I was told it makes us look bad to our customers for bad mouthing them.
And yet openly on here people are prepared to suggest ways to break the law, vandalise property, and deceive customers.
I am with Simon Knight on this one,  You lot should be ashamed of yourselves.
Terry, what the hell are you thinking? YOU are the face of window cleaning. Last week you were worried in case the press got hold of some guy who challenges your crown and gives you “bad press” yet here on an OPEN forum you suggest  “brake fluid on his  car with kippers under the bonnet and dont forget the key down the side”
Sorry mate but please don’t tell the press you represent ALL window cleaners coz I for one don’t want someone like you as my flag waver.
I do not agree with what this customer has done, he deserves to be dealt with. But in the correct way and in a professional manner.
It would seem this industry has a very long way to go before it is out of the gutter.

Gutter cleaning is an additional service that I charge a premium for.

Simon.

Jack Wallace

« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2010, 03:57:33 pm »
;DYes and brake fluid on his  car with kippers under the bonnet and dont forget the key down the side of it been there and done it I hate these people that try to screw up normal class working people :P name and shame!

So you call statements like this a generalization?
This is a blatant admission of breaking the law by vandalising people’s property, by someone who is OUR spokes person to the media.
What you do under cover of darkness is one thing, but to brag about it is stupid.
And in answer to your question, No I did not have a personality bypass. Its fully in place alongside my conscience and my sense of decency and pride.