Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

JandS

Re: How would you respond?
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2010, 06:45:40 pm »
" John, I think competing on price is foolish. How will they value you if your cheap? "

I don't think that's particularly cheap.
They'll say he's good and at a reasonable price.
I personally think £200 plus is expensive for what amounts to about 3.5 hours work
and so would many others.
My father is in the building industry.
He was telling me the other day all the expensive plumbers are either sat at home
twiddling their thumbs, have dropped their prices to a reasonable rate or have signed
on the books with a big firm paying a weekly salary.
Why is competing on price foolish.
Don't you shop round for the cheapest price before you buy something or do you
go for the dearest.

John
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

JandS

« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2010, 06:47:22 pm »
Dead right Derek 2 hours with a TM.

John
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Colin Day

« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2010, 06:51:47 pm »
how I would answer.......

dear Madam.

thank you for your enquiry but  i regret to inform you that I died yesterday so am not in a position to clean your carpet or sofas.

yours faithfully

Joe Hatton ( deceased)
;D ;D ;D

Colin Day

« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2010, 06:54:11 pm »
I agree with John too actually. In fact I did a similar job today and at £150, she was happy and I was happy..... That's a good result if you ask me :)

garry22

« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2010, 06:58:45 pm »
Joe,

It's an interesting point. If I look back over the last couple of years, the biggest time wasters and pains in the rear came via e mail enquiries  (particularly directories such as Free Index).

I am seriously thinking of removing the E mail options from my sites on the current rebuilds. If someone can be bothered to pick up the phone maybe they are more committed.

I saw some test results from the USA a couple of years ago and response actually went right up when there was only a telephone option.

Food for thought

Garry

The Great One

« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2010, 06:59:45 pm »
Hi Joe

Just say that after careful consideration you've had a chat with Jesus and at that price that's a miracle even he can't perform.

(Sorry couldn't resist  ;) )

Regards

Martin 8)

derek west

« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2010, 07:00:38 pm »
can i just add, i don't compete on price, theres far cheaper than me round here and far dearer, my price is my price. if they don't like my price i won't drop it, unless its only a smallish amount then i may consider it if the custy is nice.

john
and a helper, we work well together and get shed loads done. i honestly think on big jobs, 2 people can do a job faster than one can if worked out per person per hour. sorry if that sounds confusing but i know what i mean ;D

james roffey

« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2010, 07:09:22 pm »
Enjoyed our chat joe when i looked at the phone it said 1 hour 30 minutes :o

clinton

« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2010, 07:11:45 pm »
Il have your prowler joe ;D

craigp

« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2010, 07:30:57 pm »
to me this is a bit more than 'a steady mornings work'

It would be a mornings very hard work.

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2010, 07:36:57 pm »
I agree with Craig, you've got 67m2 of rooms plus 3 bathrooms and an HSL, hardly 2 hours work - puts into perspective just how stupid the original price she got is.

Joe H

« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2010, 07:41:17 pm »
I reckon there is 4 hours work there.

If Derek can do it in 2 hours, but there is 2 of them so thats 4 hours for £120-£160 plus of course you have to get there and back and clean your bits and bobs, say and hour so you total 5 hours.
If Derek wants work at those prices thats fine for him as he says, cant criticise him, but Iwould be looking for more.

Steve - she had more then one at that price by the words of her enquiry.  ::)

Still, the thread wasnt about money, it was about how would you respond.

« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2010, 07:50:48 pm »
Joe, ask her if you can go and give her one, quote that is ;D, and give her the quote and just tell her how YOU do it and how long it will take you. 

As Derek as said "its your price" so if you get the chance, just explain.

I couldnt do it in 2hrs with or without a helper and with a TM, im with Steve on that

Regards

Daryl

jasonl

« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2010, 07:57:17 pm »
£150 here , plus 15 /seat with no cushions, only a short mornings work.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Joe H

« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2010, 08:26:30 pm »
Thanks for all the input, here is the reply I just sent, be interesting if she replies.

Thank you for your enquiry.

However, for this size of job I do not price without first viewing the conditon of the items to be cleaned. Working this way enables me to offer a complete and final price to my customers, giving them them peace of mind in knowing there are no hidden extras, and giving me an view of the full conditons of the areas to be cleaned. I can also explain the procedures I will use to clean your valuable possessions. You may have noted from my website I am a member of the National Carpet Cleaners Association, currently the only carpet cleaner in the Warrington area that is. Please check out their website at www.ncca.co.uk
I also have public liability insurance including the option of treatment risk (to cover items I am working on).

I am happy to arrange a mutually convenient time to visit your premises to view the task and give a fixed quote for the job. Please call so we can arrange a mutually convenient date & time.

Also, you may wish to visit one of my other websites www.wigancarpetcleaning.co.uk which give a photo of one the machines at my disposal (actually my main machine - it is so powerful it can clean carpets 300' away). A large investment, but worth it as I want to give my clients the best service possible.

Paul W Jones

« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2010, 08:44:33 pm »
Unfortunately pricing is always going to be this way.  I priced one last week for a customer for £192.00 and she said she'd got a price of £100.00.  There's always going to be someone CHEAPER but I always say that I offer VALUE FOR MONEY.

james roffey

« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2010, 08:45:01 pm »
That pretty good Joe,

I must say that anyone that can mover furniture, vacuum, prespray agitate,extract, replace furniture and clean all that carpet in the process plus unloading the equipment and reloading it inside two hours are in my opinion not going to get much repeat business for being thorough. even if they do have a truckmount.

its the best part of a days work surely to do a proper thorough job that the customer will be delighted with and want you back again.

derek west

« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2010, 08:57:42 pm »
and without a glide, ;D

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2010, 09:05:10 pm »
How could anyone quote with so little information.
Hall stairs landing, Bathroom ,Ensuite, Downstairs Toilet no sizes and how many sofas ???
£100 must be having a laugh WHY even bother with a reply.

Cheers Tony
STAY YOUNG HAVE FUN BE HAPPY xx
www.carpetcleanersbridlington.co.uk

from edge2edge

« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2010, 09:10:22 pm »
Joe very nice site mate .I would be inclined to agree with the above post as the money is made obvious by the enquirer so would just say well if you are happy with the £100  then use them.Regards Alan(swindon)