This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Rogue Trader

Search Engine Optimization
« on: March 30, 2010, 04:58:46 pm »
Have any of you used a SEO company successfully??

I need my windowcleaning site tweeked in a few areas plus i need someone to optimize my girlfriends and mothers site.
I have been talking to loads of companies good and bad , very very expensive ones and ones really cheap but i dont have the confidence to go with any of them without a decent reccomendation , anyone got any recco's??

idealrob

Re: Search Engine Optimization
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 05:02:21 pm »
Buy the book by the Seo Expert, David Viney, How to get to the top of Google.
Its fantastic and under £15

idealrob

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 05:24:09 pm »
Have any of you used a SEO company successfully??

I need my windowcleaning site tweeked in a few areas plus i need someone to optimize my girlfriends and mothers site.
I have been talking to loads of companies good and bad , very very expensive ones and ones really cheap but i dont have the confidence to go with any of them without a decent reccomendation , anyone got any recco's??
try window washers hes sound n cheap enuf
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

Rogue Trader

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010, 05:25:07 pm »
i got seo for dummies but i must be a real dummie cos it is a real challenging read!!

I have already googled it and spoken to quite a few companies but i am looking for reccommendations for a good cheap SEO company....... :)

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2010, 05:26:11 pm »
told u try window washers just google that
then ring him , he sometimes on ere
v/sound guy
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2010, 07:01:52 pm »
Matt I was contacted today by vertigo site solutions. they told me they could guarantee my website to be on page one on google, msn, aol and lycos.
£299 plus vat is what they are asking for.
I am opening an eshop within the next few days and it might be a good idea to use one to get the shop website up on page one nationally, they told me that would cost approximately £1200 plus VAT for 12 months.

Matt
Reaching parts traditional window cleaners can not reach.

idealrob

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2010, 09:26:09 pm »
I think nearly all who promise first page on google are con firms, have you googled the firm that quoted you the fee ans see wether it comes up  with many moning customers.
They ring us all the time and we are first page on google for most and even number 1 in world on certain phrases.
I usally find they get you number one on a stuped phrase.

idealrob

idealrob

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2010, 09:46:55 pm »
As i said con artists, a stones throw away from my business premises, most of there site is in flash, which google does not like and here are the following quotes from dissatisfied cutomers. Years ago we got con artists for business  have just taken a call from VERTIGO SITE SOLUTIONS !!!
TOTAL SEO SCAMMERS!
the number that called me was 01642 913558 - Lindsey -
not in the habbit of posting about people but she has completely wound me up !
called through claiming my details had been sent to her to list in google? alarm bells straightaway ! why ? to get my site on the search engines? me- what are you to do with google? we local online search engine consultants and run various different directories such as businessretriver ??? never heard of you or your company - phone goes down !
so im curious now - I take a look at their site - what a bloody joke ! we have been in business since 2004 ! hmmmmmm!! check the whois register and you will see that the domain was only registered in the name of David Ryder on the 28/08/2008 ! not quite 2004 is it now ! and look at their attempts of so called - SEO ! What an absolute joke ! their own site is fully written in flash with the domain not changing when each page is accessed , their site takes an age to load ! they mention nothing about how they achieve the rankings desired that get you on the search engines !!!
I am sick to death of taking sales calls from un-educated sales people trying to waffle and baffel us law abiding business owners into parting with our hard earned cash. Vertigo site solutions is just another example of how this market is and has headed - its the new time share quick buck - take your hard earned cash and do a very poor job. I have been stung by a firm back in 2003 called bo-mac if anyone recalls them??? again like vertigo site solutions seem to do - promised me all the world for 400 and delievered absolutely nothing other than total black hat SEO - I have now taken it upon myself to attend chichester Uni to do a course in design and creation a few years back ! this has made clear the understanding of how sites get into search engines and what keeps them up their- I suggest vertigo site solutions get themselves on this course ! this way they could hopefully salvage their name and reputation before it gets too late!
plus your directory review about vertigo site solutions is your own ! clearly ! as vertigo group are vertigo site solutions who own that domain and the new directory. reduction, then diary for police, fire brigade schools etc, now its SEO

Yes also just received a call from this lot. Explained that we were call preference but got some very vague explanation about how we requested that they call them! Total rubbish. Usual nonsense over how they could optimise us on to Google first page
 have just again been on the receiving end of this lot! Back last year I was swindled into trying them out for a year ! I got zero response from this and zero results ! They got my info from ufindus / customer street I already had this service with them - albeit more expensive than what vertigo site solutions charged me - but did me ok with what I had, I was lurved into them by these fantastic results promised all for £150 per year! money down the drain, my positions (since they butchered my site my husband is shouting)  were a lot worse and I lost my slot on ufindus because I cancelled ! complete waste of time, full of false promises and lies. Again just received a call from their cold calling people to tell me they can get me first on google - Im already with you I replied ! a very un-feasable excuse was made accomponied by a swift exit. How can they try and sell me something I already have ?? Dont waste your money or time steer clear

I have had many dealings with this outfit "vertigo Site (or should i say sh*te) solutions" after they cold called me claiming my details were passed over to them, foolishly i let the salesman (alex or alec) talk me into parting with £200 to get higher prominance on google and other results, as yet almost 7 months down the line i am still not found on the major search engines ! what does amuse me though is when you call up and you speak with one of their helpline staff the person that sold you the account is always on the phone or in a meeting, it sounds like its a circus driven business who have absolute no regard for their customers (and probably the poor sods they employ selling the service). Then around november an "ex employee " he claimed to be also did a cold call stint on me saying that the service that i have with them was a rip off and i could of actually installed the keytags (some jargon used) my self for free (should i have known how to do this) and he would correct their in-adequate work for £100 - well - he was told where to shove his £100 and I hurried him off the telephone. Why do I always fall victim to this kind of rogue selling. If its not business directories calling claiming to renew my subscription to a directory I didnt know i was involved with it people like vertigo site solutions selling me something that 1 - has not worked and 2 - i could of done my self for free aledgedly.!

http://phoneowner.info/Number.aspx/01642913558

idealrob

"

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2010, 10:06:42 pm »
Thanks Rob, I have been giving it some thought as well and I am going with Ian (Window Washers).

Matt
Reaching parts traditional window cleaners can not reach.

idealrob

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2010, 10:22:55 pm »
hi Matt, great news, at least you can trust Ian. its a shame today what goes on, we got conned but only £50 as managed to stop other payments. Lesson learnt

idealrob

cleewindows

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2010, 10:42:24 pm »
im not sure how it all works really but if i put window cleaner plus my area im on the first page of google about 7 out of the top 10! ;D

idealrob

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2010, 08:12:05 pm »
im not sure how it all works really but if i put window cleaner plus my area im on the first page of google about 7 out of the top 10! ;D

sometimes the cookies on your computer make it look like that, where are you based & what are you called
Might be correct, but allways try on different computer

idealrob

cleewindows

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2010, 08:19:28 pm »
yes ive checked and i am!

mci services

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2010, 08:26:33 pm »
really and ive been under the impression i am ranking well on google

can somebody google window cleaner falkirk or window cleaning falkirk

and let me know if mci services is there thanks

cleewindows

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2010, 08:29:26 pm »
yes it there m8 a couple of times but is 2nd behind touchlocal

cleewindows

« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2010, 08:31:32 pm »
ok can someone check mine please
cleethorpes window cleaner
cleaner brighter window cleaners should have ebay adds aswell as a few sites aswell as mine

mci services

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2010, 08:32:08 pm »
yes it there m8 a couple of times but is 2nd behind touchlocal

thanks mate thats good enough for me

mci services

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2010, 08:36:17 pm »
cool c and b the other firm is my brothers ;D

yes clee your 1st on google maps and about halfway down the page for your site listing

cleewindows

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2010, 08:38:44 pm »
thanks m8! ;D

cool c and b the other firm is my brothers ;D

yes clee your 1st on google maps and about halfway down the page for your site listing

Bartosz

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2010, 08:39:14 pm »
I got same problem... all those companys charge a lot of money... Can some1 recomend good and not expensive?