Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

roundbuilder

whats better compact £10's or spread out £20's
« on: March 26, 2010, 04:38:47 pm »
im realy working hard with the canvassing at the mo only going for £20 plussers which is taking ages. I already have a full round but my idea was to build a week of £20 pounders and sell a week of my lower priced work and so on untill its a full month of £20 pounders, i wanted this so less collecting and less customers to worry about etc. the problem i have come across is that i dont have any £20 plussers close to eachother(after each 1 i do i have to reel up and drive on to next instead of doing 4 or 5 in 1 go compact). Im now having 2nd thoughts about my plan of action. anybody else tried this method for there round and did it work.

daz1977

Re: whats better compact £10's or spread out £20's
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2010, 04:43:11 pm »
to be honest i would rather have compact work as depending on how far every thing is apart, the hourly rate could be crap

Scrimble

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2010, 04:44:54 pm »
i prefer a row of £10 jobs,

one of my favourite days is a row of £10 3 bed semi's, its also one of my most profitable days too.

Dave Willis

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2010, 04:52:58 pm »
Generally i find the bigger the price the more likely I'll be messed about. Love doing country homes but also like to crack on with the compact stuff.

prestige cleaners

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2010, 04:58:00 pm »
my work is mainly £20 every 8 weeks, for 20-30min houses, although some are spread theres only 5 to 10mins between them. so it works for me, average hourly rate on my own last time i checked was about £35, spose you could calculate both ways see whats best,

i do have a lot of them compacted on one estate, so i like those days!  ;D

roundbuilder

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2010, 05:01:39 pm »
my work is mainly £20 every 8 weeks, for 20-30min houses, although some are spread theres only 5 to 10mins between them. so it works for me, average hourly rate on my own last time i checked was about £35, spose you could calculate both ways see whats best,

yea well my hourly rate is verey good with my compact work tbh but still as every1 I want more which is why im doing this. so all your work is £20 pounders...im jealouse now i have 61 so far but has took me 3 months of going out 3 days a week to get them. can i ask why is all yours 8weekly???

roundbuilder

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2010, 05:07:19 pm »
yea dont get me wron you cant beat compact work..im just getting the harris with it and wanted a change,i wasnt expecting to get much compact with bigger but my god each job is on a dif road whis is so anoying as i have tried so hard to build them up.

bad trippy

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2010, 05:08:58 pm »
would much rather have a row of cheaper houses without driving all over the show than stop start stop start, i think the more the compact the better the hourly rate.
Plus when im out canvassing a tenner is much easier to say than £20 plus.
I start cringing a bit after the £12 mark, unless they have approached me that is
www.clearviewbristol.co.uk
Add me on Facebook clear view window cleaning

prestige cleaners

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2010, 05:09:16 pm »

yea well my hourly rate is verey good with my compact work tbh but still as every1 I want more which is why im doing this. so all your work is £20 pounders...im jealouse now i have 61 so far but has took me 3 months of going out 3 days a week to get them. can i ask why is all yours 8weekly???

i bought my round nearly 3 yrs ago, and they were all £20, and a couple of fronts were £15 (5mins work  ;D) didnt have a clue on pricing so im glad they were that price, at least im not a busy fool, i just wont go below £20 i wait for the right ones to say yes, of course if i was quiet i would lower my prices, but no need at the mo.

i use wfp so the windows stay cleaner for longer, i do have one monthly for £20 but she lives in a really dirty area.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2010, 05:21:50 pm »
I've got pockets of compact and pockets of not so compact.

Funnily enough, over the day - whether it is a compact ex council semi at £8 - 10 or some bigger private 1930's semi's or detached at £13/£22 mine all seem to pan out at about £30 - £35 per hour over a seven hour day.

I also have a village with a mix of cottages/larger properties in the £12 - £20 range and they seem to be much the same.

My few £25/£30 jobbies are about the same too as they are more spread out. In fact I do not have a domestic job over £30.
It's a game of three halves!

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2010, 05:23:27 pm »
I live in a  beautiful area and am a bit of a snob (apparently).
I have both compact and spread out work and like the variation. My spread out work averages £35 per property. My compact work averages £15. Both have their place. I tend to do compact in a morning and a few spread out in the afternoon, I find it breaks the day up a bit.

I like higher value work as you have less time doing administration for 1 £50 job than you do for 5 £10 jobs.

matt

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2010, 06:27:08 pm »
compact will allways be a winner, as you are allways working, whilst you are sat in the van driving, your not earning

though saying that

ask compact 10 quid work or spread out 50 quid ( plus ) work

prestige cleaners

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2010, 06:42:02 pm »
wouldnt it be better still to have compact work but still be about £20 whats the point of charging someone £10 just cos youve got loads in the same area, doesnt make sense?

okay lets do some calculation

3 spread out properties 20mins each, £20 each, 5mins driving time between them = £60 and 1 1/4 hrs time.
= £48 per hr

3 compact next door neighbours, 20mins each, = £30 and 1hr time, = £30 per hr

bear in mind too that if im driving far im charging extra for travelling time

chopsie

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2010, 06:54:03 pm »
I have both compact and spread out work and like the variation. My spread out work averages £35 per property. My compact work averages £15. Both have their place. I tend to do compact in a morning and a few spread out in the afternoon, I find it breaks the day up a bit.

I like higher value work as you have less time doing administration for 1 £50 job than you do for 5 £10 jobs.
Bakewell,very beautiful area,I am from Ashbourne so not a million miles away and also beautiful IMHO,live in Derby for last 7-8 months but building up part of my rounds in Ashbourne and my best area is Parwich,very nice area to work in
chopsie

paul rulton

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2010, 07:00:39 pm »

i agree with Stuat....( the snob ) lol  ;D

Paul Coleman

« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2010, 07:03:15 pm »
I've got quite a mix of work as I'm sure most of us have.  Compact is OK but I do find that there can be more scope for some customers messing about.  It's as if they know you will be back because you clean for a few of their neighbours so it can increase the "not today" stuff and other things.

roundbuilder

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2010, 07:11:16 pm »
wouldnt it be better still to have compact work but still be about £20 whats the point of charging someone £10 just cos youve got loads in the same area, doesnt make sense?

3 spread out properties 20mins each, £20 each, 5mins driving time between them = £60 and 1 1/4 hrs time.
= £48 per hr

[/quote

mate that is what i want compact £20 pounders, thats the problem i cant get them compact. i can still roughly do 2 an hour with driving etc so is worth it. just shame as if more compact i could quite easy do 3 an hour.. oh well ill keep trying

prestige cleaners

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2010, 07:24:04 pm »

= £48 per hr

[/quote

mate that is what i want compact £20 pounders, thats the problem i cant get them compact. i can still roughly do 2 an hour with driving etc so is worth it. just shame as if more compact i could quite easy do 3 an hour.. oh well ill keep trying

£40 per hr isnt to be sniffed at mind! i do have a few next door neighbours at £20 but its rare to get 3 in a row. i did try terraced house canvassing, just doing the fronts, but no one was willing to pay more than £3. there a pain with wfp

Ryan @ Transparent, Carlisle

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2010, 07:44:59 pm »
compact work, all day long for me  ;D

martinsadie

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2010, 07:50:18 pm »
all patch work is compact,its the only way get a job driving if that s what you like doing.
wouldnt like to buy a round off you where you have kept the best paying houses in that area,should sell all the work in the area