Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Joe H

How would you respond?
« on: March 25, 2010, 03:46:18 pm »
Just received an email this afternoon.  What would be your reply.

I am wanting a quote for my carpet to be cleaned throughout the whole house. It will consist of a lounge of roughly 6m by 4m, hall stairs and landing, bathroom, 1x bedroom of roughly 3m x 2.5m, 2 x bedrooms of 3m x 6m. Plus ensuite and downstairs toilet. I have had quotes now of around £100 from local cleaners. Can you please advise what the cost would be with yourself and also the costs for sofas, not the cushions as I can wash them in the washer, just the frame.

Be polite please because I may be in with a chance with this one if I get it right.  ::)

ianharper

Re: How would you respond?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 03:52:29 pm »
Joe

email me and i send you a copy (file) of my consumers guide. should do the trick as far as objections.

Ian

richy27

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2010, 03:57:27 pm »
ian could i be cheeky and have a copy

info@pt-cleaningservices.co.uk

regards

Richard

Steve. Taylor

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2010, 04:01:29 pm »
Joe go in at £90 if you want to eat soup for the rest of your life

£95 if you want to upgrade to beans on toast ;D ;D
Steve T       All the gear but no idea!
www.leatherrepairsouthampton.co.uk

craigp

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2010, 04:12:08 pm »
Joe Obvously you dont want the job at 100, more like 200 to 300 then more for Upholstery.

You wont get that replying to the email with prices you need to call and arrange a survey where you can measure up and advise tell him what you do and how and why (your USP and benefits)

Sell YOU.

They might start off thinking they are shopping on price but that can change on a subconcous level.

Or they may just be cheapos! ;D

craigp

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2010, 04:13:09 pm »
or try £99.50 ;D plus your clean the loo while your there ;D

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2010, 04:20:12 pm »
Joe,

around £250 for the carpets and £60 for each frame.

Tell them that you dont know of any "professional"carpet cleaner who would charge so low surely they cant be insured  ;)

Tell them to go with the other company for £100 but to keep your number as you can go back and put it right, but the price will be £280 for the carpets and £80 for the sofas, as it will take more time to rectify their damn ups ;D

sherco

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2010, 04:24:44 pm »
I never price from an email...Explain you need to arrange an appointment to view the carpets to give an accurate estimate for the works....Get loads like this, but i charge for estimates on stone floors, this cuts out the time wasters. But you cant do this on carpets.
Natural stone floor restoration service.
Natural stone fixing and repairs.
www.poshstonefloors.co.uk

gwrightson

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2010, 04:32:34 pm »
Joe,

A thought !  My reply  

Thankyou for you inquiry, however to perform the cleaning task you have proposed my price would be considerbly  higher than the quote you have already recieved, my app and I am roach and professional methods to do this job correctly do warrant the higher price, and i can assure you you will be delighted with the superior results you would notice against a any company quoting the price you have stated.

However, i may be wrong!  and they may indeed be professional, compatant and do a fantastic job, if this is the case could you please forward me their number so I can book them into do my scheduled work, i can then sit and relax all day thinking where did i go wrong all this time.

;) ;) ;)  geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

ianharper

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2010, 04:50:27 pm »
sherco

I used to have a Bultaco Sherpa on the road many years ago. me and some mates had pucker off road bikes on the road. old bill did not like it but nothing they could do about it.

what you got?

respect

Ian

Joe H

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2010, 05:03:39 pm »
Your dead right I dont want the job for £100, nor £200

For the lounge I would be looking for £70.

I would like to do a reply to make her think she aint gonna get a good service for £100 the lot! Cant imagine anyone doing it for that.

Just done a quote this afternoon for a 4mx3m lounge, 3mx2.5m dining area, stairs and landing at £110 and that was because there was a 3 piece suite to be added on as an extra as well.

Keep them coming, Craig, Daryl, Geoff - like em, but need more so I can pick the best bits and piece together.

derek west

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2010, 05:10:37 pm »
dear madame, can i ask what machine the the company with the quote for £100 for. some companies hire rug doctors for day and pass themselves off as professional cleaners, all these machines do is spread the dirt around and saturate your carpets, if you would like me to arrange a free quotation for you so we can see what the job entails, then i can give you an accurate quote and also give you an honest opinion of what results we are likely to achieve. look forward to your responce.
yours
sir joe hatten mbe  ;D

ps... you pay peanuts, ya get monkeys. ;D

sherco

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2010, 05:51:17 pm »
sherco

I used to have a Bultaco Sherpa on the road many years ago. me and some mates had pucker off road bikes on the road. old bill did not like it but nothing they could do about it.

what you got?

respect

Ian
I have a sherco 250 that i compete on and my 7yo daughter competes on a Beta rev 5o...Been looking at the 2010 Sherco 250 enduro bike,,,very tempted... ;D
Natural stone floor restoration service.
Natural stone fixing and repairs.
www.poshstonefloors.co.uk

Colin Day

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2010, 06:11:32 pm »
Dear Madam,

Thank you for your enquiry! It would appear that the quotes you have had are suspiciously low and I would question whether or not they are fully insured and indeed, qualified.

Like many things in life, you get what you pay for and the quality of service which I provide warrants my prices to be higher, but still fantastic value for your money.

If you would like a thorough, no obligation survey and quote, I will be only too happy to be of assistance.

If you are going to go down the cheap and cheerful route, make sure you wear your wellies ;D ;D ;D

gordon fraser

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2010, 06:22:11 pm »
I've got my Vax and 1001 ready if you don't want the job Joe ;D

JandS

« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2010, 06:23:15 pm »
Anybody else going to admit that they would have done for less than £200?
Can't believe you'd want £200 + for what amounts to a steady mornings work.
I'd have gone in for £130.
Quoting high prices also puts people off, they think "if that's what it's going to cost I won't bother ringing round
I'll just give them a go myself"
That's me though, I'd rather have a steady couple of hundred quid coming in every day.

John
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

JandS

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2010, 06:27:07 pm »
" Like many things in life, you get what you pay "

Bottles of Bud in Tesco are cheaper than my local but they taste exactly the same.

John
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

craigp

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2010, 06:28:57 pm »
John, I think competing on price is foolish. How will they value you if your cheap?

Next year they will just call the next guy whos ten pound less than you. They'll think anyones just as good otherwise you'd be charging more.

Joe, I would not mention the other companies price, unless they bring it up,

Did they leave a contact no.? just call them say you need to have a look to quote and get out there.

derek west

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2010, 06:41:11 pm »
i'm with john on this, bout £120 to £160 depending on usual factors, 2 hours work and a fantastic job done, not saying my prices won't go up in the future but as i'm just starting up and not fully booked i need to work. i personally don't think i'm cheap but like i care what others think. its my business, i'll run it how i bluddy well like. :P

Mike Halliday

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2010, 06:42:44 pm »
how I would answer.......

dear Madam.

thank you for your enquiry but  i regret to inform you that I died yesterday so am not in a position to clean your carpet or sofas.

yours faithfully

Joe Hatton ( deceased)
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk