Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Gav Camm lammy 283

renault trafic
« on: March 28, 2010, 11:41:28 pm »
well iv bit the bullet lashed out 2.5k on a
2nd hand trafic swb low roof etc gonna av a tear
in ma eye when the corsa combo goes i can tell u
but hey more room better looking more professional
only hope its as reliable !!!!!!
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

Gav Camm lammy 283

Re: renault trafic
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 12:32:54 am »
no opinions  ??? ???

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 01:22:26 am »
only me then boys  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

R W C™

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 07:25:21 am »
only me then boys  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Maybe theres no one on the forum at those times that has one..... ;D

Ive got one and love it, just like driving a car...

Paul Coleman

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2010, 08:41:43 am »
well iv bit the bullet lashed out 2.5k on a
2nd hand trafic swb low roof etc gonna av a tear
in ma eye when the corsa combo goes i can tell u
but hey more room better looking more professional
only hope its as reliable !!!!!!

Trafic are OK so long as the gearbox doesn't pack up on you.  I understand they were modified from 55 plate onwards.  Before that, water used to get in underneath and cause rust just inside the box which caused a bearing to wear too early.  So it's not a load carrying issue - it's about corrosion.

poole bay

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2010, 09:05:57 am »
lets hope its not a dc1 100 and it dont matter about reg all it will be is £££££££££££ trust me its happend to me and ongoing regards carl...

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2010, 12:11:46 pm »
thanks for replys  ;D

Ste M

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2010, 12:20:01 pm »
hope you have very very deep pockets lammy, very costly to fix and they always go wrong, only thing the french are good at is making crap vans ;D

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2010, 12:29:07 pm »
dont be making me ill ste got an excellent
diesel fitter m8 ov mine cheap reliable n a gud m8  ;D ;D

Ste M

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2010, 12:46:59 pm »
i hope he isnt busy then. he will be though once you get your traffic. you know why there called traffic dont you? its cos they always cause traffic jams due to being broken down. get it sign written lammy and it will be like one of those advertising boards at the side of the road ;D

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2010, 01:14:17 pm »
yr making me destrort :o :o :o

Ste M

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2010, 01:19:58 pm »
its ok lammy, one of the members on here is on his last legs, me and tosh will be taking his gear off him in his will, we will sell you his van for a very good price ;)

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2010, 01:33:18 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D as long as in gets me up liverpool
on them money estates lol

Ste M

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2010, 01:38:52 pm »
STAY OFF MY PATCH YOU, the estates i do are nice and posh so riff raff like you wont get on them haha ;D

Paul Coleman

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2010, 02:32:19 pm »
lets hope its not a dc1 100 and it dont matter about reg all it will be is £££££££££££ trust me its happend to me and ongoing regards carl...

Mine's a dc100 LOL.
Apart from the gearbox that was replaced just inside the warranty, the costs have been acceptable.  There was a big bill on one service but that included a cambelt change, steering pump, and engine mounting.  Also, the clutch needed replacing around 75,000 miles for about £600 and recently, there was a bit of work needed on steering and suspension to get through the MOT.
Putting in perspective, with the stuff I've listed and a few other bits, the cost of repairs has been about 2 and a half grand spread over 4 and a half years (it was nearly 3 years old when I bought it).  Obviously it would have been much higher if the gearbox had lasted a few more weeks and became a non warranty item.  That 2 and a half grand excludes basic service charges but includes 2 pairs of brake discs.  Spreading it over the years that's probably not too bad for what was a second hand van that is often loaded within 100kg of its payload if you think of it as 600 a year in repairs - some of which would be regarded as normal wear and tear anyway.  Vans of this size generally do cost more to run than smaller vehicles.  Mind you, it's now done 82,000 and I can't afford to replace so hopefully it will do for a few more years without costing too much more than that year on year.

gordonswindows

« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2010, 02:56:38 pm »
Should have bought a ford
C'est la vie lol
Don't Give Up
@askforthemoney

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2010, 05:03:45 pm »

Mine's a dc100 LOL.
Apart from the gearbox that was replaced just inside the warranty, the costs have been acceptable.  There was a big bill on one service but that included a cambelt change, steering pump, and engine mounting.  Also, the clutch needed replacing around 75,000 miles for about £600 and recently, there was a bit of work needed on steering and suspension to get through the MOT.
Putting in perspective, with the stuff I've listed and a few other bits, the cost of repairs has been about 2 and a half grand spread over 4 and a half years (it was nearly 3 years old when I bought it).  Obviously it would have been much higher if the gearbox had lasted a few more weeks and became a non warranty item.  That 2 and a half grand excludes basic service charges but includes 2 pairs of brake discs.  Spreading it over the years that's probably not too bad for what was a second hand van that is often loaded within 100kg of its payload if you think of it as 600 a year in repairs - some of which would be regarded as normal wear and tear anyway.  Vans of this size generally do cost more to run than smaller vehicles.  Mind you, it's now done 82,000 and I can't afford to replace so hopefully it will do for a few more years without costing too much more than that year on year.
omg think i may ov brought rashly  :o :o :o

Paul Coleman

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2010, 05:40:01 pm »

Mine's a dc100 LOL.

Not necessarily.  £600 a year plus servicing isn't too terrible for a load carrier.  Of course that average may increase if there are any large repairs looming.  Bear in mind that clutch and cambelt are fiddly repairs on these vans so they do cost.  I've had smaller vans and they did cost much less to run but they would have been too small for WFP.
Having said that, I doubt that I would buy another Trafic/Vivaro/Primastar.  Even though the gearbox issue was meant to have been resolved around the 55 plate, I just don't have the trust in them that I would like to have.  I guess that's what a gearbox failure in the first few weeks of ownership can do to you.  Whenever the gearbox sounds a little whiney (usually when cold) or whenever it's a bit stiff getting it into 1st or reverse, I just wonder if it's about to fail soon.  Just one reason why I would like my next van to be a new one - whatever the make.

Ste M

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2010, 05:42:56 pm »

Mine's a dc100 LOL.

cant you pull out of it lammy?

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2010, 05:49:05 pm »
gona get ma diesel fitter give it a gud going over m8
on his head be it lol lovely looking van though  ::) ::)