This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

cleewindows

Re: Carbon telescopics - be careful
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2010, 11:02:19 am »
leave the pole as itis and call gardiners and explain your not happy and you want a new one!

Paul Coleman

« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2010, 03:11:35 pm »
mine is wearing.will a fishing shop have something more suitable to lubricate with? I tried putting the hose externally,but it drove me mad flapping about and kept coming undone at the t piece supplying the brush head

Yes I had forgotten about the pole hose regularly coming adrift from the Y piece.  I resolved that by using a slightly fatter pole hose and pusing it further onto the barb of the  piece.  I got it from B and Q.  It still comes adrift very occasionally (once per week or less) but that's no problem.  Yes I agree that there is more scope for getting in a tangle with external pole hose.  Weighing everything up, I have decided that extra tangles is an acceptable trade off for reduced pole wear.  Not everybody would agree.  It just depends on what you're prepared to tolerate.

lawrence sacharuk

« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2010, 03:52:22 am »
Hello ..... I have a proven new business that is coming to the uk.... My company repairs carbon products like new...... a little damaged or broken in two.............  lwsach@gmail.com........................regards   lw..

steve a

« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2010, 08:28:06 am »
What's with the need for knots and tape. Just zip a zip tie round the top to hold the hose in place.

mine is wearing.will a fishing shop have something more suitable to lubricate with? I tried putting the hose externally,but it drove me mad flapping about and kept coming undone at the t piece supplying the brush head

Yes I had forgotten about the pole hose regularly coming adrift from the Y piece.  I resolved that by using a slightly fatter pole hose and pusing it further onto the barb of the  piece.  I got it from B and Q.  It still comes adrift very occasionally (once per week or less) but that's no problem.  Yes I agree that there is more scope for getting in a tangle with external pole hose.  Weighing everything up, I have decided that extra tangles is an acceptable trade off for reduced pole wear.  Not everybody would agree.  It just depends on what you're prepared to tolerate.

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2010, 10:04:15 am »
Why is it some people are showing wear on the SLX and others arent?
is the wear due to having the hose inside the pole? I really think not, otherwise there would be more people having this problem.

Matt
Reaching parts traditional window cleaners can not reach.