Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mickeybok

Canvasing
« on: March 25, 2010, 05:59:20 pm »
Just about to start up as a wc, have read a lot of threads and the consensus is to canvas and leaflet drop, which I intend to do.
But is there a particular time of day that would be best to do this, say after 4pm or should I just start from 9am and see what happens?

cleewindows

Re: Canvasing
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 06:00:28 pm »
start at 9 am
drop leaflets everywhere!

lcwalker

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2010, 08:13:48 pm »
Ive dropped alot of leaflet probably 2-3 calls per 100 leaflets dropped but tou dont get every job so it might work out 1 or 2 jobs per 100.

Today i plucked up the courage to go door knocking but hated it only did a few and didn't get a job but what im going to do is go out with the leaflets and if a house has dirty windows give a knock i think the advice ive been given on here it's the only way to get customers quicker.

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2010, 08:34:22 pm »
Try to door knock as much as you can,

with lighter evenings 5 pm till dark during the week then sat & sun    10am to 1pm   then back out at 3pm till 6

only leave leaflets if people are not in,   if you just drop leaflets you will have a very poor response.

you can door knock 9 to 6 week days but be prepared for lots of people to be out at work.

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

gr cleaning solutions

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2010, 08:41:58 pm »
i tend to do leaflet drop than door knocking and so far im getting a good response starting to get phone calls from areas that i leafleted in january  mickybox you trad or wfp

mickeybok

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2010, 08:53:04 pm »
Just starting out so Im trad at the mo with an eye on going wfp in the Autumn if I get enough cussys

Ryan @ Transparent, Carlisle

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2010, 09:01:39 pm »
i started off with just leafletting.

I once leafletted on a sunday, posted about 50 leaflets, and got 2 calls later the same evening.

Now i rely on door-knocking, if nobody is in i post a leaflet, and knock back if the windows look dirty ;D

I usually door knock during the day, weekdays & saturdays. But with the lighter nights coming i am going to try knocking from 6PM till dark.

richywilts

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2010, 09:09:13 pm »
me and two mates picked up a good estate last two days we have picked up about 30 new customers, loadsa maybes and a few next times coz of building work going on, thats just knockin from 10-4 and cleaning when we get them picked up loadsa driveway and fascia cleans too. dont be too scared too knock i must admit sumdays i dont feel like it but coming in too spring time people want it doing dont be scared get a friend to help u out and make it a challenge to beat them by the end of the day
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

Ian101

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2010, 11:17:32 pm »
me and two mates picked up a good estate last two days we have picked up about 30 new customers, loadsa maybes and a few next times coz of building work going on, thats just knockin from 10-4 and cleaning when we get them picked up loadsa driveway and fascia cleans too. dont be too scared too knock i must admit sumdays i dont feel like it but coming in too spring time people want it doing dont be scared get a friend to help u out and make it a challenge to beat them by the end of the day

Thats a good hit rate .... im out starting next week .. door knocking and leaflet if their out .. think ur near me.

richywilts

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2010, 04:47:54 am »
im in ellesmere port but clean up too spital
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

jonnyald

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2010, 06:38:46 am »
now the spring sun is shining thru those dirty windows is the very best time to get new work.  usually they will welcome you with open arms ive found

formb

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2010, 06:57:53 am »
Ive dropped alot of leaflet probably 2-3 calls per 100 leaflets dropped but tou dont get every job so it might work out 1 or 2 jobs per 100.

Today i plucked up the courage to go door knocking but hated it only did a few and didn't get a job but what im going to do is go out with the leaflets and if a house has dirty windows give a knock i think the advice ive been given on here it's the only way to get customers quicker.

I have nearly 3000 customers, I have never knocked on 1 door. Most of my customers have come from leaflets, I expect around a 1% hit rate.

I don't knock on doors as I would never buy from a door step seller even if I wanted their product / service.

Keep at the leaflets, when you get a customer put flyers through their neighbours  doors every time you are there. 10 mins to do 1 house 15 mins to do 2. ;D

Rogue Trader

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2010, 08:37:28 am »

I have nearly 3000 customers, I have never knocked on 1 door. Most of my customers have come from leaflets, I expect around a 1% hit rate.

I don't knock on doors as I would never buy from a door step seller even if I wanted their product / service.

Keep at the leaflets, when you get a customer put flyers through their neighbours  doors every time you are there. 10 mins to do 1 house 15 mins to do 2. ;D

can you semd me a copy of your leaflet , must be a goodun!

matt@pure-windowcleaning.co.uk

cheers

formb

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2010, 09:08:16 am »

can you semd me a copy of your leaflet , must be a goodun!

matt@pure-windowcleaning.co.uk

cheers

It's not.

Plain, Black & White, Simples!

paul rulton

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2010, 09:12:54 am »
formb............ 3000  :o  good on ya m8  ;) that beats the hell out of wot i had about 8yrs ago.
i had 934 custys  ;D but back then they were only about the £5.50/£6 mark  :-\ did have about 20
 good jos ;D would b loaded if i still had them  ::)  ;D

formb

« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2010, 09:25:32 am »
formb............ 3000  :o  good on ya m8  ;) that beats the hell out of wot i had about 8yrs ago.
i had 934 custys  ;D but back then they were only about the £5.50/£6 mark  :-\ did have about 20
 good jos ;D would b loaded if i still had them  ::)  ;D

10 Sets of wages, massive fuel bill and VAT as well though.   :'(

mickeybok

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2010, 09:33:00 am »
Hitman, what is your average charge now? I'm just starting and wondering what to charge. Did think 7-8 quid for a 3 bed semi but now thinking 10-12, does that sound about right?

paul rulton

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2010, 09:50:41 am »

hmmm  ::) yer u can keep them bits  ;D my fav words are now... EASY/SIMPLE  ;D
thats how i like my life these days  ;D but well done m8  ;)  & long may it last  ;)

formb

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2010, 10:56:14 am »

hmmm  ::) yer u can keep them bits  ;D my fav words are now... EASY/SIMPLE  ;D
thats how i like my life these days  ;D but well done m8  ;)  & long may it last  ;)

Cheers