Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mark_roberts

Re: Back problems
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2010, 12:06:15 am »
Robert

Did you see this guy or read his book?

No offence but its like Joe Polish for back problems.  His type of marketing dosent instill much confidence IMO but I am open to new ideas.

Mark

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2010, 12:14:05 am »
I am just 1 year and 23 days behind you Dave.

Joe whats your get out plan

Joe H

« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2010, 07:54:30 am »
I am not going yet Ian!   hopefully another 4 years yet.

No strong get out plan.
What my business will be worth on the carpet cleaning side will not be mush.
I have no commercial contracts, no maintenance plans, not got a massive customer base as I have only been serious about c/c for the last few years.
So will sell my stuff basically.

The other side of the business, domestic cleaning, may bring in a few thou - nothing big.

State pension at 65, 2 years 1 month away, and private pension at the same time from when I left North West Water (United Utilities to the young wippersnappers).

The Great One

« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2010, 11:57:53 am »
Hi

Had a prolapsed L5 disc in march 1999. Spent 6 weeks on the floor, took 500 cocodamol painkillers and crawled everywhere.

Finally got semi upright but my muscles were paralysed down the right side where the fluid had leaked onto my nerves.

Tried physio but after 15 sessions not much improved. Went for deep tissue massage which is when things really started to improve, did that for a year, 2 sessions a week, Started swimming and doing exercises in the water, started with 5 lenghts of a 15 metre pool, within a month was doing 100, had twinges over the years but since I started doing power movements in the gym it has really improved my back and have been pain free with no issues for a few years now.

Something that helped more than anything in the weeks after getting upright was Ginger 500mg capsules, this stuff really, really helped, it's a powerful anti inflammatory.

Regards

Martin 8)

Dave_Lee

« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2010, 04:42:26 pm »
So many varying causes of back problems, it really is a case of what works for you.
A customer in her late 60's, that I go to at least once a year, developed a bad back. A year later she could hardly move around the house and had to sit in a certain position to get any relief from the pain. She was under the care of a private consultant etc etc, and was told it would progressively get worse.
The following year, I expected her to be bed ridden or similar, so was surprised when she answered the door looking 10 years younger.
I asked how she was and she replied that she was fine, and had no back problems. It turned out that six months earlier during the summer, she had been lying on the carpet looking out at her garden and saw that some flowers required 'dead heading'.
She took a chance and managed to get out onto the lawn and lay on a small piece of carpet, reaching to snip the flowers. She did all along the back garden.
The following morning she was surprised that she no pain getting out of bed and could dress herself without trouble. In short her back problems had gone. Obviously due stretching whilst seeing to her flowers. Her consultant couldn't believe it.
She has continued with a stretching regime and has suffered no further problems to date.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

robert meldrum

« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2010, 11:23:31 pm »
Mark

It's called MARKETING and like him or loathe him J P is a millionaire! 

Dave

Back pain is almost without exception caused by muscles " pulling "when they should be " relaxing " It's just a case of someone determining which muscles need strengthening to achieve a correct balance.
When the spine / pelvis is out of alignment the alignment has to be corrected before working on smple muscle strengthening exercises
What your lady achieved is what chiro's and osteo's achieve frequently NOT by ability in many cases but by accident.............but they won't admit that to their patient !