This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jays Window Cleaning

Re: Search Engine Optimization
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2010, 08:39:27 pm »
stu mac do you have a website as i can only see you in first place on maps. Google maps is always changing you dont always stay at the top google maps gives others a chance too .

clee second from the bottom on the first page and first on google maps.

Jay

Bartosz

« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2010, 08:42:43 pm »
ok guys how did U get that 1st page position?

mci services

« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2010, 08:43:03 pm »
yes jay i should be first or second depending on the search. i know google maps rotate the listings

mci services

« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2010, 08:44:24 pm »
lol just seen matts search ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

mci services

« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2010, 08:46:50 pm »

no idea mate sorry, i just built the site and registered with google

cleewindows

« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2010, 08:50:16 pm »
get on every site you can for nothing.
register with google
yell touchlocal and anything you see other window cleaners in.
bt tradespace aswell
ebay.
it takes time but not hard and doesnt cost a penny ;D ;D

Jays Window Cleaning

« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2010, 08:54:18 pm »
stu mac second on in my seach. nice site  :o

jay

s.w.c

« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2010, 08:55:24 pm »
MB Window Cleaning check your email address

« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2010, 09:01:42 pm »
get on every site you can for nothing.
register with google
yell touchlocal and anything you see other window cleaners in.
bt tradespace aswell
ebay.
it takes time but not hard and doesnt cost a penny ;D ;D

Go here. http://www.google.com/local/add Click through and register.

Two weeks later, you're there very near the top. And Clee's right. Doesn't cost a penny.

s.w.c

« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2010, 08:28:55 pm »
MB Window Cleaning check your email address again

« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2010, 11:04:27 pm »
Directories are never quite that simple.

They mainly depend on how many editors they have working before a site registers on the directory.

They can take up to 6 months and if you tire of waiting and re-submit they may view you as spamming and not list you at all.

Assuming you're going to be listed in two weeks, well, it just isnt going to happen.

If you google window cleaner yourtown you will find, right at the top and very prominent, a list of window cleaners who have registered with google local business.

If you type in window cleaner pershore, you will find that I come first. Clicking on my name takes you directly to my web site.

And it didn't cost me a penny.

People who don't register don't get a listing. It's a small enough investment of 20 minutes work.

So what if it takes six months? (Although it doesn't. It takes about two weeks.) Whist you're wondering who to give your £299 to for no guaranteed results, Google will do it for free and it's pretty much guaranteed.

It's there for the taking ... or leaving.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2010, 11:07:58 pm »
I once got a personal web page to the top of some search engines.  This was before Google was around.  I think they were something like Yahoo, Altavista, Excite and others.
All I did was have some weird word like "fgytrpo" in the text and searched on that  ;D .
I just did it for the crack to see if it would work - and it did.

cleewindows

« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2010, 11:24:43 pm »
oohhhhh you bitch c and b  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
thanks m8! ;D

cool c and b the other firm is my brothers ;D

yes clee your 1st on google maps and about halfway down the page for your site listing

;D ;D ;D ;D

david_woods_window

« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2010, 07:53:00 am »
how do you remove listings from google as i have 2 old phone numbers still come up with google i want to remove

« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2010, 09:32:21 am »
how do you remove listings from google as i have 2 old phone numbers still come up with google i want to remove

Just log in to your business centre page and you'll get to a page where you can edit, add or delete information.

david wood

« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2010, 09:49:51 am »
thanks but tryed that it only lets me edit my new info i must of used old email and paswords for older info and googles the only site where they have no contact number to talk to them

AJ

« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2010, 04:34:01 pm »
Have any of you used a SEO company successfully??

I need my windowcleaning site tweeked in a few areas plus i need someone to optimize my girlfriends and mothers site.
I have been talking to loads of companies good and bad , very very expensive ones and ones really cheap but i dont have the confidence to go with any of them without a decent reccomendation , anyone got any recco's??

You have a few mistakes in your code.

There are end tags /> in your meta tags (title, description, keyword) before the end of the line, so they will not not be read beyond that tag.

find another website go to 'view' then 'source' or 'page source'. this will bring up the sites code so you can see what the tags should look like.

karl christopherse

« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2010, 11:53:24 am »
i'm no.1 on google, it's all about parting with some cash. No-one puts a billboard up on the main street for free do they? But your local rag will gladly take your hard earned cash for next to no return. Spend your money wisely, 'SEO for dummies' is like me learning nuclear physics in my bedroom....it won't go well. Leave it to the experts, we clean windows better than them and they do web building better than us.
END OF STORY

cleewindows

« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2010, 11:56:48 am »
your webpage doesnt work  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

i'm no.1 on google, it's all about parting with some cash. No-one puts a billboard up on the main street for free do they? But your local rag will gladly take your hard earned cash for next to no return. Spend your money wisely, 'SEO for dummies' is like me learning nuclear physics in my bedroom....it won't go well. Leave it to the experts, we clean windows better than them and they do web building better than us.
END OF STORY