Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ian Gourlay

Car Valeting
« on: March 25, 2010, 06:53:59 pm »
I am amazed at the number of car valeting and waterfed poles cleaners in what I regard as a very small town.

Perhaps people are happy to pay to have cars cleaned,

Mike Halliday

Re: Car Valeting
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 07:38:26 pm »
I have my car valeted, 2 men, 2 hours cost me £55, they can keep that work!! ::) ::)

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

JandS

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2010, 08:20:51 pm »
Did it as an add on when I first started up.
Wasn't an add on for very long.
The ones I got were
a) Nit picking to the n'th degree - microscope out sort of thing
b) Expected a brand new interior on getting it back
c) I got a lot of these - one man band car salesmen who had
bought at auction and interior was a pig sty.

Soul destroying work.

John
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

shine services

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2010, 09:28:52 pm »
I am a new business and have valeting as one of my add ons, I am seriously cosidering giving it the boot also! People just dont like to pay to much for a valet and my price of £55 is far from rewarding ::)

derek west

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2010, 09:52:59 pm »
I am a new business and have valeting as one of my add ons, I am seriously cosidering giving it the boot also! People just dont like to pay to much for a valet and my price of £55 is far from rewarding ::)

;D

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2010, 09:56:37 pm »
Valeting a car is looked at by the gen public as bob a job work and that's why alot of Eastern Europeans do the work as the skill for that trade is low and the pay is also low.

The publics perception of most kinds of upholstery style cleaning can be low and requires far more selling than carpets.

Shaun

shine services

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2010, 10:33:31 pm »
Valeting a car is looked at by the gen public as bob a job work and that's why alot of Eastern Europeans do the work as the skill for that trade is low and the pay is also low.

The publics perception of most kinds of upholstery style cleaning can be low and requires far more selling than carpets.

Shaun

I agree, I learned this very fast when i started

ARCHWAY VALETING

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2010, 06:43:03 pm »

;D

£55 ? what was u doing for that then ?

ARCHWAY VALETING

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2010, 06:47:53 pm »

Shaun

what a load of rubbish !!

derek west

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2010, 06:55:41 pm »
come on then archway, give us the low down on your profession. i'd be interested to know how you can make good money other than valeting the stars cars

Len Gribble

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2010, 06:56:31 pm »
It looks more regular than carpet cleaning
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

derek west

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2010, 07:07:59 pm »
not quite setting the record straight but well done on the 13th year.

so come on, have you got to clean the rich to survive or can you make good money from 3 bed semi families.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2010, 09:07:36 am »
Ab out 9 years ago in The General Cleaning Section there was a guy who used to pp up when ever you mentioned the subject selling us a waterless franchise
I think Martin 606 did get involved.

The product is sold on shopping channels at about £13 a litre and does about four cars.

Its good  although he does not do mine my policeman neighbour uses it and has cleaned several  neighbours cars.

He was telling me that if you bulk buy you can purchase it for £4 a ltre

So  you could clean and  protect a car for £1

Ive always been a bit dubious about scratch marks if doing someone elses car but I had a good look at finished result and could not find any.

Colin Day

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2010, 09:38:06 am »
Actually, car valeting pays better money than oven cleaning :o, we have to charge a lot more for carpet/upholstery cleaning to gain back the massive amounts of money the equipment, training and marketting costs.... In fact, I can't see how you can really compare carpet cleaning with car valetting.

I earn £22.50 p/h (average) on oven cleaning and £45 p/h (average) on carpet cleaning. But I spend pennies running the oven cleaning side of the business and the carpet cleaning costs considerably more! This can be said for running a valet business I would have thought ???

Lewis Newby

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2010, 10:33:02 pm »
I have been running a valeting company of my own for just over a year now and its tough going tbh. as expected getting started in a recession isnt easy but im starting to get there. having previously been working for near minimum wage doing the hours im told to do or offered its a welcome change for me , i now earn more money and work less hours.

I also do pressure washing and have trained to do carpet cleaning, i have had a few good CC jobs , i did a  private practice at the weekend and made £350 in just shy of a day- i was shattered using a prochem sx2100 but this is more then i used to make in a week.

I do enjoy cleaning cars still but a couple jobs like that a month would really help the books and im now looking at doing more advertising instead of offering it only to my valet customers. on the plus side i have some customers with amazing cars which pay £25-40 every couple weeks and takes me 60-70 mins and can be a pleasure to work on a nice day

work is work atm

regards
lew